mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

I admire Asians who try to play pro sports

... it's like seeing a dog wearing clothes.

- Jack Donaghy

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah having lived in an asain hood since I was 4 I can tell you sports isnt their thing. Solid wrestlers though good at tennis and golf.

mathdotcom

And Street Fighter on both SNES and Playstation

mathdotcom

How many asians are there in the world?
    And this is the best they have?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...etes-in-sports

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Mathy thought u were part Asian

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

This coming from a long nosed, ugly f*ck who looks like one of the most unathletic white guys ever

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

an asian trying to play pro sports is like white guy trying to dance, black guy applying for med school, or hispanic guy being the only kid...

hey man, they are rare but they do exist. so what's your point op?

The Hot Pepper
    The Hot Pepper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Asians are short 2. All Asian countries are communist
    3. Asians are tiny/weak
    4. Asians are nerdy and only book smart
    5. Asians can't fight...they only do martial arts

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Smart people
    hard working
    will school Americans as far as work ethic, discipline and brains

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Ever heard of Manny Pac-Man Paquiao?

This is a blatantly racist thread and goes to show the double standard. If you said Blacks are on average less smart then you'd be racist and SBR would close up your thread. But you say Asians aren't good at sports and nothing happens.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

joke list no Dat Nguyen or Hideo Nomo

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

My favorite Asian athlete of all time is Kazushi Sakuraba. He beat 4 Gracie's in a row at a time when the Gracie's were considered virtually unbeatable.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I hoop on a weekly basis and some of the best players at the courts are Asian. I think the whole pro-sports thing is because of genes (they are not big) not because of talent. Also when you talk about pro-sports in the USA that reward size, speed, endurance, etc. No race even comes close to Blacks. They were bred for it so it's no surprise.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    And Street Fighter on both SNES and Playstation
    stuck in a corner fireball fireball fireball schrookien.......bad flashback! woaaa!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

michael chang, ichiro, great muta, antonio inoki, hines ward, will demps,
    eugene chung, patrick chung,

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

outside of juggling five fat women share with us your sports prowess mathy

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

They are too busy studying science and math while we are out playing dodgeball here in the west. These timss scores are from 2007 but the leaders and numbers are still constant through the years.

We need to get some bright asian kid here and give him the mathdot.com name. Mathy, did some Asian kid make you his bitch in mathletics or quiz bowl. Get some real mathletes here.

Mathletics!

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/rvp/pubaf/c...d14/timss.html

Eighth-grade students in Asian nations outperformed their peers worldwide in mathematics and science achievement, according to a 38-country study released last week by a research team based at the Lynch School of Education.

The study found that Singapore, the Republic of Korea, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong and Japan had the highest average achievement in eighth-grade mathematics. Chinese Taipei and Singapore had the highest average performance in science, closely followed by Hungary, Japan, and the Republic of Korea.

From the article in the Wall Street Journal called "Chinese mothers are superior"
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...528698754.html

Here are some of the things the writers daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do:

• watch TV or play computer games

• choose their own extracurricular activities

• get any grade less than an A

not be the No. 1 student in every subject except gym and drama

• play any instrument other than the piano or violin

• not play the piano or violin.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Chinese are also good at little league baseball for some reason

C-Gold

Gregm:

We are all equal. Your statistics are just racist. Kids from Nigeria and Somolia are just as smart in math as kids from Japan or Hong Kong.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

they have the womens golf market fukking cornered...considering how expensive playing golf is in asian countries, its amazing they they own that sport now

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Physically they are the weak sisters of races.

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    stuck in a corner fireball fireball fireball schrookien.......bad flashback! woaaa!

!!

They have quick thumbs

They are lucky if their rooster = size of thumb too

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Paul Kariya, Brandon Yip.

teaserpleaser

The rooster thing is actually a blessing for us non asian guys... If you've ever been with an asian chick you should know what im talking about... I dont feel bad for those little dick motherfukkers though they ALL end up with money nice cars (homes) at least the kids i went to high school with

teaserpleaser

It all evens out

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Gregm: We are all equal. Your statistics are just racist. Kids from Nigeria and Somolia are just as smart in math as kids from Japan or Hong Kong.
    I wish I could remember what book I read this in but I can't... it may have been a Malcolm Gladwell book but I'm not positive... anyway... A theory was proposed as to why Asians tend to do well at Mathematics. The theory went something like this... basic Asian numbers are short one syllable words that are easy to learn and remember. And the way their numbers progress is much easier to learn than that of languages like English. Thus, general mathematics tends to come easy for them when they are young. When people do things with ease as children they tend to be more interested in it as they grow into adolescence and adulthood. It's been years since I read this so I know that I'm not explaining it right but it made a lot of sense when I read it.

Here's a comparison... some of the first books kids read when they are young are stuff like Cat in the Hat and Dick and Jane. Stuff like that. It's fairly easy stuff so kids tend to want to learn more. But imagine if the first book you tried to read was The Pterodactyl's Rendezvous. It might turn some kids off from reading. Moral of the story... it's Asian words for numbers that make mathematics easier to learn than most languages.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I wish I could remember what book I read this in but I can't... it may have been a Malcolm Gladwell book but I'm not positive... anyway... A theory was proposed as to why Asians tend to do well at Mathematics. The theory went something like this... basic Asian numbers are short one syllable words that are easy to learn and remember. And the way their numbers progress is much easier to learn than that of languages like English. Thus, general mathematics tends to come easy for them when they are young. When people do things with ease as children they tend to be more interested in it as they grow into adolescence and adulthood. It's been years since I read this so I know that I'm not explaining it right but it made a lot of sense when I read it.

Here's a comparison... some of the first books kids read when they are young are stuff like Cat in the Hat and Dick and Jane. Stuff like that. It's fairly easy stuff so kids tend to want to learn more. But imagine if the first book you tried to read was The Pterodactyl's Rendezvous. It might turn some kids off from reading. Moral of the story... it's Asian words for numbers that make mathematics easier to learn than most languages.
    "one" is one syllable
    "two"
    "Three"
    "four"
    "Five"
    "Six"

Maybe they come from 2 parent house holds and Asian parents don't raise their kids like hood rats. I read a story in the news that 1/2 Asian kids are applying to college as "white" now because whites have lower scores and it's easier to get into a top college being "white" than being a minority asian because Asian scores are higher and they have quotas.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    "one" is one syllable "two" "Three" "four" "Five" "Six" Maybe they come from 2 parent house holds and Asian parents don't raise their kids like hood rats. I read a story in the news that 1/2 Asian kids are applying to college as "white" now because whites have lower scores and it's easier to get into a top college being "white" than being a minority asian because Asian scores are higher and they have quotas.
    Like I said... I know I'm not explaining it right but let me give another example. The number Thirty Seven in English is 4 syllables and not to mention 11 letters. Wouldn't it be easier if it was 2 syllables and only 4 letters?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Like I said... I know I'm not explaining it right but let me give another example. The number Thirty Seven in English is 4 syllables and not to mention 11 letters. Wouldn't it be easier if it was 2 syllables and only 4 letters?
    A number is a number is a number. 6 is 6 = 12 in English, Spanish, Korean.

So kids in China like math better because it's quicker to say one hundred and thirty seven? Most of the time in school it's a teacher on the board showing you what the next step is... "then you take this away from this", or "multiply this times that", "find the derivative of that".

So kids in Nigeria aren't as good at math because they have to click their mouths 8 times to say the letter 4 where as kids in China just say a one syllable word?

I think there are an awful lot of arguments here just to try and deny the obvious.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    ... it's like seeing a dog wearing clothes.

- Jack Donaghy
    Eat some humble pies!!!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Sumo.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

"south" asians not really that smart.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

who cares Asians will be running the world for the next 2000 years like the white man before them

unless the jews bring them down also

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6489

every MLB team will have an asian in 3 years. those fukks play smart ball, and are fast as fukk. they can also hit for contact with the best of em. to bad they dont juice like the Arods and ryan brauns of the world

123 Last