dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Younger guys/or older guys-finally getting a smart phone a little help please

pay a measly $50 a month now for unlimited calls and texts, I know that is cheap. Thinking about getting a smart phone probably Apple with siri. I need some help, is this the way to go? I am thinking monthly bill will be about 100, is that correct?

What should I look for and be concerned with, what carrier is best in your opinion. Any suggestions appreciated.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Go with Straight Talk, 45 month unlimited

http://www.straighttalk.com/phones

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Go with Straight Talk, 45 month unlimited

http://www.straighttalk.com/phones

LOL, that is what I have now. $49 total, however I really would like the benefit of a smart phone for ease of texting and other apps that seem interesting.

But thank you sir for the reply.

I thought a bunch of people that have these smart phones would have an opinion.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    LOL, that is what I have now. $49 total, however I really would like the benefit of a smart phone for ease of texting and other apps that seem interesting.

But thank you sir for the reply.

I thought a bunch of people that have these smart phones would have an opinion.
    Well sir,

I am running the Iphone 3gs with the straight talk card. Straight talk is selling the SIMS now as a stand alone. You would need a 4gs that runs GSM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Well sir,

I am running the Iphone 3gs with the straight talk card. Straight talk is selling the SIMS now as a stand alone. You would need a 4gs that runs GSM.

See, I didn't know that. Thank you

Extra Innings

See, I didn't know that. Thank you
    You went with ST for a reason, to save money and not be held hostage by a contract.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Well that is interesting, so does this mean I get the benefits of the apple phone and still pay only the 49 a month. Just need to purchase SIMS?

Extra Innings

Well that is interesting, so does this mean I get the benefits of the apple phone and still pay only the 49 a month. Just need to purchase SIMS?
    That and the phone which will be costly for the latest model

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

my gf and I just got our first smart phones...we went with verizon...think our plan is something like $190 mo...4g data, 1000 texts/mo. each phone, and 1500 minutes talk time - not sure if thats each phone or beteween us lol

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    my gf and I just got our first smart phones...we went with verizon...think our plan is something like $190 mo...4g data, 1000 texts/mo. each phone, and 1500 minutes talk time - not sure if thats each phone or beteween us lol

I hope that is 190 for both. When you say smart phone what one do you mean? And do you like it?

Thanks guys found out some things I didn't know.