milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**warning to guys not to let their girls turn them into snobs

with all the threads/posts lately about golden nugget not being a great hotel, food in vegas, only sitting in the first 5 rows, at sporting events, etc etc i thought i would give the new guys this warning.

as men we shouldn't give a shit about stuff like this. yes i drink johnnie walker blue label from time to time, but come on the black is just as good. in blind taste tests people prefer $5/bottle wine to $200/wine 50% of the time. a $50 steak tastes no better to me than a $6 meal at kfc.

so guys let's get off our high horses. i've eaten at more than my share of fancy restaurants, that doesn't give me or anyone else the right to be a food snob. you can have just as good a time at pizza hut with a few beers and a meat lover's. i've sat in $200 sporting event tickets, and i can have just as much fun in $20 seats with a few beers.

my theory on this is that most guys get suckered into wasting excessive money all the time by their significant others, and then justify that activity by tricking themselves into believing they can only have fun if they are wasting large amounts of money and sitting in better seats and eating more expensive food than someone else.

judging others doesn't define who they are, but it does define who YOU ARE.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

I'm the one that said the hot dog stand outside of Circus Circus for best food in Vegas.

Mike, next time your in the Twin Cities, I'll take ya to the Applebees just down the road from my place. We can split the 2 for $20 deal.

milwaukee mike

i like applebee's even though their $1.99 long island iced tea is really watered down, takes 5 of them to give me a buzz but that's still cheap

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Golden Nugget fukkin blows

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Was honesty there Monday for $5 burgers and a $5 pitcher of brew.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Best times i ever had at eagles games were when i was shitfaced drunk sitting in the 700 level (nosebleed section) at veterans stadium.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

milwaukee mike you know damn well that 99% of this forum is small time and they only say they are high rollers when everyone including themselves know they really aren't

I bet most people on this board stay at Imperial Palace or Circus Circus when they go to Vegas and then commute to the Wynn or Venetian to play that way they can techically say they stayed at the Wynn/Venetian

And I bet they eat at Riviera/Excalibur buffets and then get a snickers bar from the vending machine at Palazzo that way they say they ate at the Palazzo

Small timers

Why do you think I made that "Where everyone stays in Las Vegas" thread, because I see through the act

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    milwaukee mike you know damn well that 99% of this forum is small time and they only say they are high rollers when everyone including themselves know they really aren't

I bet most people on this board stay at Imperial Palace or Circus Circus when they go to Vegas and then commute to the Wynn or Venetian to play that way they can techically say they stayed at the Wynn/Venetian

And I bet they eat at Riviera/Excalibur buffets and then get a snickers bar from the vending machine at Palazzo that way they say they ate at the Palazzo

Small timers

Why do you think I made that "Where everyone stays in Las Vegas" thread, because I see through the act
    hopefully the people here aren't out to impress people by saying they ate at palazzo. either eat there or don't, but it's better to own up to your decision.
    if someone asks me and i say i ate at olive garden, and they roll their eyes, i say "why do you care where i eat, i sure as hell don't care where you eat". if you only do things based on trying to impress others, you'll both be disappointed

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    hopefully the people here aren't out to impress people by saying they ate at palazzo. either eat there or don't, but it's better to own up to your decision.
    if someone asks me and i say i ate at olive garden, and they roll their eyes, i say "why do you care where i eat, i sure as hell don't care where you eat". if you only do things based on trying to impress others, you'll both be disappointed
    Best food in Las Vegas is In N Out Burger... even though we have them here in Dallas now I still would go there and eat double doubles and animal fries over some steakhouse or fancy strip eatery

milwaukee mike

i wish we had in n out burger or fatburger here in milwaukee

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

i like applebee's even though their $1.99 long island iced tea is really watered down, takes 5 of them to give me a buzz but that's still cheap
    $1.99? You don't wanna see the price of a Long Island at Applebee's in Costa Rica then. A small is $6.50, and a large is $7.00. Then again, they're definitely not watered down.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

with all the threads/posts lately about golden nugget not being a great hotel, food in vegas, only sitting in the first 5 rows, at sporting events, etc etc i thought i would give the new guys this warning.

as men we shouldn't give a shit about stuff like this. yes i drink johnnie walker blue label from time to time, but come on the black is just as good. in blind taste tests people prefer $5/bottle wine to $200/wine 50% of the time. a $50 steak tastes no better to me than a $6 meal at kfc.

so guys let's get off our high horses. i've eaten at more than my share of fancy restaurants, that doesn't give me or anyone else the right to be a food snob. you can have just as good a time at pizza hut with a few beers and a meat lover's. i've sat in $200 sporting event tickets, and i can have just as much fun in $20 seats with a few beers.

my theory on this is that most guys get suckered into wasting excessive money all the time by their significant others, and then justify that activity by tricking themselves into believing they can only have fun if they are wasting large amounts of money and sitting in better seats and eating more expensive food than someone else.

Post of the day.

I drink Majorska 100 proof, not because I'm a cheap fuk, the buzz is just as good as the Kettle One.

I prefer upstairs at Yankee Stadium behind the plate, because I like looking down at the action with no blind spots, with all the action unfolding in front of me much better than second row, behind the dugout.

I like 5* fancy restaurants as much as the next guy, but good food can be found anywhere for a lot less than one would pay for, say, at Tavern on the Green or whatever.

I know Dominicans that sell 3 dollar hand rolled right in front of you that taste as good as most 40 dollar Havana's.................

milwaukee mike

you're a smart guy nash

my brewers season tickets are in that same spot, right behind home plate in the front of the uppers. great view and i don't have to look through the net, i'm paying 1/5th the money and i think i have a better view

also i don't pay $20/game for parking, people criticize me for walking an extra couple blocks, hell i need the exercise and i'd rather spend that money on nachos and beer