greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Sports Betting Literature

Even a link to a previous thread would suffice, but looking to get a hold of a hard copy sports betting book. Always wondered what advice I could pick up in one. There's a huge Barnes and Nobles by my place, good chance I'll find it there.

Opinions on which ones are the best.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharp sports betting
    weighing the odds in sports betting
    conquering risk

Those are probably most recommended for theory + can't go amiss with archives and ganchrow

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

As a caveat, best book that goes into bankroll management as well. My weakest area is managing my $.

mrmarket
    Update your status

for non theory
    the odds by chad millman
    the smart money by konik
    lay the favorite
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

mrmarket
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    As a caveat, best book that goes into bankroll management as well. My weakest area is managing my $.
    well most gamblers overestimate the worth of BRM. they assume that by managing money using a system they can somehow magically turn a series of negative bets into something positive. if you're rec bet 1% of your br and if you have an edge look up kelly and bet some derivation of that

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

That's a coincidence. Just this morning I bought the kindle version of "Weighing the Odds in Sports Betting". I haven't looked at it yet but it's good to know that someone here is giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

Check out the Gamblers book Club from Las Vegas i think they are still around i have not been there since they moved from 11th street near Charleston most Pidgeons i have ever seen.Have no clue where they are now.I think they have a WEB SITE You can check out to order books.May go there now to see where they are going back to Vegas Aug 12.