Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I'd shake my dick at her that is for sure.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a boring waste of time article... make it out like she stole 5 million dollars from the fukking Vatican

gimme a break

all she has to do is suck a diick and she's got cash. why would a woman scam any other way?

their atm's are in their vaginas and their mouths.

no imagination needed. just open up and suck = shopping spree.

why women make shit hard on themselves I have no idea

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

YES. EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD. x

uva3021
    uva3021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

lol at espn hiring someone from covers message boards, might as well make jjgold president of espn

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

No word of a lie, Covers offered me an identical position to SJP. A featured blog with a chance of promotion if well-received. Obviously SJP did better than I ever would have... She had a great product and better marketing.

Too bad she blew it like a faggit...

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by uva3021 View Post
    lol at espn hiring someone from covers message boards, might as well make jjgold president of espn

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let me some it up real fast

The lady was a compulsive gambler

end of story

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let me some it up real fast

The lady was a compulsive gambler

end of story
    dude, not even close. I'd be willing to lay money that the girl in the video has never placed a bet in her life.

There's a lot more to this story than just some dude pretending to be a woman on Covers and ESPN. It's starting to look like this was the idea of two kids - one in Melb and one in Buffalo - who call themselves "Social Media Experts" and run those massive Twitter parody accounts.

jjgold

I am not a dude....
    Huh??????

Shari only weeders talk like that..do you smoke pot and hang with guys with long hair????????????

Huh?????????????? Watch my poster of the month video and see what style is

I am no "Dude"

She was a gambler

shari91

I am not a dude....
    Huh??????

Shari only weeders talk like that..do you smoke pot and hang with guys with long hair????????????

Huh?????????????? Watch my poster of the month video and see what style is

I am no "Dude"

She was a gambler

Have you read any of the articles other than the main Deadspin one? Did you even read that?

The guy who actually pieced this altogether - and then Deadspin took credit for it - has posted a lot of info on his Twitter @radiofreeblake

She did not gamble. She was a front.

shari91

Here's a good one for you Oh Wise JJ.

How many gamblers do you know would place a bet at the Mirage saying these words: "I'd like to place a wager on the Boston Celtics against the spread to win $1000"? That's what 'she' claimed to have said. That's a gambler?

jjgold

Shari your all caught up in this
    It's over she was fired
    I have no time to read any articles, I post opinions off "feel"

shari91

Shari your all caught up in this
    It's over she was fired
    It took 20 minutes to read all of the info - not really War and Peace stuff here. Posters were banned or infracted at Covers last year when they were calling this 'chick' out so they'd head to SBR and some were convinced I was 'her'. So it's interesting to me how they were right about this person all along. I find it even more fascinating how these scammers managed to get an ESPN gig out of the whole thing.

jjgold

Bizarre

Shari you should be working for sportsbet as a spokesmodel

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

JJ, can you imagine if you worked for ESPN? And the video of you chasing Bread got leaked??

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    This. Article is too long
    Yes. I couldn't finish it either. Could be summed up in one paragraph. Sarah Phillips is fake and duped covers and espn.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It took 20 minutes to read all of the info - not really War and Peace stuff here. Posters were banned or infracted at Covers last year when they were calling this 'chick' out so they'd head to SBR and some were convinced I was 'her'. So it's interesting to me how they were right about this person all along. I find it even more fascinating how these scammers managed to get an ESPN gig out of the whole thing.
    Goes even further, turns out it's some guy in Australia or something to that extent ...

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-...tterverse.html
    Last edited by SlickRick1382; 05-02-12 at 07:27 AM.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Goes even further, turns out it's some guy in Australia or something to that extent ...

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-...tterverse.html
    Yeah I saw that. Him and a kid in Buffalo (that kyle guy). And then you throw in this Indian dude in Oregon and these other girls who were having their pics splashed (probably jacked from their fb accounts) as Sarah. That Buffalo guy looks about 15 and the other one said they make money through affiliate advertising with those Twitter parody accounts but I'm still not quite sure how that works. Is he referring to other people paying them to promote their sites and products on Twitter? The whole thing is just so convoluted and twisted. My mind was blown last week when I found out you can actually buy Twitter followers. This whole parody thing is even crazier.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Is he referring to other people paying him to promote their sites and products? The whole thing is just so convoluted and twisted.
    I believe so. I'm under the assumption that they use the massive following they have to upstart and get someone else a ton of followers / traffic by trying to link their people over. I'm sure they charge a fee for this ...

Who knew you could make money from fake twitter accounts?

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I LOL'd

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    I believe so. I'm under the assumption that they use the massive following they have to upstart and get someone else a ton of followers / traffic by trying to link their people over. I'm sure they charge a fee for this ...

Who knew you could make money from fake twitter accounts?
    So instead of buying bots like I read about last week, people pay these guys to provide them with followers. Bloody hell! I get requests from people to follow me all the time and I always ignore them if I don't know who they are. I'm thinking I should just start accepting everyone. Maybe some day I can make a buck

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I came over from Covers and you were obviously legit from day one. That fraud SJP was an obvious front for something and Covers knew about it all along. A lot of things over there were not above board including some of the book endorsements/arrangements.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

One thing I have learned today - JJ is not very bright.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

What is wrong with espn that they would hire a supposed girl columnist who had been writing a few months of pretty poorly written articles without some background checks or at least an interview.Was the Espn recruiter just reading covers and going on her knowledge of gambling and decided to hire her to freelance? She didnt even write about gambling when she started writing for ESPN playbook (page 2).

Seems like deadspin is updating the article.http://deadspin.com/5906849/sarah-ph...h-who-to-trust

This is the funniest post in the whole article. The guy with the nba memes site gives this girl a pick for the over in the st louis cardinals/brewers game. The game goes under so she sends him the invoice for her lost wager and threatens to send the cops to get the money. Here is the gchat conversation deadspin had a link to

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    One thing I have learned today - JJ is not very bright.
    All part of the persona. Human trainwreck. Believe it are not that is appealing to the minions of human trainwrecks that make this site what it is.

Well concocted and well played out. One of the most successful paid writers of all time. All Slats/Webber/Corbin ever had to do was be dumb enough, vulnerable enough and as off the wall as he is. To that end others find a common bond or comfort level which would tie them to the brand. The SBR nation, its lingo, and the players talk forum are all site creations that are the Gold brand.

Everyone loves a good trainwreck. Dumber than dirt but smart as a fox.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

ESPN Fires Sports Gambling Columnist Because She Concealed Her Real Identity

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Could this be Shari's MO as well? Several here will be crushed if so.

http://deadspin.com/5906658?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

Former poster at Covers? Big sports bettor?

It all sounds too familiar.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

basically this indian was using this girl who he mets identity (SJP, under her will) on covers. since thats a bs site anyways, he wasnt using her real pictures. somehow, he managed to turn this into an espn gig (LOL) and then convinced her to start using her real pictures because espn is supposedly more legit, thats my take on it at least, she dyed her hair when they went to espn. along the way he manipulated a couple of seemingly decent guys over the internet and made a couple more bucks. anyone else agree with my take on this?

KEdge2k
    KEdge2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Absolutely insane article.

I was around Covers when "she" got her start.

And now we are all witnessing the finish.

Not only were you around Covers when she got her start, you were one of her biggest fans.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

in giants defense if he was a fan, i thought his/her articles were interesting, didnt care if they were ghosted or not. that place is a disgrace anyways, i got banned for no real reason and they allowed the same clowns to keep coming back over and over.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5906658?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

Former poster at Covers? Big sports bettor?

It all sounds too familiar.
    You might be onto something. However I used to write articles for SBR already and would get too stressed out at the thought of others betting my plays if they lost/hated how I'd almost sound like a tout so I asked to not do it any longer and have been offered the chance to be the token female gambler elsewhere - as well as a few other roles - numerous times. Trust me: Female posters (confirmed ones and I guess in SJP's case, not confirmed) who actually have a bit of a clue about books, sports and betting are so rare that anyone who wanted to make a quick buck could quite easily. Instead, I'm very content to hang around behind the scenes modding and to talk sports and gambling on SBR when I have something to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    basically this indian was using this girl who he mets identity (SJP, under her will) on covers. since thats a bs site anyways, he wasnt using her real pictures. somehow, he managed to turn this into an espn gig (LOL) and then convinced her to start using her real pictures because espn is supposedly more legit, thats my take on it at least, she dyed her hair when they went to espn. along the way he manipulated a couple of seemingly decent guys over the internet and made a couple more bucks. anyone else agree with my take on this?
    The only differences I've seen so far is that the really hot blonde has been confirmed as Ivy Smith and her pics were grabbed from some sort of "hotchickswithdouchebags.com" site and myspace. And those Twitter parody guys are somehow more involved than has been disclosed yet.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I think it's Vegas Vixen myself... we all know what happened last year without an explanation with LGO...

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Real or not, I'm getting at that cat

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

You might be onto something. However I used to write articles for SBR already and would get too stressed out at the thought of others betting my plays if they lost/hated how I'd almost sound like a tout so I asked to not do it any longer and have been offered the chance to be the token female gambler elsewhere - as well as a few other roles - numerous times. Trust me: Female posters (confirmed ones and I guess in SJP's case, not confirmed) who actually have a bit of a clue about books, sports and betting are so rare that anyone who wanted to make a quick buck could quite easily. Instead, I'm very content to hang around behind the scenes modding and to talk sports and gambling on SBR when I have something to contribute.

The only differences I've seen so far is that the really hot blonde has been confirmed as Ivy Smith and her pics were grabbed from some sort of "hotchickswithdouchebags.com" site and myspace. And those Twitter parody guys are somehow more involved than has been disclosed yet.
    spot on sherri, her initial pics were taken from hot chicks with douchebags. im guessing this started out as some sort of joke and snowballed into something much more sophisticated. the girl on espn is actually sara phillips, just not her thoughts or writing.

First 12345 ... Last