sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Bell Canada will constantly harass you for switching home phone providers

Several months ago I took Rogers up on their offer of bundling home phone with other services I used them for (cable tv, internet)..The phone # was previously in Bell's control. Rogers took it over. Constant harassment from Bell. Every fukkin' day. They use auto dialers, there's no-one on the other end. Even with the ringer turned off on my phone they can make it ring and the ring tone is an annoying one, not the one I have it set to. I Googled these numbers and was taken to forums where it's being discussed. Bell is trying to make it miserable so you'll throw in the towel and return to them for home phone service. Hoping you'll say "Oh shit, this never happened when I was with Bell, it only started when I went with Rogers. Time to switch back".

I receive a letter from them each week inviting me to return, along with the occasional phone call with a special offer. Gee thanks! Those pricks will never have me as a customer for anything.

If this is happening to you after leaving Bell, Google the phone numbers and email the CRTC with the links.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

go to an office and make death threats

sickler
    Facade 101

If the harassment doesn't stop gonna have to take it up a notch. Mass spam emails making them out to be the devil

sickler
    Facade 101

Bump for Bell

Good thing is that although Canadians are greatly outnumbered at SBR, google searches will point my non-gambling fellow canucks to this thread.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

dont post this crap at SBR.....

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    dont post this crap at SBR.....
    Piss off, yankee!

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Bell Canada will constantly harass you for switching home phone providers.
    Lately plommer has been getting calls from "Prime Minister Stephen Harpers office" looking for a $200 donation to support the conservatives "tough on crime" bill.

It's always a 613 area code number.

Plommer would rather deposit the $200 in to Pinnacle.

sickler
    Facade 101

Hey Plommer, election time is murder for these unwanted calls.

'zactly, $200 to be a pro, it's my dream. One of these days, one of these days...

sickler
    Facade 101

Several months ago I took Rogers up on their offer of bundling home phone with other services I used them for (cable tv, internet)..The phone # was previously in Bell's control. Rogers took it over. Constant harassment from Bell. Every fukkin' day. They use auto dialers, there's no-one on the other end. Even with the ringer turned off on my phone they can make it ring and the ring tone is an annoying one, not the one I have it set to. I Googled these numbers and was taken to forums where it's being discussed. Bell is trying to make it miserable so you'll throw in the towel and return to them for home phone service. Hoping you'll say "Oh shit, this never happened when I was with Bell, it only started when I went with Rogers. Time to switch back".

I receive a letter from them each week inviting me to return, along with the occasional phone call with a special offer. Gee thanks! Those pricks will never have me as a customer for anything.

If this is happening to you after leaving Bell, Google the phone numbers and email the CRTC with the links.
    I messed up with this. I mentioned this to someone the other day and he told me with Rogers it's a different ring tone for long distance. Not so with Bell. So I look like a misinformed idiot to the CRTC.

Folks continue to complain about the pricks at Bell

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Bell certainly are bastards. That said, I have no love for Rogers. Hate 'em both.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    Bell certainly are bastards. That said, I have no love for Rogers. Hate 'em both.
    Are you with Rogers? Nice notice in the mail the other day. Jacking up the rates on everything.

betplom
    maniac

Are you with Rogers? Nice notice in the mail the other day. Jacking up the rates on everything.
    Jays are signing free agents. Rogers needs the cash.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Plommer - lol. Where's my Darvish!!!

Sickler - Not w/ those blood suckers any more. Well sorta, my cell is on their discount spin-off brand.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Jays are signing free agents. Rogers needs the cash.
    They can compete with the deepest pockets (Yankees et al)

Rogers is doing better than when they had a monopoly on cable tv.

sickler
    Facade 101

Plommer WTF!

betplom
    maniac

Plommer WTF!
    Just more meaningless ruester sucking pal.

You fukkin oister!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I remember when I switched my landline from Rogers to Bell, what ended up happening was anyone who called my number from a Bell line was redirected to a dry cleaner, anyone who called from a Rogers line got through to me. Unbelievably fukked up.