jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9362

Local book line movement

Do most locals actually adjust spreads and totals as the action comes in, or do they just juice the lines if they get too heavy on one side? If not, then they just lay off the action or do they just let it ride? I know it's easier now with PPH's, but I'm talking about back in the pen and paper days

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9362

Anybody who used to be a local or currently is?

forrest1
    forrest1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I used to have a local back in the day that never adjusted lines. He would put out a sheet Friday night for football and that's the line for the wekend. I found myself betting a lot of plays with him and then when the line moved I would bet the opposite with another local. I did middle numerous games over the years. I had another local that had a line service. He would call them every hour and get updated line movements. When the internet gave me access to line movements it didn't take long to beat his number. He is not around any longer, so I assume I was not the only one. Today things have changed with technology. All of my locals either have their own website or are agents for certain books. Either way their lines move instantly as the rest of books move. My locals do not lay off plays.