goldendome23
    goldendome23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate H and R block

So I'm looking at getting my tax return tomorrow (even though I've heard there will be delays) to find out that dude who did my taxes apparently missed out on a 300 dollar credit that I should have easily gotten. I just work part time as a college student, therefore I didn't really have any complicated deductions. The guy should of easily seen that I could of filed for that credit with a 1040A instead of a 1040EZ. Then H and R block tells me that I might have to pay for a 2nd look at it even though it was a simple mistake that apparently the "professional" missed. Does anybody else have these kinds of problems with them? The guy who did it last year from them found me all the credits I was eligible for, regrettably he doesn't work there anymore. So I went with this guy. Anybody have any suggestions for filing next year?

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

turbo tax

UpInsmoke33
    UpInsmoke33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Don't go to a drive through tax place. Just a suggestion.

Also spend a little time and do some research before you file. I know its what you pay the guy on the other end to do but it always helps to read through the forms ahead of time.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

I believe that you may have him make the adjustment after you get your return.

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Turbotax is easy .

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

If return is simple enough do it yourself w/ good software (turbotax is fine)

If not, get a CPA or at least a tax acct. Avoid places like HR Block like the plague - you never know who is going to be doing your return from year to year or what kind of qualifications they have.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

You can make adjustments after.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    You can make adjustments after.

Yes.

I would not go through a place like H&R, i'd always try to find a private CPA if you're not gonna do them yourself.

Got mine done yesterday, took the lady about 8 minutes...I'd much rather pay someone to do them, then sit in front of a computer when I get off work for a hour or so.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

We owe again this year...