dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

How can you forget about your child in a car?

I just seen a news report once again about a infant dying in a hot car as the father "forgot" about the child all day. How f'n dumb do you have to be to forget about taking your baby out of the car. I mean I know people get tied up with being on the cell phone, or something distracting them, but um hello McFly !!!!!! Anyone that has had a infant knows that it seems to cry or needs a diaper change just about every hour. I just don't understand it at all, and come to think of it, the report noted that the wife was home too all day. So how can two adults forget about their pride and joy? Un-freaking-real !!!!!!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Blacks have 20 prides and joy each, its a miracle if they even remember their names

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always see people with kids flustered and forgetting everything.

Ryanloop
    Ryanloop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

All of you are obviously distracted by things other than what you SHOULD be thinking about and cannot avoid the fact that this is just poor parenting. I bet that it was some other technological device that was distracting the parents. Putting ANOTHER device in the car to take the place of good parenting is not the answer. Something on television, mobile or some other item in their life that was more important than the child. Because when it comes right down to it, what kind of parent does not check on their 7 month old child IN 13 HOURS? Yes I am yelling. I bet also that the people stating in comments that 'yeah, sure, I can see this happening' are thinking that it could happen to them because THEY are too involved in their electronics or what else is going on in their life and cannot devote sufficient attention to what really matters. And this article did a disservice to all other parents by excusing murder by claiming sleep deprivation is reason enough for neglect.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Story makes me feel bad, this and the family that refused to tip happened in the Houston area. It's one of the reasons why I hate the south in general and will be leaving this shit hole of a city when the times presents itself. No offense to the few posters who live here also.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Story makes me feel bad, this and the family that refused to tip happened in the Houston area. It's one of the reasons why I hate the south in general and will be leaving this shit hole of a city when the times presents itself. No offense to the few posters who live here also.
    so you're saying this only happens in the south

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

No coincidence why the more south you go, the stupider the people.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

The incident did happen in Houston, as I am a local here. Every freaking spring & summer we have some dumb parent(s) that leave their child/infant in a car. As sad of a story this is, I believe the parents were not going to be charged with anything.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Oh sh!t, I forgot something in the car. Be right back...

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

It's not as easy as bad parenting.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2009030602446

Won the Pulitzer Prize for examining these terrible mistakes.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

we get a racial profile on the parent yet?

blackbeSSt

Last edited by blackbeSSt; 05-04-12 at 06:31 PM.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post

No coincidence why the more south you go, the stupider the people.
    Gonna need more then a tri-colored map to back that statement up.

For all I know the 'top ten states' could be the top ten dumbest states.