peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

so who here has gone through serious alcohol withdrawal??

I know I'm not a major poster here or anything, but tomorrow is going to be hell for me. I've experienced the shaking and the anxiety, but tomorrow is going to be different. I'd go to a hospital if I could afford it. Seizures, DTs, sweating the whole works. This will be this worst for me, yet.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should go to the hospital I'm not kidding! I think alcohol is the only drug I think you can die from withdrawals. No kidding google it. Best of luck

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lived with it my whole childhood. You can get through it, it is intense, and serious.

I have had other withdrawls, and as far as I can tell, the alcohol one is far more physically intense.

Good luck, man. Keep a beer near.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

A few times, how much do you drink and for how long? Anyway you can get a hold of some Benzodiazepines?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

tato is right, you need to be in the care of a physician. God bless.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

ty i wish i could have more to say. i wish i had any sort of sleeping pills. sorry for my pathetic sounding posts im just going to try to endure this shit. i have half a beer next to my bed to help me if shit gets bad

Bazz27
    Bazz27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2896

You can stop if u want it bad enough n your fair dinkum, basically do u want to stay alive. your up against it as theres only a 1% success rate i staying dry long term. get to AA mate n listen to others n share your own story. each day dry is a win to u. i was the worst drunk in my town but now sober 17 yrs. mine u i luv to gamble but but dont we all @SBR. dare to be different man.. it only can be your call to live or die man - choose to live a wonderful new way !!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Good luck man, you don't have to worry about DT's or seizures, it happens to a low percentage who drink hard liquor for 10+ years. The anxiety sucks but it'll pass, try to keep your mind off of it. Easier said than done but the worst of it will pass before you know it.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

good luck.. i'm gonna do the same thing soon.. i drink hard alcohol daily, but somehow function fine for work.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

ty all for the support. im going to try my best to sleep right now. ty again bol much love

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Peacer its a disease

Peacer you're trapped

Peacer good luck

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I've had head sweats in bed, and dt's when I was younger...Now I drink about once a week pretty heavy...

My problem nowadays sometimes is I seem to have trouble breathing the next day after drinking...This doesn't happen all the time though...I would call it rare...It last happened like a month and a half ago....It felt like my heart was skipping beats....After it happening for hours it started bugging me....Then my gf said "why dont you do a shot?"

So I did a shot of Krupnik, and I felt better...Didnt make it all go away so I did another shot, and WALLA - everything was good

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

September last year when i was in vegas i went through a serious alcoholic withdraw/alcohol posing/1 week hangover. I dont drink often but when i do i drink a lot. We drank heavily for 3 days str8 and on the last day in vegas i drank a whole big bottle of cazadores in under 2 hours. The next day i woke up still drunk as shit, didnt have a all out hangover but i couldn't rehydrate myself for like a week. Id feel fine and then get up to do anything and get a instant hangover feeling. I couldn't eat, if i did i instantly got really bad stomach pains and the shits. Would get shakes and feel like passing out a couple times a day. thought about going to the hospital many times but didnt. Since then i haven't had a very heavy drinking session since...

My case isnt the most common type of alcoholics withdraw but if you consume enough over a short period of time you body will withdraw regardless of oyur drinking history

But if its bad enough for you to think to go to the hospital, you probably should.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I know is major organs can shut down suddenly

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

vitamin B helps, they give vitamin b shots to alcoholics withdrawing in rehab.

Good Luck

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Eat lot's of sugar and pray..

Get your ass over to AA toNight, you can get through this