muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

2) Over 50% of florida residents have concealed carry permits so it is always very likely that they are carrying a gun.
    There are aprox 19 million residents in florida, and less than 1 million permits
    http://www.nraila.org/119213

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    There are aprox 19 million residents in florida, and less than 1 million permits
    http://www.nraila.org/119213
    Obviously I was simply pointing out that many residents in florida carry firearms which does not make them a threat or give anyone a reason to attack them simply because they choose to carry a fire arm. I never intended that as a fact but if you are that concerned we will give a more accurate number.

Of the 19 million residents that you pointed out only roughly 13 million of them are adults so roughly 1 out of every 13 adults in the state of florida are armed, also note that this figure includes women also which more men than women carry firearms. It would make sense to assume that of those 13 million adults in florida that males would be much more likely to carry firearms so we are probably looking at more along the lines of 2 out of every 10 males are likely to be armed in florida. Not too far off from the random number that I threw out there.

So with that out of the way was there any reason behind your need to google this other than to create a distraction instead of supporting your argument with facts and evidence?

muldoon

Dude. You said OVER 50%. The true number is closer to 5%.

Just admit you're making up numbers to try and make your argument.

2 out of 10 is still no where close to 50% (or OVER 50%)

So with that out of the way was there any reason behind your need to google this other than to create a distraction instead of supporting your argument with facts and evidence?
    You said

2) Over 50% of florida residents have concealed carry permits so it is always very likely that they are carrying a gun.
    Now you want to revise it down to your own estimate of 1 in 5. Does your #2 point still bear anything even close to the truth? "Very likely"?

Show me where I've made up facts or evidence. You're the one who either makes up facts, or is retardedly bad with math.
    Last edited by muldoon; 04-28-12 at 06:04 PM.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Dude. You said OVER 50%. The true number is closer to 5%.

Just admit you're making up numbers to try and make your argument.

2 out of 10 is still no where close to 50% (or OVER 50%)

You said

Now you want to revise it down to your own estimate of 1 in 5. Does your #2 point still bear anything even close to the truth? "Very likely"?

Show me where I've made up facts or evidence. You're the one who either makes up facts, or is retardedly bad with math.
    My original point still stands, many citizens in florida are armed and that does not make them a threat!!!

So what exactly does this have to do with your argument to support Trayvon?

Can you disprove any of the actual facts I have presented that are in direct relation to the case? or are you just going to cop out and try to distract away from your weak argument by changing the subject?

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I would have stabbed Zimmerman.

muldoon

So what exactly does this have to do with your argument to support Trayvon?
    Point me to where I supported Trayvon and I'll do my best to defend it.

I entered this thread by pointing out to the guy who started it, that Zimm had raised 200k and spent 50k (according to his lawyers) on "rent and stuff"

I'm pretty sure I pointed out how it was plausible that both Martin and Zimm felt threatened under the right scenario.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

im trying to be as objective as possible. i dont know all the fact so i cant make an intelligent decision, but i will say this...this case alone will change the laws in florida.

sharpcat

Ok so you over exaggerated how GZ may or may not have spent money that was donated to him and I over exaggerated on how many citizens are armed in the state of florida.

Neither of which have anything to do with whether Zimmerman committed a crime or not so we will put it to rest.

muldoon

Ok so you over exaggerated how GZ may or may not have spent money that was donated to him
    WRONG (again)

I quoted his lawyer, and linked to the LA times article to source it.

How using an EXACT QUOTE from Zimm's lawyer counts as exaggeration is lost on me.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
    I have. The injuries don't really change anything though since Trayvon could've been using the stand your ground law to his defense. Stand your ground and self defense doesn't just have to involve guns. Trayvon could've been standing his ground against the aggressor: George Zimmerman.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what happened like everybody else.

From what I've read though I think the murder 2 beef is too strong, although I don't know what evidence they have, must have somethig damning enough if they think they can get it.

Just let it play out playersonly69, instead of pretending to have all the facts.

You obviously have no idea what the stand your ground law is about in Florida.

The Florida stand your ground law applied to Zimmerman in this situation, not Martin, and states that a person may use deadly force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of a threat, WITHOUT an obligation to retreat first.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Actually florida like many states allows their citizens to carry firearms

It is not at all uncommon to see someone carrying a pistol in florida and most definitely does not give you a right to attack them.

Stand your ground law does not protect Martin in anyway unless Zimmerman either assaulted him first or made threats against Trayvon's life. Both of which can not be proven!

Keep trying to twist the scenario so that it fits your belief though, it gets more and more entertaining as more and more information comes out to watch you guys keep coming up with new plot lines.

This ^^^ except ot doesn't apply to Martin in any way under any circumstances.

It has to do with using DEADLY force, so all you bozos that are trying to apply it to Martin find a different angle.

First 123