brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Are you ever gonna read anything I post? I'm pretty sure at this point you don't know christian history or what the eastern or oriental orthodox churches are ie they are NOT Roman Catholic.

And I'm not your adversary. You don't have to tell me that the Roman Catholic church is a schismatic branch of the original church, it's obvious just by studying history, theology, and seeing practice.
    i am reading what you post ... and really don't appreciate your attitude. Please don't tell me what i know and don't know ... you are confused about me, you must think im looking for some .... truth ...

i know the truth, so much so.. I'm willing to do exactly what i've done here, be a servant to those who want to know... if Gods real. Our conversing about a certain point in history changes nothing, any one person can go wiki all the councils and reformations, or how about the letter j for Jesus, the letter j hasn't been around but a few hundred years ...

so on and so fourth .... again, it changes nothing. im not a history major but i know history... im a Holy Spirit major, and that's the authority i recognize, i humbly follow behind Christ, and you might ask how would i know im doing that, how do i know my interpretation is correct? ... because of The SPIRIT, the Spirit will confirm and HELP the soul again ... " into all truths " ... if you aren't my adversary, quit acting like one, cuz i can't tell dude

either way ... have a good day

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    now, give me some honesty .... why is there an egyptian phallus where they buried peter?
    it was brought there by caesar over 2000 years ago out of Egypt.
    there are a number of them, not just at the vatican. the vatican used to be a pagan site.
    for your information, it was not until the 1500s that the vatican became the seat of the papacy,
    and the st. peter's basilica was built, that used to be at st. john lateran and was even in france for
    some time. there is a tradition that saint peter gazed upon the obelisk at his martyrdom.
    maybe you should read some better books or websites rather than watch cheezy anti-Catholic
    you tube videos. just a thought.

Why are all these pagan artifacts stored in vatican ..
    any pagan artifacts you're thinking of were there before the site was christian.
    they have archaeological value.

why is there so much corruption and little boys being hurt?
    although less than 2% of catholic priests were accused of sexual crimes, and about 2% of that 2%
    involved actual pedophilia (as opposed to sexually mature girls or boys) - this is generally seen
    as a problem in the seminaries, or in the lessening of certain morals in the 60s and 70s.. by the way,
    there was indeed documented infiltration of the church by communists and freemasons. long story
    short, you ask why, it is part of the human condition to sin, and of course some claims were invented
    or exaggerated for money. There is never any excuse for abuse of any kind.

What's a black pope?
    the "black pope" is a term invented by anti-Catholics to describe the Superior General
    of the Jesuit order. Because he wears black, they make up stories about him, as if he
    were some kind of Darth Vader.

celebrate pagan holidays?
    the Church does not celebrate pagan holidays. certain converted communities,
    such as the barbarian Celts or the Latin American indian peoples were allowed to
    preserve some of their pre-Christian traditions into their new worship of Christ.
    For example, that is how the word Easter (a Germanic word) was derived, (Eostre)
    although in all but the English-speaking world, it is another name such as Pascha.

Why did the pope change the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday ?
    The Pope did not change any day of worship, because all Christians celebrated the Lord's Day
    on the day of His Resurrection since the very beginning. This is unanimous in all historical accounts.

good luck learning, please, learn more, if you care about facts, that is.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    . there is a tradition that saint peter gazed upon the obelisk at his martyrdom.
    maybe you should read some better books or websites rather than watch cheezy anti-Catholic
    you tube videos. just a thought.

any pagan artifacts you're thinking of were there before the site was christian.
    they have archaeological value.

although less than 2% of catholic priests were accused of sexual crimes, and about 2% of that 2%
    involved actual pedophilia (as opposed to sexually mature girls or boys) - this is generally seen
    as a problem in the seminaries, or in the lessening of certain morals in the 60s and 70s.. by the way,
    there was indeed documented infiltration of the church by communists and freemasons. long story
    short, you ask why, it is part of the human condition to sin, and of course some claims were invented
    or exaggerated for money. There is never any excuse for abuse of any kind.

the "black pope" is a term invented by anti-Catholics to describe the Superior General
    of the Jesuit order. Because he wears black, they make up stories about him, as if he
    were some kind of Darth Vader.

the Church does not celebrate pagan holidays. certain converted communities,
    such as the barbarian Celts or the Latin American indian peoples were allowed to
    preserve some of their pre-Christian traditions into their new worship of Christ.
    For example, that is how the word Easter (a Germanic word) was derived, (Eostre)
    although in all but the English-speaking world, it is another name such as Pascha.

The Pope did not change any day of worship, because all Christians celebrated the Lord's Day
    on the day of His Resurrection since the very beginning. This is unanimous in all historical accounts.

good luck learning, please, learn more, if you care about facts, that is.
    Ok snowball, im done learning about catholics... i don't want to " learn " your traditions... " peter gazed upon the obelisk " .. seriously man? This is what you guys are going with? There is things mapped through out vatican that is similar to other masonic works for planet worship.. as for power come on snowball, catholics have been struggling for it through the last 2000 years ...

and yes black popes and jesuit orders .. tell me, WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES CHRIST HAVE A FLESHLY MILITARY ORDER ... ? There ain't one ... and letting people bring in their pagan practices to worship Christ is blasphemous ... but all of this is ok with you.. and im not researching the stats of priest touching boys, it's like researching the stat of teachers touching their students these days ... there's like 5 cases a week..

again, ive done enough " learning " of catholics .. i understand it's place that it may help fool the very elect.. your excuses don't clean up what's obvious .. catholics are beyond dysfunctional .. but what do i expect from a very fleshly people .. with secret agenda and orders ... if you accept these action by your church then you also are an accomplice to it.. so you accept the history of the catholics and it's current trajectory then you bare the burden of its outcome ...

problem is, you've done the research yet paint colorful excuses for you to accept what's current ... how do you get along with letting imams sing in your churches ? .. tell you the truth, idk want to know how you feel about it... just deal with the burden there of..

Snowball

brainfreeze.. fine, stay stupid.

after all, it's easier.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    brainfreeze.. fine, stay stupid.

after all, it's easier.
    . The Spirit speaks loudly and the heart listens closely... the mind follows suit. If that's where your heart is telling you to be, have at it snowball.. i won't go thousands upon thousands of pages in threads as ive seen these arguments go. i just don't believe as you believe, and till my death that will be. i've seen Spirit filled churches of people, ive seen God do the impossible... on NO AUTHORITY of ANY MAN of a catholic church.

You guys just dont get it, you try to understand through lens of flesh.. the life and battle of a true Christian is a spiritual test for themselves and struggle of war for the souls through the generations given.. saying ten hail marys and kissing peters statue won't help you snow ball. the lies and colorful twisting you guys do only hinder your growth .. but i guess im just stupid after all snowball, or maybe this conversation has been going on for some time now BECAUSE IT HOLDS ITS WEIGHT

good day to you though snowball ... if you ever want to talk about it, im here guy.. just not going to argue the complete foolishness, imams singing, peter gazing at the egyptian alters ... pope accepting evolution, and just all the history ... it could go on forever, maybe one day you will feel differently, maybe you are satisfied with what you believe idk... it's your life, i won't call you stupid though.. i will just think you are making a terrible mistake.

have a good 1 snowball

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

This guy Stackin is a flaming heretic and should be impaled.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Actually there is more scientific evidence of the tooth fairy than any God or savior. A tooth disappears at night with money left behind. That is more physical evidence than religion has ever produced.
    This is true. Same could be said for Santa Claus.

I pray. Nothing happens. I goto the mall and asked Santa for Toys. I get toys. Advantage Santa Claus.

I have seen Santa Claus. I haven't seen God. Advantage Santa Claus.

There is a Bible but there are also books about Santa Claus. Push.

Santa Claus won't banish you to hell for eternity if you don't worship and believe in him. Advantage Santa Claus.

Santa Claus doesn't advocate stoning women who aren't virgins and sacrificing children. Advantage Santa Claus.

Do I need to go on? There are thousands of religions. All different. All think theirs is the only way to live. That in itself is enough evidence to prove all you people that believe are wrong. So 99% of the people that believe are wrong but your special religion is right? That pretty damn arrogant.

Yeah yeah, your religion is correct based on your upbringing and geographic location and everyone else is wrong but you because you have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. I get it.

Let's totally disregard science, logic, and what we know about the world in favor of talking snakes, 900 year old people, living in whales, and walking on water. Surely that supernatural shit is the truth even though no one on planet earth has ever seen it.

Carry on.

Snowball

Big D the great Roman fire was only 32 years after Jesus

tell me how a GREAT MULTITUDE as far away as ROME
    came to believe in him if they were not working miracles
    and lots of things we don't really appreciate today. These people
    gave their lives to attest to something they did not have to do.
    Maybe thousands DID see the resurrected Christ.
    It was not an accident and is very difficult to explain how
    things like this occured. This is only one mention of Christ the person
    by non-Christians. If they believed, we can believe in the same.

This was the pagan historian Tacitus:

Such indeed were the precautions of human wisdom. The next thing was to seek means of propitiating the gods, and recourse was had to the Sibylline books, by the direction of which prayers were offered to Vulcanus, Ceres, and Proserpina. Juno, too, was entreated by the matrons, first, in the Capitol, then on the nearest part of the coast, whence water was procured to sprinkle the fane and image of the goddess. And there were sacred banquets and nightly vigils celebrated by married women. But all human efforts, all the lavish gifts of the emperor, and the propitiations of the gods, did not banish the sinister belief that the conflagration was the result of an order. Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their
    centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-10-17 at 12:14 PM.

First 123