arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

TV question

Does anyone have a smart tv or 3d tv? If so does anyone even use these two features or is it a total waste. Im looking to buy a couple nice tvs and there so many different kinds with so much shit that my heads spinning.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

depends if you need the apps or not on a smart tv

sony has a really sweet keyboard remote for their smart tvs, if you're surfing the internet with it

3d is ok but seriously makes me dizzy for an entire movie. more of a novelty at this point and hardly any broadcasts in it

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not worth it in my opinion.

Only feature I use on my TV is hooking up external hard drive, which I could do through my Blu-Ray player...Don't use any of the widgets or internet apps since I normally have my phone next to me....Haven't tried 3D and probably won't any time soon.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you go on the internet on the tv

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

I just bought a 46" "semi-smart" lcd (vizio) at costco. It has built in weather, youtube, netflix, etc. Since I watch netflix thru my tivo i dont use it on the tv. Depends what kind of other tech you have. If you're using a tablet, laptop, etc, the smart features are a waste of time.

FWIW I really liked the Samsung picture (same size), but went w/ vizio for $700 vs $800 for samsung. Ive always had Sony tv's but now they just seem overpriced...

I went back & forth to bestbuy, hhgreg & costco & ending up with the best deal at costco + a 2-yr mfg warranty vs 1-yr offered @ bst buy.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Just get a 1080p and wait for 3D TV to become more mainstream. The technology just isn't there yet so you'll be left with bulky glasses and limited television options.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVixen View Post
    I just bought a 46" "semi-smart" lcd (vizio) at costco. It has built in weather, youtube, netflix, etc. Since I watch netflix thru my tivo i dont use it on the tv. Depends what kind of other tech you have. If you're using a tablet, laptop, etc, the smart features are a waste of time.

FWIW I really liked the Samsung picture (same size), but went w/ vizio for $700 vs $800 for samsung. Ive always had Sony tv's but now they just seem overpriced...

I went back & forth to bestbuy, hhgreg & costco & ending up with the best deal at costco + a 2-yr mfg warranty vs 1-yr offered @ bst buy.
    if you use AMX (or some v.isa/**) they automatically upgrade 1 yr warranties to 3 years

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

1080i is all i need. have a buddy who has a 3D tv and it makes me dizzy watching it.