dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Did you make your Italian Easter Pie

I have had dozens of this yearly treat but none are as good as the recipe used by mom and dad. I now make it faithfully following that same recipe and people can never get enough of it. Not healthy by any means but really good and once a year and in moderation it is quite okay. You just must use the best meats and cheeses you can buy. Stay away from the Romano sold in super markets. Buy good cheese and good meat and make it with love and you will not be disappointed if you like that type of ethnic meal.
    Last edited by dante1; 04-06-12 at 08:20 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    I have had dozens of this yearly treat but none are as good as the recipe used by mom and dad. I now make it faithfully following that same recipe and people can never get enough of it. Not healthy by any means but really good and once a year and in moderation it is quite okay. You just must use the best meats and cheeses you can buy. Stay away from the Romano sold in super markets. Buy good cheese and good meat and make it with love and you will not be disappointed if you like that type of ethnic meal.
    Sure did.

Awesome stuff.

Buona Pasqua e Buona Pasquetta.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Sure did.

Awesome stuff.

Buona Pasqua e Buona Pasquetta.

See, I knew there was a reason I liked you Philly, good taste my friend. I am afraid too many people don't even know what I am talking about. Probably some of the guns in Alb or Kty are thinking pie, pie. lol

Best holiday wishes to you.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Please elaborate...Italian Easter Pie

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Italian baked dish that consists of cheese, meats, eggs and some other similar food. These are mixed together and often covered with a pastry like pie topping and baked until all these combine into a masterpiece of culinary perfection.

Almost all of my non Italian friends when first tasting it--love it. Almost all Italians bake it just a little bit differently. I for one use no crust at all and use no filler such as pasta. My pie consists of three cheese varieties, small cubes of a good ham all fat and garbage removed, Italian Salami, hot Italian sausage sometimes my own homemade, hard boiled eggs some freshly ground pepper and a few fresh eggs to give color and flavor. Bake in pie plate for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbling and slightly tan in color. Let cool and enjoy.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    See, I knew there was a reason I liked you Philly, good taste my friend. I am afraid too many people don't even know what I am talking about. Probably some of the guns in Alb or Kty are thinking pie, pie. lol

Best holiday wishes to you.

Probably thinking you're talking about apple pie LOL

Have a blessed Easter my friend and I'll talk to you soon.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

easter, Rice pie, Ricotta Pie, these are desserts that are to die for.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

Guys that pie with all the meats and cheeses in it is called pizza Againe, it sounds just like Pizza agane, if you want receipe let me know my wife has a receipe from her great grandmother who was a great cook they say.The fresh eggs hold it all together Dante sounds great. Buona Pasqua, for Italians this is the most serious and beautiful of all holidays, If your Christian you know Christ gave his only son to mankind, so we would all have the opportunity to have eternal life in paradise. If you haven't seen Mel Gibson's movie The Passion that will definately make you feel that you were present. Mel Gibson is not playing with a full deck ,and his father is also off his rocker, but the movie itself changed my whole life.Before that I was a different person,as I spoke before of the people who were and still are my friends, the difference is180 degrees. To all Happy easter and Passover.