HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Lot of talk here but not many Free Throw Champions.

Looking @ the colors of the ribbon, was this in the Yiddish Youth League? LOL

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Looking @ the colors of the ribbon, was this in the Yiddish Youth League? LOL
    Nah, had to beat a lot of people to win that. School then City then State. It was a long time ago.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    from my Jr yr to my SR yr I had a streak of 41 in high school that being said I was a 6'2 white boy so I better make free throws, but I'm sure at some points in between private practice and going 1 day to the next I have made 100 in a row (would guess)
    Lifetime high school 90% ft shooter.

parents would fight -- I'd be out in the backyard shooting them for hours from 13-17yrs old counting down the days to UCSB
    Look at this fukkin guy, unfukkinreal you are officially te coolest person on the Internet!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Nice work K13! Bring the PROOF.... then you can brag!

otherwise it is all hot air to us. True or Not

I miss the K of C and Elks free throw shooting contests..... anyone ever do Pepsi Hot Shot Challenges?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    anyone ever do Pepsi Hot Shot Challenges?
    almost brought this up....i knew a kid who finished second nationally when he was like 12 years old and got to play the final round at halftime of the nba finals in the la forum back in the magic/kareem days....unreal experience for the kid

turned into a pretty good hs player...mid level college player

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Does anyone know what the world record is?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post

middle aged non athletic dude... I think it was in the mid thousands... around 5k

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post

gl

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    almost brought this up....i knew a kid who finished second nationally when he was like 12 years old and got to play the final round at halftime of the nba finals in the la forum back in the magic/kareem days....unreal experience for the kid

turned into a pretty good hs player...mid level college player

yeah my family was big into them. We got to all shoot at halftime of cleveland cavs games in various years....

My cousin Sean was the best though, and he was very good in big time power conference hoops. (still coaches) In my own family family my oldest brother was the best, and he barely got time in Varsity HS at a small western pa school

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Sammy and I will take on any other twosome in a contest! I will put up 1k and he will put up a used car. 50 shots on vid by each teammate. You'll have 120 mins from time the contest starts to post a thread and time stamp your video with you hitting submit on the post/thread. Most free throws combined wins. Our challengers only need to put up 1k. The used car is a sweetner and incentive from us. COME GET SOME!!!

No one wants anything to do with taking on the likes of me and sammy charger!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

ok found the video sammy!

I was running out of video room and the hr we had to post the vid.

so I stopped at 19. hit 21/22 in this vid. I believe sammy hit 13. we both had loose rims and might only have had 7-8 in a row on proper rim.

with a rebounder and keeping feet set and not having to do quick hop shots at first. I think I could get 40 in 5 mins.

never really shoot anymore, but it only takes 15 mins to regain 90% of my STROKE

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

58 is my personal best

I hit 24-24 in competition during my junior year in high school (missed first one my senior year), missed qualifying for the state lead with so few attempts coming deep off the bench. Chris Jackson led the state (MS) - yes, I'm old.

To make HORSE games fair with my kids, I shoot left handed and recently hit 21 straight left handed

My other HORSE trick is bouncing it off the floor and in. Made 10 in a row before but never really tried to perfect it.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Chi_Archie your form is awful. Spread your feet a little and what's the rush? Got a plane to catch?

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

30 or so

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Chi_Archie your form is awful. Spread your feet a little and what's the rush? Got a plane to catch?

thanks, I'll try that.. it might be more helpful if you could make a vid today and demonstrate it. We learn better by observation and not just written instruction.

It was from a forum contest. Between me and Sammy. We had 1 hr from the start time to make a vid of your most consecutive on vid and upload it to the forum, in that time frame. There was a 3 month ban and 500 bucks on the line.

so yeah, we were a little bit rushed. Which was the point, we wanted to create extra pressure.

add to that, that I knew my camera could only hold 5 mins of vid memory at a time.

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

i can make more 3's in a row then FT's. lol

but i agree that it takes no athletic ability to shoot free throws. my manager at my old job was 53 and in terrible shape shot with terrible form and his personal record is 802. makes 100 everyday at least.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

I can do 10-15 3pts in row if someone keeps feeding me the ball

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Money on the line

Different story

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

i need to jump to make a basket, so none..

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i know that jose calderon have(or has?) the streak of consetive free throws made in game at aprox.100

good shooters that play seriously bbal hits near that number in shootarounds

i am amateur player and made around 30 in row

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

they are manics

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I was at a basketball camp one year and Chris Jackson was a counselor/coach... he was at LSU then and had not changed his name. In fact I think he was a Christian at the time and not Muslim

anyways, he and some other college players one of which was my older cousin had a 3 point shooting contest. 25 shots, and the guy that shot before you got to rebound and throw the ball or roll the ball back to you and move you all around the perimeter. My cousin hit 22 of 25 3's. Chris went last. he hit his first 19. For 20 the rebounder ( I think it was the italian guy from NC State rolled it fast and chris got it at half court... he shot it from there, missed the 20th and then made 21, 22, and his now tied with my cousin. he moves back about 10 feet. hits number 23 and walks off the court all twitchy with his tourettes.

some of these guys are unreal, not even the pros. My cousins can still roll right out of bed and hit 50 in a row from the line if needed... and they my age and older

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

always miss around the 30-38 shot,,,think it is mental, yrs back could hit 60 regular

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

that still very good. what was your highest level 3pointer. was it you or mmike that also played some college?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Played high school ball. Made 87 in a row once but that's the best I ever got. Listened to some music while I shot and that's all I did that day. a lot looked ugly, especially after I made around 40 in a row.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I was at a basketball camp one year and Chris Jackson was a counselor/coach... he was at LSU then and had not changed his name. In fact I think he was a Christian at the time and not Muslim

anyways, he and some other college players one of which was my older cousin had a 3 point shooting contest. 25 shots, and the guy that shot before you got to rebound and throw the ball or roll the ball back to you and move you all around the perimeter. My cousin hit 22 of 25 3's. Chris went last. he hit his first 19. For 20 the rebounder ( I think it was the italian guy from NC State rolled it fast and chris got it at half court... he shot it from there, missed the 20th and then made 21, 22, and his now tied with my cousin. he moves back about 10 feet. hits number 23 and walks off the court all twitchy with his tourettes.

some of these guys are unreal, not even the pros. My cousins can still roll right out of bed and hit 50 in a row from the line if needed... and they my age and older
    Went to camp with CJ when we were both in the 11th grade. There was a buzz about him, even though he was one of the smallest kids on the floor. Some of his teammates told me he would hit 200 or so at the end of every practice until they got tired of rebounding for him. People who weren't into college basketball before 1990 have no idea how good that kid was. Quickest release of all time, unlimited range, ankle breaking crossover...completely unstoppable at the college level playing around 5'9".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Chris Jackson was the biggest gym rat ever. Dude would go and shoot at 3 am in the morning...

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I just made 56 straight free throws outside in 91 degree weather. Almost unheard of.

I play HS basketball.

Has or can anyone on SBR beat that?
    training free throws for months and years and posting almost 2000 post in sbr forum while in high school? Son, at your age you should probably try to direct your addicting personality in something more useful. The world record is over 200 shots made from 3 points from a guy who couldnt beat my 10 years old niece. What a waste...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

ive made 57 straight in my backyard, never more then i think 21 straight in hs.

im better at hitting threes if im fed the ball.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

My all time record is 2... same as Shaq's.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

gonna start working my way up to 25 by july 31. with my left hand

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

gonna start working my way up to 25 by july 31. with my left hand

got 11 on the ghetto tight double rims, monday

haven't shot left handed enough, but when I start playing rec league stuf in November I might still use my left as my right has been so weak. get the cast off a week from thursday and start the rehab

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Nice W on the cards last night.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    made 100 in a row back in 95
    ​what ??? twinkies ??

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I doubt Ive ever made more then 10 in a row.
    Now my wife was a college player, and she puts me to shame every time we play 1 on 1.

First 123 Last