JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

quitting weed

Im quitting after 9 years of heavy smoking. Its a waste of money give me some motivation!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Winner_13

clynnm17
    clynnm17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

been there done that. life is better. but i still think about it all the time

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It's not a waste of money; it's fun and relaxes you.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

money shouldn't be the issue being weed is cheap but for me atleast I would always get in a daze where I literally couldnt get my eyes off t.v no motivation nothing, good move

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I quit years ago because I knew without a doubt that years of use (and probably abuse) was affecting my health. That's a pretty good reason to stop.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

withdrawals suck cauk... but I think I need to stop too...

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

I used to smoke alot of weed, for years in fact. The drug testing for the workplace put an end to it years ago though. Every once in a while I'll fire one up with an old freind and get really comfortable, but it's not how I'd choose to live my life any more. I'd have never accomplished half of what I have if I'd been smoking an ounce of weed a week. that shit steals your time and motivation. your better off without it. If you are a heavy smoker it probably means your an addictive personality since weeds not addictive, be careful of what you pick up next. Alchohol is some truly wicked shit man physically addictive and you could kill someone while your on it.
    gl

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLove View Post
    Im quitting after 9 years of heavy smoking. Its a waste of money give me some motivation!!!
    9 years? you could TAR 3000 square feet of driveway with your lungs alone..................

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

quitting weed is easier than quitting cigs. just be strong for 2 to 3 weeks, you'll be fine. also, if you hangout with bunch of stoners, you might need to start hanging out with people that don't smoke.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    quitting weed is easier than quitting cigs. just be strong for 2 to 3 weeks, you'll be fine. also, if you hangout with bunch of stoners, you might need to start hanging out with people that don't smoke.
    Nicotine is the reason for this,most addictive substance known to man................

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

nicotine itself isn't bad for you, it's the tar that ***** up your body.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    nicotine itself isn't bad for you, it's the tar that ***** up your body.
    No but it is the glue that keeps your craving ongoing..........

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    No but it is the glue that keeps your craving ongoing..........
    I disagree with this. When I used to smoke cigarettes, I can remember times when I'd be smoking a cigar with friends, and still craving a cigarette. There's something else in the cigarettes that make them incredibly addictive. You can chew nicotine gum, wear the patch, smoke e-cigs, etc., but you'll still crave the cigarette. Why would you still have a nicotine craving, if you were getting nicotine?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had many friends get hooked on weed and overdose on it. Glad you're stepping away before it kills you.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I've had many friends get hooked on weed and overdose on it. Glad you're stepping away before it kills you.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Good luck, guy.

I was a heavy smoker for a lot of years. Quitting was tough, but you do save a lot of money. Try putting some of the money you would have used on weed (a little at a time) and take a trip with it; that way you'll see the value (other than health) of quitting smoking.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck man. You can do it. You will save a ton of money and have time and motivation to get a lot accomplished in your life.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I spent years being a 24/7 smoker, switched over to just smoking late at night, I like it much better that way.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

grow your own

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

puff

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post

I hope you are just taking the piss!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Pay me back and maybe there will be good karma.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I've never liked week, tried it a few times and never liked the way it makes me feel. The only time I liked the effect is about 6 years ago when I puffed on a joint twice because my left knee had been killing me for about a week. That shit was like a miracle. In minutes I was jumping up and down and doing squats and shit. It was really funny. At that moment I told myself that unless they have some good pain meds for when I'm old and hurting everywhere, I would smoke weed then. But by that time I have nothing to worry about, whatever I'll achieve will be done by then.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

good luck

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    I've never liked week, tried it a few times and never liked the way it makes me feel. The only time I liked the effect is about 6 years ago when I puffed on a joint twice because my left knee had been killing me for about a week. That shit was like a miracle. In minutes I was jumping up and down and doing squats and shit. It was really funny. At that moment I told myself that unless they have some good pain meds for when I'm old and hurting everywhere, I would smoke weed then. But by that time I have nothing to worry about, whatever I'll achieve will be done by then.
    unreal that after all we know about ganja today.. some states don't offer medicinal marijuana

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    unreal that after all we know about ganja today.. some states don't offer medicinal marijuana
    Tell me about it bro. I'm in Texas so if caught they probably would have chopped my leg off and thrown me in the hole for a year.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

as another poster said money shouldn't be an issue weed is very cheap. as far as smoking quitting is the right decision I smoked in college from time to time but haven't smoked since I graduated gotta move on with life and take responsibility. Now I can't .even stand the smell of it

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Weed is cool in high school before you've done any real drugs. I think once you turn 21 (at the oldest) you shouldn't smoke weed anymore. Its a drug for fukkin teenage losers who have no responsibilities and who nobody expects shit out of. Much better drugs out there if you want to use drugs, and that don't involve inhaling smoke which cannot be good for you.

Plus, are there even any additives in weed like nicotine in cigs? I smoked weed a lot when I was young but never got any physical withdrawal symptoms when I quit, its all mental.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Weed is cool in high school before you've done any real drugs. I think once you turn 21 (at the oldest) you shouldn't smoke weed anymore. Its a drug for fukkin teenage losers who have no responsibilities and who nobody expects shit out of. Much better drugs out there if you want to use drugs, and that don't involve inhaling smoke which cannot be good for you.

Plus, are there even any additives in weed like nicotine in cigs? I smoked weed a lot when I was young but never got any physical withdrawal symptoms when I quit, its all mental.
    it's actually the other way around

weed very damaging to the developing brain

parents should do everything they can to keep drugs away from teens imo

i'm not against drugs or alcohol just think think it should be strictly for adults

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Its a drug for fukkin teenage losers who have no responsibilities and who nobody expects shit out of. Much better drugs out there if you want to use drugs, and that don't involve inhaling smoke which cannot be good for you.

Depends on the person I guess. I kinda look at alcohol the same way, it's for fukking loser college kids who have no responsibilities.

Weed otoh, I see nothing wrong with sitting on the couch at night and smoking a doobie while watching a movie or surfing the web.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

suck rooster instead

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

great decision,
    the benefits are endless

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Weed gives you the best nights sleep

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

weed is nothing. i've quit weed and dipping habits and it wasn't too hard. trying to get off the xanax is a different story. I was doing ok and holding out until i read online going cold turkey can kill you and seizures are likely. **** that....guess ill puss out and go with the tapering down method. lame

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

wait what? weed actually has therapeutic effects on people that have cancer and other illnesses. can you say the same about other drugs you are thinking of?

12 Last