Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i realize stock market is for suckers but what about forex market?

anyone make money doing this? discuss...

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I do. Plan on considering quitting my job after next tax season, as it will give me a better idea of where I'm at and if I'm ready.

Anyone who tells you that it's too hard to make money there has never taken the time to learn about it, has shit money management, or trades on fundamentals like a moron. It's a beatable game, moreso that just about anywhere else.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

do you strictly play the forex market? spot market, futures, options, or etf? how long have you been doing this? how much did you start with? with your experience, what advice would you give to a novice? thanks

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Forex is a lot harder brah

Ralphie Halves

Just spot forex, no need for the rest. Started with about 5G.

Here's my advice: Go to the free school at babypips.com. It's excellent, and I finished it in three days. 98% of people that show interest and ask what to do get this advice, and don't even bother finishing it, which is a shame, they were probably looking for something that was more instant-gratification. For me to give off any further advice at this point, you gotta show a base level of initiative that these fools didn't have.

While you're at it, I do recommend Oanda as a broker, especially if you're in the USA. They have a demo account that never expires, and really low spreads. Other brokers have demos, but they run out and agent are hounding you to go live throughout the whole process. Get that set up too, and get used to the MT4 trading platform. MT4 is the nuts.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

cool thanks

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
    Forex is a lot harder brah
    I'll disagree, and I'll challenge anyone to give me a good reason why.

I'm a mathematical retard, but I am really good at forex. Unlike stocks, you don't even have to stay up on news -- the charts will always tell you where to go. The only times news factor in is during certain events (GDP release, Non-Farm Payrolls, etc), and there are calenders that will not only tell you when they're happening (so you can either play the news or avoid it altogether), but if the result beat the forecast or not, causing the currency to move up or down.

There is an average of 4 trillion dollars being exchanged on the forex market daily, so no one man or small group of traders can ever move it on their own. Big banks can, and they have a pattern, and it can be learned to a degree. This is where the game is won. Takes a bit of time and effort, but a lot less than I thought.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ralphie, I've been trading for about two years in the forex market. Are you more a swing trader/day trader? What's your preference?

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by soul786 View Post
    Ralphie, I've been trading for about two years in the forex market. Are you more a swing trader/day trader? What's your preference?
    Since I'm on the road a lot, usually swing. I use 4h and daily charts above anything else now, and it's really served me well, even better than intraday trading. I might just stay with it for good.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

How is stock market for suckers

CaliSwag818
    BET BIG WIN BIG!
    CaliSwag818's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Forex > Stocks errrday

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Go to the free school at babypips.com. It's excellent, and I finished it in three days.
    holy shit, how the hell did you finish this in three days?

i think i need at least a week. but is it really necessary to just do the play money for 2 months as they suggest?

Ralphie Halves

It was slow at work, and I had three days off with no money. A week sounds about right. Take notes.

You can take as little or as long as you want. I took three weeks or so to demo trade, but I lost by entire live account before I figured it out the second time around. It's a lot of fun demo trading anyway, trying out all the different tools and things that will work best for you.

Like I said earlier, if you're looking for instant gratification, this may not be for you. By comparison however, there's nothing investment-wise out there that can get you out of the rat race quickly and still be sustainable as forex does, I'm completely convinced of that.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

just look at his fukking avatar, jesus christ...i wish i was a black man holding a martini...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    It was slow at work, and I had three days off with no money. A week sounds about right. Take notes.

You can take as little or as long as you want. I took three weeks or so to demo trade, but I lost by entire live account before I figured it out the second time around. It's a lot of fun demo trading anyway, trying out all the different tools and things that will work best for you.

Like I said earlier, if you're looking for instant gratification, this may not be for you. By comparison however, there's nothing investment-wise out there that can get you out of the rat race quickly and still be sustainable as forex does, I'm completely convinced of that.
    sounds good. i'll be asking you questions after i'm done with babypip school and demo so i'll thank you in advance for your help...

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

Ralphie you still in the penny stock game?

Wowza?

Ralphie Halves

No time for wowza unfortunately.

Too many tweets for a guy you're not using. Had to let him go.

I like forex too much. Did okay with pennies, but took too many big hits. I'd still like to revisit it sometime.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

Yeh have to agree. He would come out with like a million plays every day it seemed on Twitter. I mean, he would have his "future picks," but I don't know it was just tough to follow.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    How is stock market for suckers
    never mind, me just being ignorant. if you can find an edge in trading, anything can be profitable...

TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

sports can be profitable if you know how to do it and stay disciplined