Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

on this date in 1977

Star Wars came out

I really don't remember seeing it in the theatre as I was 3 years old LOL

Anyone have any memories of this ground breaking film from back then?

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Brock I am a year younger than you and ofcourse don't remember it coming out, but watching it once it was released to VHS was a differnt story. I remember being babysat by a relative that loved the movie, and it seemed that every freaking day we'd watch the movie.... sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Yeah I recall it .... If you figure in inflation it ranks 3rd all-time in gross earnings...

Lucas was genius ... He flooded this film with masonic symbology. He drew from elements of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Greek mythology in making the films.

Astute Bible thumpers may recognize some Bible words in Star Wars. Endor was the home of the medium Saul consulted in I Samuel 28:7. Yoda is nearly identical to the Hebrew word “yada” (pronounced “yawdah”) meaning “to know.” Anakin is close to Anakim, a group of Canaanites descended from Anak (Numbers 13:33; Deuteronomy 1:28; 2:10).

IMO, Star Wars helped usher in the current "ancient astronaut" craze.

There were some good films in the 70's ...

75- Jaws
    76- Rocky
    77- Star Wars
    78- Grease

One of my favs was 1982- Porky's, when Kim Cattrall of sex in the city, sniffed those jock straps and then needed a good screwing ...