Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Is Getting Married -EV?

I know every situation is different, but let's here some pros/cons from the hitched posters....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you find the right person and are ready to start a family, absolutely not.

But you have to make the right investment. Make sure you're with someone you're ready to be with for the long haul. If you can do that, it's the most +EV thing in life.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

A buddy of mine committed suicide a few years back.. He was married for only 2 months

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

let's break down the numbers

1/2 of all marriages end in divorce
    of the 1/2 that don't end in divorce, at least 80% of the men are miserable and/or only sticking around because they made a vow or want the kids to have a family

so now we're down to (.50 x .20) or 10% chance of long-term happiness, and that's probably vastly overstating it

ask 30 men in their 50s and up if they would be happier being single and you'll get your answer
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave milwaukee mike 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear, jjgold, and dj_destroyer

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

FTR, you're going to get mostly "hell no" responses here, given where you asked the question.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Run, run like hell from the big "M" word !

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

of the 1/2 that don't end in divorce, at least 80% of the men are miserable and/or only sticking around because they made a vow or want the kids to have a family

so now we're down to (.50 x .20) or 10% chance of long-term happiness, and that's probably vastly overstating it

ask 30 men in their 50s and up if they would be happier being single and you'll get your answer
    I'm happily married and a father of three and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beefcake

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Depends on age, financial situation, compatibility, etc. etc.

If one is young (specifically the guy), lives paycheck to paycheck, has no long term mutual agreed to plan/goal, and is getting married solely because "I love her"...................I'd say in most cases that is a doomed marriage.

Marriage is no joke boys. Lots of work. Lots of give/take. Lots of selflessness is required. Not for the weak.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm happily married and a father of three and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    you're in the vast minority.

i have plenty of money and don't have to work much, but that doesn't mean that people in milwaukee have it easy these days so if i said "move to milwaukee and you'll have it made" it wouldn't be realistic.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I can't imagine getting married unless I respect and trust the woman and the only way that happens is if she makes as much or more than me. Can't respect someone who doesn't have a high paying salary or trust them because if they don't have a career they are probably pretty fukking useless.

God bless.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

YES

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

you're in the vast minority.

i have plenty of money and don't have to work much, but that doesn't mean that people in milwaukee have it easy these days so if i said "move to milwaukee and you'll have it made" it wouldn't be realistic.
    I realize I am. I'm just trying to say that it can be done -- if you're careful and selective. I wouldn't just assume otherwise because of the "odds."

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

find someone with an education

there's nothing better than being married to a high earning spouse!

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    find someone with an education

there's nothing better than being married to a high earning spouse!
    This ftw. Marry a doctor, problem solved. ++++EV

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

take it from me and im divorced twice marriage can be +ev. i wish i could get back with my 2nd ex wife she was the best thing ever for me. i thought i was ready for the full time commitment but stupid me had that one last fling left and got busted. we are great friends till this day but she will never get over the pain and hurt that i caused her. and now i dont have my lil guy with me every day so some advice to all you young guys bang everything you can while you're young and dont get married till you are ready but once you are married make that commitment and keep it because if you have kids down the road everyone suffers.

now as far as my 1st ex she could die tomm. and i couldnt care less she was-ev in every way possible she was ENTITLED to everything as she said and for the first 10 years of our divorce she bent me over in every way possible but now that i got custody of my daughter and my ex never thought that would happen she is writing me that child support check every week i dont need it but it feels good to see her get what she deserves

make your choices wisely fellas because if you choose wrong you can really be put thru hell for a long time

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I'm not growing old alone.

F ck that.

That being said, I love my GF of 4 years, so I've got a different mindset to what I once had!

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

It is one of the worst decisions you can ever make, along with having kids.

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    A buddy of mine committed suicide a few years back.. He was married for only 2 months
    All you do is post useless trash

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I'm not growing old alone.

F ck that.

That being said, I love my GF of 4 years, so I've got a different mindset to what I once had!
    I'm not growing old alone... this is the gayest thing i've ever heard in my life. If this is your biggest worry in life you don't have problems.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

For american people.... Yes

My parents had an arranged marriage, 2 kids and they have been together for 27 years. No divorce in sight

With that being said I'm kind of scared to get married to a white girl. Divorce is so common in America

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I'm not growing old alone... this is the gayest thing i've ever heard in my life. If this is your biggest worry in life you don't have problems.
    I did qualify it by saying that it comes from the perspective of a happy 4 year relationship.

The idea now of growing old alone sucks.

The old me would definitely have told me the new me to get fvcked.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Depends, if she makes me a sandwich when I ask = +ev.

If not, I would have been better off going to a diner.

For a woman however, it is the most +ev thing in the world. Chances are you get the better 50% of dudes life, probably get his kids, and as a result child support and possibly alimony.

If I was a woman, I'd be on my 9th marriage by now.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Boys I am looking into this as well. The thought of marrage doesn't scare me. It's tje thought of 10k on a ring and 20k on a wedding. That shit seems so financially devastating

I got a great girl though with a great job and a grwat head on her shoulders.

Smoke

Why get married??

Pound the same ol pussy everyday??

Pass unless you cheat

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Boys I am looking into this as well. The thought of marrage doesn't scare me. It's tje thought of 10k on a ring and 20k on a wedding. That shit seems so financially devastating

I got a great girl though with a great job and a grwat head on her shoulders.
    Just invite a BUNCH of people to your wedding and you'll get atleast 10k back from the guests....it atleast will cover part of the wedding

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Depends, if she makes me a sandwich when I ask = +ev.

If not, I would have been better off going to a diner.

For a woman however, it is the most +ev thing in the world. Chances are you get the better 50% of dudes life, probably get his kids, and as a result child support and possibly alimony.

If I was a woman, I'd be on my 9th marriage by now.

dude nailed it. It is so +EV for women it is ridiculous.

Problem is most women are just whacked out crazy and don't truly capitalize.... reallly, a woman with a decent vagina should be staring retirement right in the eyes at 25 years old ... that is, "your retirement" that she has pried from you with her high quality vagina

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

just make sure she definitely has a decent job. I know quite a few dudes that lost half of everything. The system is so retarded how it works if you think about it.

Guy works for 35 years and saves up a ton of money, works his ass off non stop. His wife has never had a job in her life and cooks food he pays for sometimes. He also pays for her clothing, shelter, and car.

They get divorced and she keeps half of everything. Insane. And even with a prenup you can get ****** and give them a bunch. Know a guy that had to pay out almost half cause his wife was "under distress" she claimed when she signed it.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

My life has improved since marriage but I married a woman who works and makes a great living (much more than I.) I have also been with her for almost 10 years BEFORE we got married. We made sure it could work before we jinxed ourselves with the actual wedding part.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

End of fukkin thread..LOCK IT

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Find someone that you can vacation with and enjoy each others company.

May 1st will make BIGDAY and MmaChicka's 8yr anniversary.

I am in Mr Milwaukee's 10% and lovin it.

Best of Luck Cougar.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

Why get married??

Pound the same ol pussy everyday??

Pass unless you cheat

smoke there is no fukkin way you pound puss every day... i think pounding the same puss everyday would be +EV for you pal

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post

smoke there is no fukkin way you pound puss every day... i think pounding the same puss everyday would be +EV for you pal
    griz I pound more trim than you and your mom combined. Don't fukk with me pal.. Fukk the flyers too biatch!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Lots of bad advice here

Keep it coming

I want a full page break down of pros and cons from Loshak

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

griz I pound more trim than you and your mom combined. Don't fukk with me pal.. Fukk the flyers too biatch!
    just busting your balls smokey bear

123 Last