chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

republicans

Why is it that in the last 2 elections the republicans have ran shit! mccain was an outcast to his party until last years election. Now we have romney. lmfao! Gordon gecko is going to take us to the promise land? I would vote for ron paul if he got the nomination.I don't appreciate obama trying to take away my 2nd admendment rights. Def. don't like that bill he passed on dec 31st.
    What the hell is the right doing?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

It will take some time for the right to recover from this guy. But then again Obama is helping to reenergize the base. Time will tell.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I agree and I disagree. McCain certainly wasn't the guy that got the Republican base fired up, but he was the most qualified leader I've had a chance to vote for in my lifetime. The problem was he was against a rock star, and entertainment value trumps leadership and competence in politics.

Now we have Romney, who is the least inspiring candidate since Michael Dukakis. I don't know where he stands on anything, and I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Even with the economy in the crapper and a generation crippling deficit, Romney can't move the needle enough.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

plus how is gordon gecko going to create jobs.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    plus how is gordon gecko going to create jobs.
    Wow, is all I can come up with.

First, the president of the United States cannot create jobs. neither can any politician for that matter. all the government can do is create an atmosphere that is either hostile or conducive to job creation.

Second, are you questioning the ability of a self-made millionaire that turned around a failing company before launching his own private equity firm?

Third, just vote for obama like you did in '08 and stop making thinly veiled threads

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    Now we have Romney, who is the least inspiring candidate since Michael Dukakis. I don't know where he stands on anything, and I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Even with the economy in the crapper and a generation crippling deficit, Romney can't move the needle enough.
    i think this post is fairly accurate in reflected the lack of knowledge and vision people have right now, as if the main stream doesn't report it, it isn't true. romney out polled obama 8 consecutive days now. at best this election is a pick 'em. just because the media isn't reporting on obama talking to half empty venues, doesn't mean it isn't happening. the enthusiasm isn't there for either candidate, which spells doom for barry. just because the main stream is telling you the tea party is dead, doesn't make it so. ask luger how he feels about the health of the tae party.

and how much trouble and how desperate do think these democrats are if the best they could come up with was a hair cut from 47 years ago? this election is setting up to be a blowout.