+$1552
    icon044's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

Been watching from beginning... Great movie

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Was actually much better as the original novel by King. One of the biggest (and in my opinion important) differences is how they handled the young prisoner who knew Dufrense was innocent. In the film he is invited into the yard where he is shot once he admits he would testify in court to Dufrense's defense.

What actually happened was once the warden found out the prisoner knew Dufrense was innocent he gave him two "options": stay quiet and be transferred to a minimum security prison where he could spend time with his wife and child or spend the rest of his sentence at Shawshank where the warden would guarantee his life would be miserable.

The novel was far more in line with King and how he shows the darkness that lays within every man (both in the warden and in the prisoner who would let an innocent men stay in prison for his own gain).

As for the original question, I'd want to be Red who had an easy time in prison and didn't have to wade through all that shit to get out. Once he gets out he gets life on easy street with Dufrense's money.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

One of my all time favorite movies. No opinion on who I'd want to be though. I mean this might just be me but doesn't seem like that kind of movie where u would have many characters that you really would want to be.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great movie, I would want to be one of the guards bcs they didn't get raped.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my top 5 fosho

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I live the life of a character in the movie, that doesn't get raped.

Great movie