Fire it up!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Name:  IMG_6132.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  50.7 KB

if your girl is willing to give up the "fairytale" this is hands down the way to go...playa del carmen '08.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

+Ev for me, traded up from my studio condo in NJ to her 2 bedroom condo in Fairfield Ct.
    She's 10 years my junior, making more money here than I was is NJ, like I said, +EV

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

if your girl is willing to give up the "fairytale" this is hands down the way to go...playa del carmen '08.
    only idiots get married on the beach
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Chi_archie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    only idiots get married on the beach

Ocean Isle, NC 2011

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

As always.....Willie Walters gets it.

Marriage is a lot of work, and its a continual give & take. That being said, I absolutely wouldn't trade my marriage for anything in the world. I feel extremely lucky to have landed the wife that I have had for 14+ years. Not that there's not plenty of times I'd like to think I could've been just as happy without her.....but the reality is I wouldn't be even close to the man I am today. She's a terrific mother to our daughter, and I think that's my favorite thing about her.

Choose your spouse wisely, boys. They are without a doubt the #1 source of your future happiness, or lack thereof. All partnerships are hard, whether its in marriage, or business, or a fukkin' doubles tennis partner. That's simply the nature of sharing your life with someone else. So to say it's a difficult undertaking that requires lots of work is correct. But, doesn't everything worthwhile in life require the same??
    Points Awarded:

WvGambler gave opie1988 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cougar Bait, WvGambler, and Ra77er

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Marriage is a lot of work, and its a continual give & take. That being said, I absolutely wouldn't trade my marriage for anything in the world. I feel extremely lucky to have landed the wife that I have had for 14+ years. Not that there's not plenty of times I'd like to think I could've been just as happy without her.....but the reality is I wouldn't be even close to the man I am today. She's a terrific mother to our daughter, and I think that's my favorite thing about her.

Choose your spouse wisely, boys. They are without a doubt the #1 source of your future happiness, or lack thereof. All partnerships are hard, whether its in marriage, or business, or a fukkin' doubles tennis partner. That's simply the nature of sharing your life with someone else. So to say it's a difficult undertaking that requires lots of work is correct. But, doesn't everything worthwhile in life require the same??
    Opie had to write that, his wife reads the forum
    I understand the position he is in

Well how come when I was in Vegas Ope lived in strip clubs and at least 5 times was on top of the platform with just underwear on dancing with the ladies on stage??? He basically was mugging them all night, I left and took a cab home because this guy was acting like half a nut. If that is a man that is happy he could of fooled me.

I do not care if this post breaks his marriage.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Well how come when I was in Vegas Ope lived in strip clubs and at least 5 times was on top of the platform with just underwear on dancing with the ladies on stage??? He basically was mugging them all night, I left and took a cab home because this guy was acting like half a nut. If that is a man that is happy he could of fooled me.

You fukk.

Actually, my wife wrote that earlier post, and then made me press enter.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

You fukk.

Actually, my wife wrote that earlier post, and then made me press enter.

manny24
    pay Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Asking a bunch of selfish degenerates about marriage*is not the way to go, Cougar.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Yes it is. "Being Alone" is a man-made construct. Be an interesting guy, and you will have plenty of pussy and friends. Even when you're 80.

It's better to be alone, than be with somebody and wish you were alone

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Yes it is. "Being Alone" is a man-made construct. Be an interesting guy, and you will have plenty of pussy and friends. Even when you're 80.

and when you're on sbr you're never alone

these guys that claim they are happily married yet spend more than an hour a day on sbr are completely full of shit

BettingWizard

Only you, and you alone, determine what happiness you have. It's not outside of you. Truth.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post

Definitely not the same to have a bunch of friends and to have access to a lot of pussy than to have a partner to share your life with. I'm not saying that partying with friends and fuking around is not fun, because it is. But for a lot of people the emptiness that a shallow lifestyle leaves behind is unbearable.

Since I can sympathize with both sides, the tie-breaker for me is kids. Watching your kids run around, play sports, grow, etc. That has no comparison and is by far the best reason for getting married.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

No coincidences .... has 3 kids?

what are the odds they listen to rap music, wear clothes that don't fit and flash gang signs over breakfast?

probably 10,000-1

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

As you know Opie........so much of life is about perspective........and perspective is only acquired through life experiences. Without proper perspective..........emotions take over.......and lead to poor decision making. Poor decisions are ok, even expected, when one is young and single. On the other hand, poor decisions can be toxic to a marriage.

Boys......only when you're ready to be a responsible adult.....without fail.....are you ready to be a husband and father.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    As you know Opie........so much of life is about perspective........and perspective is only acquired through life experiences.
    Logic doesn't really add up. If perspective comes from experience, how could one ever have perspective on marriage or children before doing it? It's a crapshoot. You could have an amazing woman in your life but so many unaccountable variables, impossible to really predict how it will pan out. Same with children.

I think, and this is insanely cynical I know, you have to make sure you marry someone who cannot fukk you over. So many of these horror stories are where men leave themselves susceptible to being fukked over in divorces. Begs the question, had they married a woman with her own means if things would have been better?

Every relationship I've been in I've made more money than the woman I was with. This always ended up being an issue as at times they felt I was selfish by not offering or other times I was disrespecting them by offering. While I'm sure there are times it may happen with a woman who makes as much as me, it's probably a much more hilarious conversation deciding how to pay for dinner than it is with someone who is broke who pays the bill that night but then talks about how she has no money the next few weeks.

And again it comes back to respect. I don't get how any man marries a woman who doesn't work and make good money. Either she isn't educated or never applied herself. Either one is fukking bad news. Anyone who gets divorced and loses half their shit and complains "all she did was stay home" can fukk off because they knew that going into the marriage.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Logic doesn't really add up. If perspective comes from experience, how could one ever have perspective on marriage or children before doing it? It's a crapshoot. You could have an amazing woman in your life but so many unaccountable variables, impossible to really predict how it will pan out. Same with children.

I think, and this is insanely cynical I know, you have to make sure you marry someone who cannot fukk you over. So many of these horror stories are where men leave themselves susceptible to being fukked over in divorces. Begs the question, had they married a woman with her own means if things would have been better?

Every relationship I've been in I've made more money than the woman I was with. This always ended up being an issue as at times they felt I was selfish by not offering or other times I was disrespecting them by offering. While I'm sure there are times it may happen with a woman who makes as much as me, it's probably a much more hilarious conversation deciding how to pay for dinner than it is with someone who is broke who pays the bill that night but then talks about how she has no money the next few weeks.

And again it comes back to respect. I don't get how any man marries a woman who doesn't work and make good money. Either she isn't educated or never applied herself. Either one is fukking bad news. Anyone who gets divorced and loses half their shit and complains "all she did was stay home" can fukk off because they knew that going into the marriage.
    My comment that you quoted was written with the intent to say/mean..........DON'T GET MARRIED TOO YOUNG! Live, learn, get with lots of women, travel, etc.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The end.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    No coincidences .... has 3 kids?

what are the odds they listen to rap music, wear clothes that don't fit and flash gang signs over breakfast?

probably 10,000-1
    You're as bad at drawing conclusions as you are at everything else.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

My comment that you quoted was written with the intent to say/mean..........DON'T GET MARRIED TOO YOUNG! Live, learn, get with lots of women, travel, etc.
    I got married at 18 years old.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Last edited by LVHerbie; 04-13-12 at 03:04 AM.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    ***cough cough, to get a green card, cough cough***

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

Nice choice Manny. Was in Playa Del Carmen myself in '08........with the wife for our anniversary. Good times.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I don't recommend marrying your first piece of tail pal.

BettingWizard

all you people saying you need marriage for happiness.......you were unhappy all those years before you got married?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

my first piece of tail?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Took me awhile to find this thread. Bastards.

manny24
    pay Bobby

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Yich123
    Yich123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

this is why there is so much divorce in the world. why get married if you're not 100% sure it's going to work out. some people rush things and end up ruining years of their lives

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

**** getting married. Until they make divorce ev or +ev for men, marriage will always be -ev. Getting married is your bet, dying happily married means you won but getting divorced or dying unhappy means you lost. I would think no matter how much you love the girl, there is a much higher chance you will divorce or die unhappy, so Id consider it -ev.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If a chick made more money than you... most would be offended... I sure as hell wouldn't. In fact, I'm looking for that. As long as she semi-attractive... earns 100k+ a year... I'd eat her poop. Not lying.

First 123 Last