Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Anyone here fish?

Im going to Greece in a few weeks for vacation. I want to buy my cousin a gift and he has asked me for the Garmin 526s chart plotter. He just wants the device for measuring depths of the water in order to understand where he can catch certain fish. I have checked online and this device goes for around 700-900 dollars. I am willing to spend around 300-500 really. Does anyone know of a comparable product that i can get him (it could be used as well) that also has a menu in greek? Thanks

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

It's for middle America White Trash.

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    It's for middle America White Trash.
    I found out this doesnt read depth on plots and shows maps? do you know of a device that can read depth levels in the sea.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Just looking for a gps chart plotter? Save yourself money. Get him the Navionics Marine: Europe app $25.

I have the same app (different location) for my iphone. App works even when out of cell signal range. Drains the battery pretty quick but if the boat has a cig lighter or outlet then you're good to go. I use one of those iphone car dash mounts and a ziplock bag(to keep it dry). Works with iPad as well if he wants a larger screen

freeVICK

And yes the app shows depth

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    And yes the app shows depth
    thanks man the only problem is he doesnt own any apple products. He's just a simple fisherman doesnt own much technology and doesnt possess the funds to acquire. He did have this on his boat last year and it broke down...

freeVICK

Well cheapest way would be to get him an iphone or ipad. And unlike a garmin chart plotter, you can use the iPhone or iPad for just about everything else in life

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

Well cheapest way would be to get him an iphone or ipad. And unlike a garmin chart plotter, you can use the iPhone or iPad for just about everything else in life
    true, but a guy recommended me this product, is it any good?
    http://www.basspro.com/Humminbird-59...8#BVQAWidgetID

freeVICK

I have no idea about that particular product, but I see that it's a fish finder as well as gps. Not bad for the price, But fish finders are a whole diff animal. You better do your research on those as quality is far more important

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

yea well he wants to read the depths and plot where he leaves his bait and traps. Thanks though im mulling over the options now.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Going to start speargun fishing next month. Just ordered my speargun yesterday JBL carbine speargun (D-7).

freeVICK

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Going to start speargun fishing next month. Just ordered my speargun yesterday JBL carbine speargun (D-7).
    I dive a little myself. Curious Where you gonna dive and what are you targeting?

Nyjrkm06
    Mets

nice sounds fun, that can be difficult though

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

I dive a little myself. Curious Where you gonna dive and what are you targeting?
    We will be in Redondo Beach/Palos Verdes Estates beach area. I honestly do not know where, but my friend is setting this up. I will keep posting updates on this new sport I am picking up