ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

Serious topic, who here has been sued by a CC company

seems most people have simply said they didnt pay nothing and just stiffed them.

Well i guess i worded it wrong. CC companies sale it to attorneys that buy it. Just so happens , attorneys in cincinnati are the ones for me.

Can't believe they drove 6 hours to appear in court on thursday to get a judgement on me .

i hear people say pennies on the dollar and i call bull on that. lowest ive seen anyone do is pay 3 k on owing 5 k and thats not pennies on the dollar

I know someone here has been sued before but probaly don't want to admit it

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

geezus fukkin christ

mods saloon immediately

ttwarrior1

nobody will see it in the saloon, don't answer if you have never been sued, its that simple man.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I was sued in Kentucky and went to jail for six months. You will end up serving time son.

ttwarrior1

lie smoke, you were never sued in ky or went to jail for 6 months. You've never even been in ky, hell your hardly old enough to be on sbr.

But yes, i will be serving time in about 30 days likely. I give myself a 3 percent chance of no jail. No relatives or mom will help.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3641

you dumb fat fukker
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

ttwarrior1

mom's in the other room crying and upset and mad as hell

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    mom's in the other room crying and upset and mad as hell
    At least you'll lose weight in there....3 small meals a day...cornbread and apple butter I hear is a killer diet

ttwarrior1

not really, people that go into lets say prison at 300 pounds and get out 4 years later,somtimes they might even be bigger then 300 pounds even though they ate less.

Smoke

lie smoke, you were never sued in ky or went to jail for 6 months. You've never even been in ky, hell your hardly old enough to be on sbr.

But yes, i will be serving time in about 30 days likely. I give myself a 3 percent chance of no jail. No relatives or mom will help.
    I live in Kentucky

Lets meet up I will show you

We can play tennis

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

the world will be a better place with you locked up

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

don't drop the soap fool

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I wish stupid was illegal

ttwarrior1

yeh i did stupid stuff, rolleyes

not

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pride goes before the fall.OK,here's a gift to you buddy from ol' Brent to get you out of this jam.It's winter and maybe you live in a climate where there is slush and ice in parking lots and entryways to big retail stores.Take a dive and tell the store manager about it.He will look at the security camera footage and see you really suck as an actor pulling that stunt.He can't say you are a faker though because he does NOT want your injury case to go to court.He will get the chain to settle out of court where you get 20 grand.Just get a cheap lawyer and chiropractor that works on a contingency fee.No one can prove that you didn't hurt your back.It's a one time thing you can get away with.

Smoke

Hope you like black rooster
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Br0nxer

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

fukkin story time at sbr

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

yeh i did stupid stuff, rolleyes

not
    You took out a line of credit you could not afford.....that is stupid.

Pay your debts...let it be a lesson. Maybe you can pick up the roads or wash cars or something productive as one of those road crews.

Matches Malone
    Living life @ -115
    Matches Malone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Wouldn't you be better off filing for bankruptcy?

ttwarrior1

can't file for bankrupcty in kentucky, law passed last year over ************ in kentucky

Its like people asking me why i can't play on cake poker. Can't poker is banned in kentucky, state law

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

U can't go to jail for cc debt... U fckn idiots need to understand the laws

Matches Malone
    Living life @ -115
    Matches Malone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

http://www.thekybankruptcyblog.com/2...ile-bankruptcy

How Often Can I File Bankruptcy?
    By Julie O'Bryan, Esq. * July 23, 2010* Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Question and Answer Comment
    Filing bankruptcy is a difficult decision, but sometimes life dictates choices to us.* Financial disaster can blind-side any of us, like a job loss or medical catastrophe.* Whatever the reason, individuals occasionally need the protections of the federal bankruptcy laws a second time.*
    An individual can ordinarily file a bankruptcy case at anytime, however there may be restrictions on the relief that is available.* The most common restriction is the eligibility to receive a bankruptcy discharge.* To receive a Chapter 7 discharge, you must file your case eight (8) years after your previous Chapter 7 case was filed, or six (6) years after your Chapter 13 case was filed.* To receive a Chapter 13 discharge, you must file your case four (4) years after your previous Chapter 7 case was filed, or two (2) years after your Chapter 13 case was filed.*
    In some cases, receiving a bankruptcy discharge may not be important to the debtor.* For instance, if a debtor has a non-dischargeable debt like child support or taxes that must be paid, bankruptcy can offer an organized process for payment while the debtor retains some control.*
    Another less common restriction concerns the automatic stay.* If your bankruptcy case is dismissed within the past year, the bankruptcy court assumes that your second bankruptcy is filed in bad faith. *The automatic stay will only apply for 30 days after your second filing. *A hearing is required to extend the automatic stay and you must convince the court that you have filed in “good faith.”* If you file two or more cases within the past years, you must petition the bankruptcy court for a stay – it is not automatic for any period of time.*
    Finally, you are not eligible to file at all if your case was dismissed by the bankruptcy court within 180 days due to a willful failure to obey an order of the bankruptcy court, or if your case was voluntarily dismissed after a creditor sought to lift the automatic stay to enforce a lien against your property.*
    Filing a second bankruptcy is not uncommon.* Congress has established a few additional rules to deter abusive serial filers, but bankruptcy protection is available for the honest yet unfortunate debtor.* If you need assistance with filing a second bankruptcy case, contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney and get the relief you need.

ttwarrior1

dude , its not CC debt anymore

money is now owed to the court, not the CC company

and even if i could file for bankrupcty, i wouldnt over 5 k so stfu about it

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

dude , its not CC debt anymore money is now owed to the court, not the CC company and even if i could file for bankrupcty, i wouldnt over 5 k so stfu about it
    ttwarrior.

For the record.. I am not recommending to file bankruptcy if u have the money to pay off.. but for 1, bankruptcy cost 1k and the debt is 5k.. if ur unemployed and broke anyway then 1k is obviously more possible for u to attain.

Moreover, its not just about the 5k.. its about having a judgement from court on ur records.. that will take 7-10 yrs AFTER BEING PAID for it to stop negatively affecting u... whereas if u filed bankruptcy u could start repairing your credit history day 1 after discharge and within 1-2 yrs u would eligible to rent/buy homes/buy cars/get a new cc.. etc... so ur really saving 5-6 yrs of ur life.. its not about the money pal.

with this being said.. i am sure u have other debts.. medical bills/etc... if not I suggest u rack some up first . lol

Give yourself 3-4 months after your last bill acquired before the bankruptcy and everything can and will be written off.

maybe u can get weight loss surgery brah? 20-25k would be worth the bk then right? and ud be slim

-stash
    Last edited by secretstash; 02-12-12 at 07:12 AM.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

It sounds like TTWarrior is worried about something like this http://www.npr.org/2011/12/12/143274...rs-behind-bars also profiled here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1107524.html

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Being sued by a cc company is your lack of paying, because you didn't want to.
    YOU are to blame. Face the consequences.

If you couldn't make the minimum payment, that's your fault for not telling them.
    You could've changed companies to a lower interest rate or refinanced all your debt.

Sorry for being so blunt, but people have to start being responsible with their finances.
    Just because our govt spends like drunken sailors, there's no reason why everyone has to.

GL

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Being sued by a cc company is your lack of paying, because you didn't want to.
    YOU are to blame. Face the consequences.

If you couldn't make the minimum payment, that's your fault for not telling them.
    You could've changed companies to a lower interest rate or refinanced all your debt.

Sorry for being so blunt, but people have to start being responsible with their finances.
    Just because our govt spends like drunken sailors, there's no reason why everyone has to.

GL
    Exactly. You basically borrowed $$ and did not pay it back.....it's not that difficult. You signed a contract with the terms then failed to comply and just let it go....leaving not only that company to take the loss but this in turn ripples and makes others not be able to attain credit because of defaults like yours....cost of doing business....Discover did nothing wrong here...you did everything wrong. What are you not grasping here?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Pay the 5k

Oh, and TT, will you be out before the bash???

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

No. I pay my bills.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

not going to read through this worthless thread but based on the title you shouldn't be gambling.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Hazious View Post
    not going to read through this worthless thread but based on the title you shouldn't be gambling.
    He is the best poker player on Internet. Just ask him. He only gambles free plays. Hope he likes prison food and penis.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

CC companies are to blame also. No collateral, they raise your limit so you charge more. If you don't
    have a grasp for money, that's on you. Maybe slap your parents around for not teaching
    the value of money. Slap yourself around for not paying attention in economics class or
    having common sense.

You know you can set your own credit limit? Refuse to have your limit raised? Not take cash
    back or have frequent flyer miles? You pay for that through higher interest rates.

YOU have the power, use it.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

dude , its not CC debt anymore

money is now owed to the court, not the CC company

and even if i could file for bankrupcty, i wouldnt over 5 k so stfu about it

A judgment is an order by a court that you owe money to someone, in your case the CC company. In this case it is called unsecured debt because there was no collateral attached to the credit extended. It is essentially just a piece of paper, although it can be "attached" to any real estate that you own (preventing sale), prevent future real estate transactions until it is satisfied, and it will not go away...it continues earning interest until it is satisfied or discharged in some manner, e.g. bankruptcy.

You do not owe the court money, you do not pay the money to the court...possibly though the court in some jurisdictions, but i seriously doubt it (can you imagine the nightmarish administrative costs and red tape if courts took on the responsibility of trying to collect debts for every creditor that has a judgment against someone...it just doesn't work that way). Only CRIMINAL cases involve payments through courts, and that is for restitution/court costs that have nothing to do with "owing' someone money. A judgment is a civil case, and civil=money, i.e. you can't be jailed.

You cannot go to jail for not paying the money. The only way you could go to jail is if the judgment creditor (CC company) , in an attempt to enforce that judgment, has a hearing set in which you are ordered to appear, and you fail to appear, thus being found to be in contempt of court for disobeying the order to appear (not for not paying the money).

For example, you are served with some sort of discovery (in an attempt to discover if you have any assets to satisfy the judgment) and you ignore it and fail to answer. The judgment creditor can file an motion for enforcement and have you ordered to appear in court. If you fail to appear, a capias (warrant) will be issued for your arrest for contempt of court. You then will be arrested and brought before the judge to explain why you haven't answered the discovery and then possibly held until you do. It is also very unlikely that the creditor would pursue the 6G debt to these extremes, after all, they have to pay the attorneys to do this work and appear in court, and even though those costs can be assigned to you, they already know that there is virtually no chance of recovery so what good does that do them? They will spend their time, energy and resources pursuin larger debts that they think they can recover.

Although procedures may vary slightly by state, these are the facts. take them or leave them but that will not change the situation.

Just trying to help clarify brah...free consultation.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    A judgment is an order by a court that you owe money to someone, in your case the CC company. In this case it is called unsecured debt because there was no collateral attached to the credit extended. It is essentially just a piece of paper, although it can be "attached" to any real estate that you own (preventing sale), prevent future real estate transactions until it is satisfied, and it will not go away...it continues earning interest until it is satisfied or discharged in some manner, e.g. bankruptcy.

You do not owe the court money, you do not pay the money to the court...possibly though the court in some jurisdictions, but i seriously doubt it (can you imagine the nightmarish administrative costs and red tape if courts took on the responsibility of trying to collect debts for every creditor that has a judgment against someone...it just doesn't work that way). Only CRIMINAL cases involve payments through courts, and that is for restitution/court costs that have nothing to do with "owing' someone money. A judgment is a civil case, and civil=money, i.e. you can't be jailed.

You cannot go to jail for not paying the money. The only way you could go to jail is if the judgment creditor (CC company) , in an attempt to enforce that judgment, has a hearing set in which you are ordered to appear, and you fail to appear, thus being found to be in contempt of court for disobeying the order to appear (not for not paying the money).

For example, you are served with some sort of discovery (in an attempt to discover if you have any assets to satisfy the judgment) and you ignore it and fail to answer. The judgment creditor can file an motion for enforcement and have you ordered to appear in court. If you fail to appear, a capias (warrant) will be issued for your arrest for contempt of court. You then will be arrested and brought before the judge to explain why you haven't answered the discovery and then possibly held until you do. It is also very unlikely that the creditor would pursue the 6G debt to these extremes, after all, they have to pay the attorneys to do this work and appear in court, and even though those costs can be assigned to you, they already know that there is virtually no chance of recovery so what good does that do them? They will spend their time, energy and resources pursuin larger debts that they think they can recover.

Although procedures may vary slightly by state, these are the facts. take them or leave them but that will not change the situation.

Just trying to help clarify brah...free consultation.

12 Last