thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I just got rear ended

I'm stopped in the left hand lane under the freeway waiting for the signal to turn green. I reached for a sip of coffee then bam. I get a coffee bath. A woman in a van twice the size of my car just rear ended me. This is not what I need at the moment.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

not surprised, women are the worst drivers. shouldn't even be allowed to drive.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    Especially since the invention of cell phones. I asked her what happened? She doesn't speak English. Just lifted her shoulders. Two children with her. I think she was texting. There's no physical injuries thank goodness. I got insurance info. Loya insurance? Never heard of it. Body damage to my bumper, back panel, light beam dislodged.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post

God I hate to agree with you because I hate to stereotype and generalize but I think you are correct. Not only are they bad drivers but they are much more rude than guys. I have never blocked an intersection and almost every time it happens to me it is a woman. They just don't get it. And you can stare a hole in their ear and they will not budge, never a shrug of a shoulder or an I'm sorry look. I thought the female was supposed to be the more sensitive sex. Good thing they generally drive slower than guys or they would be a complete disaster.

jpb383
    jpb383's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

I hope you proceeded to rear end her.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a strange twist. My car seems to run fine. Its a stick and I was in neutral when the assault pushed me forward. That was a break. We stopped at the freeway onramp to exchange info. As I drive away the van follows me. There is a logo for a party rental business on the side of the van with business telephone numbers. I get off the freeway, make a right then and left. There right behind me. So I pulled onto a main street and the van pulls aside me and a pre teen girl riding shotgun asked me to pull over.
    As her mother doesn't speak English this young girl says to me. "My mother wants knows to know if we can go to get this fixed right now. She doesn't want to involve the insurance company". WTF? On my way to get an estimate as I agreed to call them once I know the cost of the damage. I want to be fair but I starting to get concerned now. Something isn't adding up.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

With technology now, immediately getting in a accident take a picture of damage, other drivers face, their car etc, and call police if not your fault

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    With technology now, immediately getting in a accident take a picture of damage, other drivers face, their car etc, and call police if not your fault
    I wish you were riding shotgun when this happened. My regular mechanic estimates the damage at 2000. I'm at a body shop getting a written estimate. This has turned into a very stressful day.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    I wish you were riding shotgun when this happened. My regular mechanic estimates the damage at 2000. I'm at a body shop getting a written estimate. This has turned into a very stressful day.
    Tell her if she gives you $750 and lets you *** inside her, you will make the whole incident go away. (That's what'd I do)

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

thread title gave me false hope

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

everyone is a fuckin idiot on the roads...the phones are the worst and not even when texting...idiots weave all over and then today im getting over from on ramp and stupid kid merges into same lane and almost nails me in the side...then look over and he just keeps staring ahead...wanted to kick his ass

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

First estimate was $1600.00.Four day repair. I will receive the second estimate via e/mail tomorrow. I don't see them forking over that amount of money. I may have to file a claim against their insurance company. The address listed on the insurance card is not in the best of area's.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Was this in Houston? I've heard of that insurance.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    Not Houston. This occurred in Southern California. I called the number for Loya insurance and got someone. However they won't give me any information without filing a claim. I've also contacted my insurance company Farmers. I have a clean driving record and have never filed a claim once. This may have to be the first.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Unless the lady comes up with the cash soon, you have to file the claim. Maybe she know someone that will fix it for less, then it's up to you to decide if you want to take her to her place.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did this happened to happen near the 215 freeway?

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    Did this happened to happen near the 215 freeway?
    You see it?

aortega521
    aortega521's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Especially since the invention of cell phones. I asked her what happened? She doesn't speak English. Just lifted her shoulders. Two children with her. I think she was texting. There's no physical injuries thank goodness. I got insurance info. Loya insurance? Never heard of it. Body damage to my bumper, back panel, light beam dislodged.
    TheZBar, Loya insurance is Fred Loya Insurace based out of El Paso Texas where I live man, except they also sell insurance in California as well, just get on them and they'll fork up the money. Tell them itll cost them more in litigation fees as they'll have to pay court costs, their attorney fee, your attorney fee, AND damages. (I work for a law office) good luck man, insurance companies are the scum of the earth. The way you know theyre lying is when their mouth is moving. Don't give in.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

I received various counsel from people of various backgrounds and status the night of the incident. It ranged from its good to help her out and see what you can arrange to you're a fool man if that was me I've be on my cell phone to the CHP and complaining of neck pain seconds after I was hit. After a restless night I attempted to offer an olive branch. I called the owner of the van and was willing to drive my car to get an estimate from their body shop. Six rings, no answer, no voice mail. I tried two more times still no response. My hand was forced. I called Loya and filed a claim. I tried to be a nice guy, but as my father told me many times ** you know the old saying** . Sure enough 20 minutes after I finished with Loya the other party called and a female hispanic voice was racing on about something I couldn't understand. At the point I felt filing the claim was the best move. Thanks for the post 521!

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
    Thought Loya was Houston specific as well, I guess not.