4) Ping Pong
    3) Billiards
    2) Bowling
    1) Golf

http://www.cravedge.com/articles/var...while-drinking

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

i equate billiards to a game...like poker.

daileycon
    daileycon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    i equate billiards to a game...like poker.
    Apparently you've never heard of the USPPA ( The United States Professional Poolplayers Association)

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Number 6:

Major League Baseball, if you are a Red Sox pitcher.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by daileycon View Post
    Apparently you've never heard of the USPPA ( The United States Professional Poolplayers Association)
    im not saying you cant be a pro pool player, in fact, when i was 19, i wanted to go pro in 9-ball....but just like being a pro poker player, imo they are both games not sports. im not dogging them, pro pool players are extremely talented, but they are not athletes.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

What criteria defines 'sport'? Aerobic and/or anaerobic exercise? If that is the criteria you would have to qualify all these as 'games':
    - Bowling
    - Archery
    - Shooting
    - Auto Racing
    - Curling
    - Golf (you could perhaps make the argument that if the player walked, it's a sport, but if they took a cart, it's a game)

Not saying you are wrong; just pointing out that it is difficult distinction to make.

daileycon

When your out there with your bow and arrows drinking let me know so I don't show up at the range!

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I wouldn't consider pool a sport, more of a game. If anything, it's a bar sport like darts or shuffleboard.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    What criteria defines 'sport'? Aerobic and/or anaerobic exercise? If that is the criteria you would have to qualify all these as 'games':
    - Bowling
    - Archery
    - Shooting
    - Auto Racing
    - Curling
    - Golf (you could perhaps make the argument that if the player walked, it's a sport, but if they took a cart, it's a game)

Not saying you are wrong; just pointing out that it is difficult distinction to make.
    thats a great question. i guess its up to each individual opinion. i know a lot of guys think poker is a sport, and swear by it. i do believe golf is a sport, so i guess my reasoning is flawed. either way...the question "is it a sport or a game" is a heated debate thats been going on forever.

daileycon

I'll replace pool with boche ball!

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

drag racing
    corn hole
    bungee cord jump
    softball
    strip poker

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    thats a great question. i guess its up to each individual opinion. i know a lot of guys think poker is a sport, and swear by it. i do believe golf is a sport, so i guess my reasoning is flawed. either way...the question "is it a sport or a game" is a heated debate thats been going on forever.
    I don't think of poker as a sport because it requires absolutely no fine motor skills, coordination, etc. Even 'e-sports' are more of sports than poker as you have to at least move the joystick or click the mouse at the right time. With poker, you could be the clumsiest, least coordinated person in the history of the world and still be the best player ever, if your mind was sharp. In fact, you could be an equally good poker player with no legs and only two fingers as you could with both legs and all ten fingers. Not many sports you can say that about.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    I don't think of poker as a sport because it requires absolutely no fine motor skills, coordination, etc. Even 'e-sports' are more of sports than poker as you have to at least move the joystick or click the mouse at the right time. With poker, you could be the clumsiest, least coordinated person in the history of the world and still be the best player ever, if your mind was sharp. In fact, you could be an equally good poker player with no legs and only two fingers as you could with both legs and all ten fingers. Not many sports you can say that about.
    i agree with you. there was a guy about 3 years ago at the WSOP who had no arms. he would look at his hole cards with his feet on the table and squeezing them with his toes. he actually cashed. then you take someone like eirc seidel, who has to be the most uncoordinated fukk ever but has won more money then anyone in tournament poker.

daileycon

Hold on! Bungee cord jump? Sport or not are you drinking before or after or during?