Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Selling a ton of phones isn't enough for the stock market. They need to be on the cutting edge of technology. Better batteries etc..
    That's what will get people talking. Not calling a phone "new" because it's a couple mm thinner or the screen is a 1/4 inch bigger.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

^^ tried explaining that numerous times here, but the fanboys are getting too upset.

if the new iPhone resembles that first rendering photo, it's big trouble for AAPL and only iTV for Christmas could save it.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    ^^ tried explaining that numerous times here, but the fanboys are getting too upset.

if the new iPhone resembles that first rendering photo, it's big trouble for AAPL and only iTV for Christmas could save it.
    You must be a retard then, because no where did you explain shit, except make blanket statements.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Selling a ton of phones isn't enough for the stock market. They need to be on the cutting edge of technology. Better batteries etc..
    That's what will get people talking. Not calling a phone "new" because it's a couple mm thinner or the screen is a 1/4 inch bigger.
    Not really, just put a fruit logo on it.

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    You must be a retard then, because no where did you explain shit, except make blanket statements.
    reading comprehension. learn it.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

paranoyd androyd

reading comprehension dumb fukkin wigger. reading comprehension.

paranoyd androyd

couple new slick renderings..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    However, if the iphone 5 looks like this rendering, AAPL will be back in business and ready to challenge $700 PPS:

I was walking through a shopping mall today and as I passed one of those mobile phone kiosks I noticed a phone that really struck me that looked quite like this.

Couldn't help stopping and having a look as it looked so much better than any phone I'd seen before. Turned out to be a Samsung S2.

That iPhone looks 5 years old in comparison I think.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Or tech-geeks. Love technology. I would have a similar reaction to TV's, golf clubs, basically any type of user friendly electronic.

Sheep are happy.
    when i had to make the switch... i did some research, tested out my sister's Iphone a bit... noticed girl's mostly go for the Iphone... just because. ended up going with a HTC droid... its been perfect for me. all i use is a screen protector, take good care of it... only dropped it once or twice on a hard surface. u drop that iphone once or twice you're lucky if its still working and hopefully the screen only cracked at the bottom portion not the middle or top seen that at work for a number of girl's with their Iphone's... its not that big of a deal, but it makes me know that i made the right choice to spend less on a droid and get a better product

its big enough as is... and they keep making newer ones that are bigger oh yeah i need a bigger damn screen? no! it needs to be as fast as my home PC and be dual core? no! who the fukk needs that shit with them wherever they go!

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Okay I am sure some of u seen this, and I really doubt this is even a true video but IF it was and I DO think it will be someday, WOW.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    Okay I am sure some of u seen this, and I really doubt this is even a true video but IF it was and I DO think it will be someday, WOW.
    It is available for your current iphone (or any phone). Search for Magic Box Keyboard.

paranoyd androyd

what a disastrous earnings call today.

- EPS missed by 11%

- GM$ on iPad sales significantly lower due to ipad 2 surplus and lower price point

- iphone 4s (apple's most important product) continues to suck major ass. quarter sales for phone missed by 10% (3M units), wow just wow.

- mac is basically dead

- supply chain within china (chinese customers) still fukked up beyond belief

- oppenheimer should be fired if next qtr doesn't deliver

- again, does apple really think they can hold off the iphone 5 release until late sept/early oct?

- iphone 5 rumored design and specs continue to deeply worry institutional investors

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the evo 4g lte and galaxys3 are so far ahead of the rest it isnt really debatable...inside and out... you wont convince iwin of any of this because he is a simpleton with very basic needs and is used to his iphone... the i5 will still be lagging behind in every aspect and still wont compare to these 2 phones who will be 6 months older... samsung and htc are far and away making the best shit on the market...

but really, it doesnt matter...they are fukkin cell phones and they do way more than any of us need them to do anyways...be happy you can afford any of them

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the i5 will still be lagging behind in every aspect and still wont compare to these 2 phones who will be 6 months older... samsung and htc are far and away making the best shit on the market...

Apple put themselves in a position where people expect them to always be in the lead, not just keep up. It'll be a tough position to be in in the coming years without rock star Steve. One bad product and they risk being yesterdays news.

OTOH, they have amazing name recognition and a strong history. And I can't imagine they didnt have a few badass ideas in the pipeline when Steve was still around.

First 123