dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Car troubleshooting question

I have a chrysler sebring that has a issue with the charging system. Here is what happened.... Wad driving last friday and noticed my blinker on the dash didn't flash nor click when I turned on the blinker. I tried my hazzard lights and they worked, then my blinker worked again. Later on that afternoon, my battery light came on, 12 miles from my place, so made it home ok. I turned off the car and restarted with no problem. Battery light stayed off. Didnt drive saturday and drove 20 miles sunday with no problem. Went to work monday and made it with no problem. On the way hom, my bat light came on after going 10 miles. I pulled over, turned off car and restarted with no problem. Bat light stayed off for another 10 miles, and came on again. Basically every 5 to 10 miles I was having to pull over. Now I drive 50 miles fng. reeway to anf from the jobsite. Monday afternoon I went to an autostore to test my alternator. They tested my battery, it had a full charge. My starter tested good, but my alt tested showing low voltage. Guy said my alt was bad and needed replacing. I drove the car yesterday to and from work and haf the same issue again.... No light in morning, but light comes on in afternoon. I took it to a different auto store this morning to have the alt tested again. Drove only 5 miles this morning before ut was tested. All things tested good. The alt was tested several times, even with the ac off then on. With the ac, it went from like 54 amps to 39 amps.... Bat light never came on. Guy told me I might have an electrical problem, or maybe a loose, or bad cable wire. I did drive through some flood water several weeks ago. I am just confused as when it is cool in the morning outside, I don' have an issue, but when it warm out that is when the light showd up. Just wonderin if I have a short somewhere or something. Any one have an idea what might be the issue, or maybe you have had the same problem.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

You should take it to a shop where they can hook it up to their computer and see what code it will display.

It's probably just an alternator issue though. When it gets hot it over-heats.