Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

4.6 pg (picograms)...

It means your son is positive for marijuana.

All drug test are basically done the same way. There is an initial test, usually an immunoassay. It's a way for durg testing companies to quickly screen for negatives. If that tests above a certain threshold, a confirmation test is done.

In the case of marijuana, the confirmation is looking for the active metabolite of marijuana, delta-9 THC.

Here is a link that may help:
    http://www.omegalabs.net/media/docum...D%205-8-12.pdf

As you can see from looking at the table, 4.6 is roughly 15X the 0.3pg limit to test positive on the confirmation.

Hope this helps...

If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM...I'm a medical review officer which means I review all the drug screen results which come into my medical practice.
    Last edited by Doc JS; 11-12-12 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Xariaaa
    Xariaaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I was so disappointed when I heard the results. He never lied to me so why would he start now? He swears he hasnt smoke in over a year. I as his mother want to believe him! Well... I did my research and found a very interesting article posted in June of 2012 on the National Institute of Health web page. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22465236Unexpected interference of baby wash products with a cannabinoid (THC) immunoassay.

"We have identified commonly used soap and wash products used for newborn and infant care as potential causes of false positive THC screening results."

Now what? He uses baby wash. We all use baby wash. It's the best chemical free soap on the market.

Tazmaniantex
    Tazmaniantex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Precision cleanse by synergy detox will rip you off

Synergy Detox ripped me off. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

Here is my story.
    I knew I had a hair test coming up in a few months. I am a casual user of both Opitates and Cocain. Not a heavy user at all.
    I did my research and had two options. I went with the most expensive option thinking you know you get what you pay for.
    I bought 2 bottles of the product and paid $160.00.
    They sent it to me and I waited.
    A few months later I got notified of my test. I had used very little over that time.
    I followed the directions and even bleached and redyed my hair.
    I used BOTH bottles and thought I would be ok because everything I had heard.

Well the test comes back a week later POSITIVE for opiates 596pg/** on a cut off of 100pg/**.

I was so down. I lost my job and now can only see my son supervised.

Well here is where it really gets bad.

I sent synergy detox an email saying that I failed my test and how sad I was.

They promptly responded to me saying they honored their product with a money back guarantee so just send them the failed results and they would refund the money.

That was December 3rd.

I have sent them various other emails and got excuses saying it would take a little while to process the refund.

Finally 2 weeks ago they sent me an email saying they processed the refund and I would have it by last friday.

Well here it is a WEEK later and NO REFUND.

They are not responding to emails and not answering their 800 line. THIS COMPANY HAS LIED TO ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE......

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS LYING COMPANY.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Xariaaa View Post
    I was so disappointed when I heard the results. He never lied to me so why would he start now? He swears he hasnt smoke in over a year. I as his mother want to believe him! Well... I did my research and found a very interesting article posted in June of 2012 on the National Institute of Health web page. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22465236Unexpected interference of baby wash products with a cannabinoid (THC) immunoassay.

"We have identified commonly used soap and wash products used for newborn and infant care as potential causes of false positive THC screening results."

Now what? He uses baby wash. We all use baby wash. It's the best chemical free soap on the market.
    Good luck with your denial.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

best thing to do would be to keep interviewing and make sure you can actually get the job. By the time you take a drug test, it will probably be weeks later so you may be closer to in the clear

Beth77386
    Beth77386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck

I wish you luck... My stupid azz boyfriend did two small lines (so he says)... at the end of Nov. 2012. He has this badass job offer after not working for over 8 months and they are asking for a hair test. Soooo I read a lot of articles about how to pass and all roads point back to "Nothing Works". So... We went down to an anonymous testing site and paid almost 200.00 for a pre-test... Oh and let me add that he smoked a little weed at Christmas. Well.... The weed didnt show up but the coke did. Im soooo pissed. And the advise is right about not wasting money or time on shampoo's or home remedies. I had a friend who used it and still failed for coke and weed and he wasnt a heavy user. Let me say to you... Dont listen to these other trolls preaching to you! It's your life and you do what you do... And no one should judge. I personally stay away from drugs. What pisses me off is that someone can use nasty drugs and pass a urine test... But if you smoke weed your busted for up to twenty something days or longer. Oh well... I'll get off my soap box and I do wish you the best of luck... Keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Honestly,

you fukks

If you haven't got any things useful to contribute in helping me, get the fukk outta of the thread...

This could be life changing for me...

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Check Grasscity forum they have a huge thread. But you to bleach your hair to remove everything out ouf of it and use hair straightner or relaxer for black woman and you should be good.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xariaaa View Post

The article you're referencing is concerning the immunoassay. False negatives occur with a lot of drugs on the immunoassay. If the immunoassay (initial screen) is positive then they go to the GC/MS for confirmation. AND THE ONLY THING THE GC/MS TESTS FOR IS THE ACTIVE METABOLITE OF THE DRUG YOU TESTED POSITIVE FOR. In this case delta 9 THC. and the test only bangs you positive if you fail the screen (immunoassay) and the confirmation (GC/MS).

You son tested positive for THC. Now, it doesn't necessarily mean he smoked...his girlfriend could have put in the brownies she baked. But know this, he's positive. As for how the THC got into his system...you can believe whatever you want.

Doc

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck lkid. I see some people drink wheatgrass to cleanse their system but I think it was for a piss test.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

I love how follicle testing is BARELY admissible in court; usually only for murder cases, and almost always require supplementary proof outside of the HFT, yet employers would rather relieve themselves of all liability and 'catch cheaters' than use the most efficient and informative methods. This coming from someone that was actually honest with their potential employer for a 6 figure job, and is being granted the requisite time to clean my system out.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Did you get the job Lkid?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    None

I did a Fukkin line this AM

Illini might know