The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Does anyone ACTUALLY believe George Zimmerman?

I know I sure don't. I think I'm a pretty intuitive person and can usually tell when someone's bullshitting and I'm calling bullshit on his story. Just a gut instinct.

I'm curious what others think. I'm asking what your gut feelings are, does Zimmermans story pass your sniff test?

I'm not looking to for another thread like the rest. I don't care about race. Nor am I looking to discuss the facts of the case or the lack of strong evidence to charge and/or convict Zimmerman. I just wanna know what everyone elses gut feelings are.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No chance

The Kraken

I don't think anyone believes his story. I don't think there's more than 5 guys here that actually buy his bullshit.

I think most guys here are arguing for objectivity but deep down they aren't buying his story.

The importance of this is that I'm not so sure a jury wouldn't feel the same way. They can convict based off of circumstantial evidence. While this new video that's circulating of Zimmerman doesn't really prove anything, it certainly shows that he wasn't a mangled mess that his attorney was trying to portray. And that's important. Also the new witness says she saw the guys wrestling around and then immediately after hearing the gunshots, Zimmerman got up and was walking around unphased. Again, not consistent with the rhetoric his attorney has been saying that zimmerman was getting his head smashed into the ground.

98% of people don't believe Zimmerman or his attorney./

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

perhaps

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Does anyone actually care about what happened?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure. What really bothers me is how the media has jumped all over this case and has all but convicted Zimmerman. Aren't we innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? No question that this is a tragedy and my heart goes out to the Martin family. However the bigger question we should be asking is what agenda is mainstream media trying to accomplish by bombarding us with this case? I've heard the tapes. Seen the video of Zimmerman at the police station and hear arguments from both sides. In my opinion whomever it is crying for help in those recordings is a victim. If it was indeed Travvon Martin crying for help then Zimmerman should face murder charges. If it's Zimmerman crying for help then this could be a possible self defense.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't matter what you or I think...

what matters is what the evidence tells us. That is where some thick-headed people can't separate it in their mind. "I think he's guilty as hell... therefore, fry him!"... doesn't work like that.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I think Zimmerman should have his day in court, after that I will form an opinion.

What does the Rock always say "it doesn't matter what you think"

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's very unlikely it went down like Zimmerman said.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave ngates815 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by the kraken View Post
    i don't think anyone believes his story. I don't think there's more than 5 guys here that actually buy his bullshit.

I think most guys here are arguing for objectivity but deep down they aren't buying his story.

The importance of this is that i'm not so sure a jury wouldn't feel the same way. They can convict based off of circumstantial evidence. While this new video that's circulating of zimmerman doesn't really prove anything, it certainly shows that he wasn't a mangled mess that his attorney was trying to portray. And that's important. Also the new witness says she saw the guys wrestling around and then immediately after hearing the gunshots, zimmerman got up and was walking around unphased. Again, not consistent with the rhetoric his attorney has been saying that zimmerman was getting his head smashed into the ground.

98% of people don't give a shit one bit./

correction made.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Here's the thing in his favor. The shooting happened next to his car. Everyone agrees that Martin took off. (He was talking to his GF on the phone a the time.)

How did the kid end up getting shot next to the car unless Martin came back to get into it with Zimmerman?
    Last edited by Bluehorseshoe; 03-30-12 at 07:42 AM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Vol_Bengal View Post
    It doesn't matter what you or I think...

what matters is what the evidence tells us. That is where some thick-headed people can't separate it in their mind. "I think he's guilty as hell... therefore, fry him!"... doesn't work like that.
    Actually what you and I think is pertinent. The court of public opinion matters quite a bit. Especially to a DA trying to decide whether or not to press charges. It's not all about the evidence as you stated. Even in court circumstantial evidence is admissable.

Nobody is saying "he's guitly, fry him" and that's not was I was looking for. I was just seeing who actually believed his story. You don't need evidence to say the guy is believable or not.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 03-31-12 at 04:12 AM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Nobody is saying "he's guitly, fry him"
    Really?
    I've seen dozens of soundbites from civil rights yahoo types of the cable news talk shows saying this.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Here's the thing in his favor. The shooting happened next to his car. Everyone agrees that Martin took off. (He was talking to his GF on the phone a the time.)

How did the kid end up getting shot next to the car unless Martin came back to get into it with Zimmerman?
    This is exactly what happened.

After Zimmerman was told not to follow the suspect all of the political race baiters passed it off as if Zimmerman continued to pursue Martin when in fact it is more likely that Zimmerman went back to his car and Martin attacked him from behind.

Or maybe Zimmerman chased Martin in a big circle and they just happened to end up back at Zimmerman's car?????

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    This is exactly what happened.

After Zimmerman was told not to follow the suspect all of the political race baiters passed it off as if Zimmerman continued to pursue Martin when in fact it is more likely that Zimmerman went back to his car and Martin attacked him from behind.

Or maybe Zimmerman chased Martin in a big circle and they just happened to end up back at Zimmerman's car?????
    ya that makes a lot of sense... except that zimmerman WAS IN the truck when he was talking to the dispatcher..

He then confirmed that he wasn't going to follow then he got out of his truck with a loaded weapon and pursued an innocent person.

some of the responses here... id say unreal but im used to it now

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    ya that makes a lot of sense... except that zimmerman WAS IN the truck when he was talking to the dispatcher..

He then confirmed that he wasn't going to follow then he got out of his truck with a loaded weapon and pursued an innocent person.

some of the responses here... id say unreal but im used to it now
    He was not in his truck when he made the call he was following Trayvon through a "cut thru" (as in a path)

Absolutely hillarious how so many people like yourself believe that they know everything there is to know about this case

So detective Brooks where did you get all of your information from? Nancy Grace who heard from Oprah Winfrey who heard from Al Sharpton that Trayvon's mom said that the detective said ...................

According to Tracy Martin, the Sanford, Fla., detective recounted this sequence of events: Trayvon Martin walked up to Zimmerman’s vehicle and asked why he was following him. Zimmerman denied following the youth and rolled up the car window. Minutes after Trayvon walked away, Zimmerman got out of his vehicle.

I only hope you people one day find yourselves in a situation where the public decides that a fair judicial process is not needed and condem you to death before hearing all of the true facts and evidence.

sharpcat

Cool that the media is getting all of their facts on the case from Trayvon's mother.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol whats to believe here are zimmermans own words ” Hes got his hands in his waistband. (is this a crime in florida??) And he's a black male ( so must be up to something right? Lolz) Hes coming to check me out hes got something in his hands , I dont know what his deal is... unreal that this motherfukker isnt charged yet and that Mr Martin's background was looked into. Zimmerman is a racist and should be behind bars how the fukk isnt this racist piece of shit considered a danger to society? Love zimmermans punk ass daddy saying George is color blind but George is pointing out Travon martin is Black,up to no good and on drugs or something piece of shit still walking free but we all know if Travon was on watch and shot a guy named George zimmerman with a hoodie armed with skittles and iced tea Travon would be behind bars.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

George Zimmerman is a hero!

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    lol whats to believe here are zimmermans own words ” Hes got his hands in his waistband. (is this a crime in florida??) And he's a black male ( so must be up to something right? Lolz) Hes coming to check me out hes got something in his hands , I dont know what his deal is... unreal that this motherfukker isnt charged yet and that Mr Martin's background was looked into. Zimmerman is a racist and should be behind bars how the fukk isnt this racist piece of shit considered a danger to society? Love zimmermans punk ass daddy saying George is color blind but George is pointing out Travon martin is Black,up to no good and on drugs or something piece of shit still walking free but we all know if Travon was on watch and shot a guy named George zimmerman with a hoodie armed with skittles and iced tea Travon would be behind bars.

He probably would be behind bars......................unless the guy armed with skittles and an iced tea assaulted him, broke his nose, and slammed his head into the concrete until opening a wound.

teaserpleaser

He probably would be behind bars......................unless the guy armer with skittles and an iced tea assaulted him, broke his nose, and slammed his head into the concrete until opening a wound.
    George is one tough dude with great healing ability then because he looked like there wasnt a scratch on him in that video. Unless zimmerman has wolverines healing powers there are holes in that story.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    George is one tough dude with great healing ability then because he looked like there wasnt a scratch on him in that video. Unless zimmerman has wolverines healing powers there are holes in that story.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...n-Police-Video

Actually there are wounds on his head apparently ABC news does not have HD or maybe they didn't want you to see the clear video.

teaserpleaser

http://

Actually there are wounds on his head apparently ABC news does not have HD or maybe they didn't want you to see the clear video.
    Can you post the video please that video link wont work for me on my droid.

teaserpleaser

Nevermind its up this may take a while t mobile slowed me down...

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

Oh wow, if she doesn't resign in disgrace after that followup question you have to question her kind of people's thought of mind. Most embarrassing thing I've seen in a long time, and people actually voted that braindead retard into office. Pathetic.

teaserpleaser

I'll check it out when I get home 20 min and I still cant see his face...

InSaiyan
    InSaiyan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bs everywhere

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

That was really uncomfortable to watch. Wow.

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

Because there have never been problems in the past with the validity of videos put out by the Breitbart camp...*facepalm*

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Wow! You can clearly see a wound on the back of his head. Interesting.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    George Zimmerman is a hero!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Wow! You can clearly see a wound on the back of his head. Interesting.
    And the cop is examining it. They cut that part out of ABC's video.

Of course it's exaggerated from what Zimmerman stated on how bad his injuries were.

brooks85

He was not in his truck when he made the call he was following Trayvon through a "cut thru" (as in a path)

Absolutely hillarious how so many people like yourself believe that they know everything there is to know about this case

So detective Brooks where did you get all of your information from? Nancy Grace who heard from Oprah Winfrey who heard from Al Sharpton that Trayvon's mom said that the detective said ...................

I only hope you people one day find yourselves in a situation where the public decides that a fair judicial process is not needed and condem you to death before hearing all of the true facts and evidence.
    you really are stupid.

1. they 911 call explains exactly what i said. "He then confirmed that he wasn't going to follow then he got out of his truck with a loaded weapon and pursued an innocent person."

2. Do you know what a detective's job is?

that is why it says According to Tracy Martin, the Sanford, Fla., detective recounted this sequence of events:

"According to Tracy Martin, the Sanford, Fla., detective recounted this sequence of events: Trayvon Martin walked up to Zimmerman’s vehicle and asked why he was following him. Zimmerman denied following the youth and rolled up the car window. Minutes after Trayvon walked away, Zimmerman got out of his vehicle."

What in there is confusing you?

Last edited by brooks85; 04-01-12 at 11:35 AM.

brooks85

even when the dispatcher ask if he wants to meet with a cop he says yes, cops says where, he says actually have them call me.. ill them where im at. He didnt stay in one spot and kept searching.

This AFTER confirming he was not going to follow trayvon.

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then?
    [3:42] Zimmerman:
    Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]
    911 dispatcher:
    Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …
    Zimmerman:
    Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-01-12 at 11:44 AM.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I don't think Zimmerman's account is entirely true, neither do I believe he murdered an innocent kid in cold blood. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

12 Last