dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

DJs Debates: SHAVING

99% of the members here are male, most of whom probably shave their face close to everyday or at least every other day.

I wanna get everyone's opinion on how to get the best shave.

I have a Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power razor and I use the respective razors that go with it (5 blades, trimmer, etc.) but I've read that using an old school safety razor is the best way to go... Anyone use one? Is it hard?

For shaving cream, I use the Shick Hydro stuff but a lot of 'connoisseurs' say that anything comes from an aerosol can is garbage and that real shaving cream comes in a tube or whatever... is this true? Is the good stuff really worth it?

It is at least true that the aerosol stuff smells cheap.

Badger hair shaving brush? I think my fingers do an alright job... Am I wrong? Where can you even get one of these?

Obviously everyone uses hot water right? Cold water is no good... Do you shave with the hair or against?

I want to know gentleman so let's hear it, what's your tips or techniques that sets you apart from the rest of these degens because to be honest, I hate shaving. But some people love it, I wanna know why.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hate shaving. Use EDGE gel or Barbasol. Use same razor as you. Shave with the hair first, go back against 2nd. Always have to use the trimmer after the weekend to get it short enough to use a razor.

Fukk shaving. I have thought about getting my facial hair laser removed in the shape of my beard every Monday.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Hate shaving. Use EDGE gel or Barbasol. Use same razor as you. Shave with the hair first, go back against 2nd. Always have to use the trimmer after the weekend to get it short enough to use a razor.

Fukk shaving. I have thought about getting my facial hair laser removed in the shape of my beard every Monday.
    You keep a beard then?

I didn't mind just shaving my neck and keeping it trimmed... but my summer employment doesn't allow any. ******* hate it... my skin gets bumpy and when I sweat, it looks gross.

Boss says facial hair is intimidating? He obviously hasn't seen the degens of SBRforum.com

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dont shave have had a beard for a year get it trimmed when my hair gets cut

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I have a neatly trimmed beard, but can only use the old school Gilette Mach III's, no turbo, no nothing or I get ingrowns.

Also essential pre-shave when I'm not bearded:

And post shave:
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-10-15 at 03:15 PM.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukkin hate shaving. Shirt and tie gig demands a clean face. Gonna retire in a year or two and will look like Dusty Rhodes a month later.

Fuk old school society for enforcing a clean face policy if you are in a position of authority.

Fuk society period for that matter.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

ChalkyDog

I have to wear a suit and tie to work at least twice a week. I still rock a full beard/chin strap/goatee depending on the day.

Works that demand a clean face are full of shit. I actually turned down a job offer my first year out of school because they demanded that. Working for some faggoty judge. (Turned it down for other reasons too, but that was towards the top).

I look like a full retard without my beard. I'd rather be "intimidating" than walking around looking like some fukk face.

Whoever says facial hair is "intimidating" is a bona fide queer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: billysink

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3396

When I was doing real well and not working much I was going to get all into the straight razor, badger hair shaving thing, but wasn't to be. I loved my pro glide at first but went back to the Mach III.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

90% of the 99% you mentioned aren't old enough to grow facial hair

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Fuzzy, stop being such a pussy metrosexual pal....We already are suffering a severe deterioration of testosterone in this place, no need to add to the problem...Makes me fukkin sikk..

DJD, having been shaving for 15 years now and having used most products out there i still always go back to the gillette excel twin blade.

Reliably does the job on my coarse hair, doesnt look too busy like those 5 blade jobbies (that do exactly the same job imo) and somehow always seem to scream 'wanker' about the person using it. Again, my opinion...

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Just-a-Cut beard trim with a 0 5 bucks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Rough look is in

Electric Razors actually are not bad..I went back to one and it works fine

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

So many posts worthy of nomination in here!

I shave begrudgingly most days for work. Looking forward to quitting work so I can grow a beard like Zach Galifianakis and not get dressed for the day.

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Fuzzy, stop being such a pussy metrosexual pal....We already are suffering a severe deterioration of testosterone in this place, no need to add to the problem...Makes me fukkin sikk..
    I have to be, I spend 80% of my week with lawyers, cops, politicians etc...My girlfriend used to get me the super metro shit, ******* oil from that koala tree in little vials. Those two things I use cost like $10 combined at the drug store.

Once again though, I digress to the AoM for official word.

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04...-your-grandpa/

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

DJ....this is a very important topic, of which I have a lot to say. I don't feel like typing it all, so I'm going to make you a video tonite. I expect you to watch, and learn.

I'll be back soon.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

My question is how long/how many shaves should a razor cartridge last? I don't want to throw one away too soon, but I don't want to use one too much either. Anyone have a good idea?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I use one of those 3-headed electric razors about every other day. If I have something important to go to I'll follow that up with a Mach III to get all smoove. If I just used a Mach III and no electric razor I'd go through razors at a ridiculous pace, and them bastards are expensive.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    My question is how long/how many shaves should a razor cartridge last? I don't want to throw one away too soon, but I don't want to use one too much either. Anyone have a good idea?
    When the little blue gel thing on the gillette razor turns from blue to green and then to white. At white throw it the fukk out. Other ones, no idea.

Say about 2-3 weeks shaving every other day.

Lawyers don't give a shit if you are clean cut. Cops care, maybe, because they are hating and are simply jealous. Who gives a shit about politicians.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    When the little blue gel thing on the gillette razor turns from blue to green and then to white. At white throw it the fukk out. Other ones, no idea.

Say about 2-3 weeks shaving every other day.

Lawyers don't give a shit if you are clean cut. Cops care, maybe, because they are hating and are simply jealous. Who gives a shit about politicians.
    Who gives a shit about any of them

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

I wanna upgrade... however that is. I want the Rolls Royce shave.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Here's your answer, pal.....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

billysink

3 Japanese geishas rub their pussy on your face and a fourth scrapes it 3 ways with a samurai sword. A fifth geisha rubs her pussy all over your mug to sooth your skin.

A bit pricey DJ but those government parlay cards will pay for it sooner or later.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

shaving totally sux. do not shave much. trim my awesome beard regularly.

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3396

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I read a tip one time and thought it was stupid but started doing it and it seems to work. Simply dry your blade off with a towel after you use it. I'm getting many more shaves out of my blades this way. it sounds stupid but seems to work.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dalamar View Post
    I read a tip one time and thought it was stupid but started doing it and it seems to work. Simply dry your blade off with a towel after you use it. I'm getting many more shaves out of my blades this way. it sounds stupid but seems to work.

I can normally get close to a month's worth, but I only shave about two times a week because I don't care about having a thin, scraggly beard for a couple days. I'm just a process server, so it really doesn't matter how I look when I'm working as long as I stay out of trouble.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Anyone tried these?

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only have to shave like twice a week.....keep it pretty much clean all year round

Dont have any issues at all with my face/skin and I use the Schick hydro and matching shaving cream......shave in the shower and don't need any aftershave

Smooth Like a baby's bottom

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

In the winter I use a beard trimmer with no guard, the shave is close enough from that. In the summer I use a mach 3. Shave in the shower with gillette shave gel.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

after shaving wash blade and dry it with hair dryer the blade will last a year, also went on a cruise and they showed you the proper way to shave , most of it was shaving sidewards.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

opie...u might be gay

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    opie...u might be gay

I'd give a dude a belly noggle for that bathroom.

ChalkyDog

To tell you the truth, when I opened this thread for the first time, I had hoped for a story about point shaving.

Turns out, 90% of PT is bearded.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

check my avatar beard is 2x loinger. go svbr

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Opie is the father my father always wanted to be...

opie1988

Opie is the father my father always wanted to be...

Thank you, son.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011