Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

The day I need help falling asleep is the day I'm fuked. I can sleep like 12 hours a day every day, no problem. And not one or two days either, I've done it for weeks.

Don't know how people function with anything less than 6 hours. I know people that sleep 3 or 4 hours, that shit cray.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I tried some years ago, but they didn't work. Alcohol works best and is what i recommend to sleep.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

jinxed myself

was just drifting off, with the laptop on my chest in bed...

9:57 a damn ice cream truck comes down the street blasting music... It got my adrenaline pumping...

fought the urge, but i'm wide focken awake now!!!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Weed the best thing ever for sleep....Or even better, weed and a beer or 2

Xanax works great as well but I dont have a script and dont want one

Don't trust shit like ambien and other weird sleeping pills

Nyquil works too but not healthy to take every night

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock stop being an emotional wreck

Dont take pills to go to bed

Its a sign of a potential fukkin sikko

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brock stop being an emotional wreck

Dont take pills to go to bed

Its a sign of a potential fukkin sikko
    shari any leans in wimbledon tomorrow

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Melatonin or an over the counter sleep aid. Have Xanax and muscle relaxers too but no point in wasting them.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'm going to post something honest for the board. I honestly don't like sleeping. I had a friend of mine, born a day later than me, died in his sleep about a year ago. Brain aneurysm. Gone, no warnings, nothing.

Been tough to really get to sleep since then. The thought of not waking up is pretty shitty.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I'm going to post something honest for the board. I honestly don't like sleeping. I had a friend of mine, born a day later than me, died in his sleep about a year ago. Brain aneurysm. Gone, no warnings, nothing.

Been tough to really get to sleep since then. The thought of not waking up is pretty shitty.
    i'll sleep 10-12 hours without breaking a sweat if i can. Most days though i just get a regular 8 hours

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Xanax knocks me out faster than anything I've ever tried and the sleep is as deep as I've ever experienced. I prefer not to sleep like a baby... babies wake up screaming every 2 hours with a load in their pants. Why would anyone want to sleep like a baby?

Deal With It
    It's a conspiracy FACT!
    Deal With It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Took Ambien for years...quit working for me. Taking Temazepam (Restoril) now. Works OK.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Benadryl best and safest sleep aid. Stay away from the ambien and benzos this stuff can really get out of hand. Also an orgasm (preferably with a partner) and a drink will do the trick

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Good sleep drugs have a scary tolerance effect. All drugs do to some extent but sleep is very poorly understood by medicine I am hesitant to mess around with it.

If anyone thinks they have sleep issues but don't exercise or eat healthy food, they are confused. If you exercise and eat well and still have sleep problems, have a drink and take a Benadryl. Or a little marijuana and an old black and white crime movie on Netflix.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope. But if i'm having trouble sleeping for some odd reason, i'll smoke a bowl, jack off, and i'm asleep in 15 minutes

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

i got xanax for long plane flights, stress, etc and i started with .5 like 2 years ago and can eat 6 ** and go play soccer at this point. I'm currently in the process of weening myself off of it. It's a shame your tolerance to this drug goes up so fast. I'd love to stay on it, but i can see where this is going and decided to quit

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

All the Unisom type stuff doesn't work for me and my liver is probably beat up enough as it is. Two Benadryl and a Melatonin does the trick fast.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

A board of degens, and everyone scared of a goddamn sleeping pill.

You people trip me out.

TT, I am just going to assume everything you post is bullshit made up nonsense to make people think you are a fukkin moron. I can't believe anyone actually thinks like that. Scares the crap outta me, the type of fear that keeps me up at night.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    A board of degens, and everyone scared of a goddamn sleeping pill.

You people trip me out.
    You can scam your way out of a loss. You can't scam your way out of kidney failure.

ChalkyDog

You can scam your way out of a loss. You can't scam your way out of kidney failure.
    Been taking drugs since my early teens, pot before that. Just got my blood work back from my yearly physical - doc said my kidney and liver is functioning at peak performance. Since I go to one of those trash, ghetto doctors, where most people there are on some sort of social welfare medical insurance, he made a point to note that it is good to see a healthy liver - because he is used to drunken mexican rot

Know your body, feed your head.

PickWinnerAllDay

Been taking drugs since my early teens, pot before that. Just got my blood work back from my yearly physical - doc said my kidney and liver is functioning at peak performance. Since I go to one of those trash, ghetto doctors, where most people there are on some sort of social welfare medical insurance, he made a point to note that it is good to see a healthy liver - because he is used to drunken mexican rot

Know your body, feed your head.
    I try to limit my drug use (medical or recreational) because my mom is actually a doctor who specializes in treating kidney failure. She has lied to me I'm sure over the years, she used to lecture me for taking advil. Still, if you don't need it, don't take it.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Usually wake up 2-3 times middle of the night to pee and it feels like its breaking up sleep and its not the same sleep I used to get. Even with 8 hours I'm still tired by 4-5 pm. I used to take nyquil from time to time back in the day if I felt like I was back in sleep and needed a good 10-11 hours but I don't do that anymore. My old man used to take Lunesta a few years back. He had to stop cuz he was getting addicted to it. He would be up 2-3 in the morning and wouldn't be able to sleep unless he took the pill. It wasn't everyday though he would only take it 2-3 times a week. Nonetheless booze is the best. A beer after a hard day's work while watching tv is more than enough.

ChalkyDog

I try to limit my drug use (medical or recreational) because my mom is actually a doctor who specializes in treating kidney failure. She has lied to me I'm sure over the years, she used to lecture me for taking advil. Still, if you don't need it, don't take it.
    I am pretty hardcore about that kinda shit too. Why I do whatever I can to take that aspirin/acetaminophen out of anything I can. Instead of downing tylenol PM, down a few benodryl instead, much healthier. Instead of asking for the regular Percs, ask for the ones without the acetaminophen in them. Been doing it my whole life.

That said, I have put so many damn toxins in my body, on a daily basis for so many years - I should be on way way to an early kidney/liver failure death. Every year I do blood work, same shit. Everything looks great, need to get my blood pressure down, that is it. Always tell them to pay special attention to my kidney and liver, and everytime they come out with a full bill of healthy. Obviously a biopsy will give them a true result, but I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

Live close enough to mexico where I can find a kidney if I needed one that badly. Fukkin prostitutes.

PickWinnerAllDay

I am pretty hardcore about that kinda shit too. Why I do whatever I can to take that aspirin/acetaminophen out of anything I can. Instead of downing tylenol PM, down a few benodryl instead, much healthier. Instead of asking for the regular Percs, ask for the ones without the acetaminophen in them. Been doing it my whole life.

That said, I have put so many damn toxins in my body, on a daily basis for so many years - I should be on way way to an early kidney/liver failure death. Every year I do blood work, same shit. Everything looks great, need to get my blood pressure down, that is it. Always tell them to pay special attention to my kidney and liver, and everytime they come out with a full bill of healthy. Obviously a biopsy will give them a true result, but I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

Live close enough to mexico where I can find a kidney if I needed one that badly. Fukkin prostitutes.
    My ex made me watch a movie about this rich white family who paid some guy for a transplant for their dying daughter, went down to Mexico, hit a little kid with a truck and took the heart from him. The father didn't know if he could live with himself and said to stop it.

She asked me at the end of the movie if I would have saved my daughter and I said hell fukkin yeah and she said good! haha.

I thought you were near Chicago.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Anyone who has or does work off shifts [ swing or grave ] will be exposed to sleep aids of some kind. Quality sleep can become the most needed bodily function after awhile. I spent more than five working years on some nasty shifts - 3am to 11am being the worst. All of the things mentioned in this thread will work to some extent. The trick is to use, not abuse these substances. All things in moderation.
    Plain old exercise is a great sleep aid. I've worked my body to exhaustion more the once with the goal of solid sleep as the reward.
    Last edited by thezbar; 06-27-12 at 05:31 AM.

ChalkyDog

My ex made me watch a movie about this rich white family who paid some guy for a transplant for their dying daughter, went down to Mexico, hit a little kid with a truck and took the heart from him. The father didn't know if he could live with himself and said to stop it.

She asked me at the end of the movie if I would have saved my daughter and I said hell fukkin yeah and she said good! haha.

I thought you were near Chicago.
    Grew up in the burbs. Currently working in Rich People Law out in PHX.

Organ harvesting is no joke. If it makes you feel any better, the white folk aren't usually harvested. Too many care about the whiteys.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

yes, have had most. went through terrible insomnia due to warped sleeping patterns caused by work while back, used to take ambien like they were skittles.

no where near as bad as I once was, weed is probably the best remedy when the brain won't shut off

First 12