Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone tried P90X before?

Just curious, is that stuff worth it? Does is work?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Go to a gym.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

friends and fam say it works great...

Call82

Dont wanna spend the money in a gym, freaking expensive over here in Germany...from what I heard its supposed to work good and you dont need to spend alot of money on equipment...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

p90x is intense and it will definitely work if you follow the guidelines. It is a much more balanced work out routine than going to a gym working 1 muscle a day. If you're not already in decent shape you won't be able to do P90x.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

i love these threads, can't wait for someone to come in and say it works great

Lifting slowly is ten times better than that explosive shit

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I love it more when one of the fattest fuks on the forum tries to give fitness advice

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I love it more when one of the fattest fuks on the forum tries to give fitness advice
    lift slow hawley.

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    Dont wanna spend the money in a gym, freaking expensive over here in Germany...from what I heard its supposed to work good and you dont need to spend alot of money on equipment...
    The diet is the most disciplined part.

Need to be in moderate shape to take it on. Dont be a 350 pound fatty trying to do an hour of push ups.

Won't get you Mayan sized. But WILL improve your physique.

I fly for a living so finding constant gym was tough on the road. This worked.

Again, Stick to the diet.

GL

Call82

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    That

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I don't know anyone that has used the system, but I bet that you would see some positive results if you gave it a go. Doesn't it recommend lots of compound exercises for high reps? If so, it will kick your ass. I am in a cycle of doing 25 reps with light weight and I'm looking/ feeling like a phenom.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by hardball View Post
    The diet is the most disciplined part.

Need to be in moderate shape to take it on. Dont be a 350 pound fatty trying to do an hour of push ups.

Won't get you Mayan sized. But WILL improve your physique.

I fly for a living so finding constant gym was tough on the road. This worked.

Again, Stick to the diet.

GL
    hardball is right again..

Diet is the most important part.. Big or small..

And I have heard that p90 works great.. But the real question is DO YOU HAVE THE DEDICATION??

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

P90x is a gimmick product with really good marketing. There's nothing special about it. You workout 1hr/day, 6days/week and limit calories. Of course you will lose weight if you're eating like shit and lazy, going into it.

The biggest problem with it though is that it's a one size fits all program. How is that good for YOU? It's not. It's the same workout for everyone, male or female, fat or skinny and does not take anything into consideration. Individualization is the future pal, get on board and educate yourself. Don't buy the hype.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

ttwarrior1

yes lifting slowly is better, even chuck norris would agree.

There is and can only be one valid theory of anything, there can't be 2 valid theories. Only 1

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    P The biggest problem with it though is that it's a one size fits all program. How is that good for YOU? It's not. It's the same workout for everyone, male or female, fat or skinny and does not take anything into consideration. Individualization is the future pal, get on board and educate yourself. Don't buy the hype.
    False.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

High3rEl3m3nt

There is and can only be one valid theory of anything, there can't be 2 valid theories. Only 1
    This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever seen you post....very surprised to see a certified personal trainer make such an ignorant statement.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by hardball View Post
    False.
    Hardball, it wasn't an opinion. it's fact. It cannot be false. It's a fukking DVD workout pal, there's no customization. You cannot individualize it. When you start to change it, it's not longer P90x and that's the point. It's too rigid. Anyways, 6 days/week, 1hr/day is way too much. Even p90x2 attempted to correct this by allowing one more day of rest if needed, so at best it's 5days/week, 1hr/day. Still too much.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It definitely works if you stick to it. Healthy eating is certainly key as well. Bottom line if warrior thinks it's stupid then it's probably going to help you.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    It definitely works if you stick to it. Healthy eating is certainly key as well. Bottom line if warrior thinks it's stupid then it's probably going to help you.
    , hard to argue with that logic. It is however an unsustainable system workout. I've know A LOT of people start and never finish. Or go through it once and then get off it. It can't be maintained but by very few people.

MHawk
    MHawk's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends what your goals are, lose fat gain muscle? If your in decent enough shape its a great for overall fitness, but it wont turn you into Arnold

ttwarrior1

wow you people are way off

Did you know current mr olympia takes ten seconds to raise the weight and ten to lower

Did you know 1st mr olympia dorian yates recommends 15 up and 15 down on reps

Did u know dorian yates recommends 6 sec up and 6 down and if your lifting for a sport, health to lift even slower?

People that use explosive form, lifting fast, etc do nothing but get injured like vic martinez a couple days ago.

Did you know muscles fully contract in the fully contracted position and no raising or lowering of the weights are even needed.

Nobody on this forum know more about weight training or exercise more than I.

Why does arnold Schwartnigger need to revise his book every 2 years? Whats changed that he had to change something? If he changed it it had to of been wrong. Oh yeh thats right, he has to tell people to do some fad workout so he can continue to make money on the book.

I could go all day. You don't have over 100 emails waiting in your inbox like i do to train people.

ttwarrior1

Who cares about certifications, anyone can become a certified trainer . who certifies the certifier and who certifies them? The answer is noone. Then a year after you become certified it will expire and you have to pay money or you'll lose your memory of what you learned

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

, hard to argue with that logic. It is however an unsustainable system workout. I've know A LOT of people start and never finish. Or go through it once and then get off it. It can't be maintained but by very few people.
    Yeah I agree. The vast majority of people won't finish, I didnt finish completely but basically started over. You dont have to follow it exactly though to gain something from it. If you dont follow it exactly though you still have to push yourself to do as much as possible. It's easy to say "fukk I can't do this" and then give up, but pushing yourself as much as you can will still lead to results.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Do you not understand the definition of a 'theory' Of COURSE there can be more than one.

High3rEl3m3nt

TT, please save yourself. You won't live for another ten years in your current state. In five years, a CNA will be at your house helping you wipe your ass. So many scenes from What's Eating Gilbert Grape come to mind whenever I read one of your posts. Save youself...just...save yourself.

The Kraken

Ya, I tried it a few years ago, just to give it a shot. Got through about 3/4's and knee started acting up so I gave it up. I've since moved on. You frequently hear that diet has to be a lifestyle or else it will ultimately fail and it's very true. Same with exercising.

But I will concede the point that p90x is a better option than nothing. It will produce results, which should be obvious. It's a lot of activity and eating healthy. Nothing ground breaking. I guess if used as a stepping stone into exercising and getting in shape, there's nothing wrong with it.

Odd that King Mayan and TTWarrior both agree that it's not a great choice yet are polar opposites in terms of physical fitness. TT probably doesn't like it because it involves moving

"Match in the gas tank, boom-boom"

The Kraken

wow you people are way off Did you know current mr olympia takes ten seconds to raise the weight and ten to lower Did you know 1st mr olympia dorian yates recommends 15 up and 15 down on reps Did u know dorian yates recommends 6 sec up and 6 down and if your lifting for a sport, health to lift even slower? People that use explosive form, lifting fast, etc do nothing but get injured like vic martinez a couple days ago. Did you know muscles fully contract in the fully contracted position and no raising or lowering of the weights are even needed. Nobody on this forum know more about weight training or exercise more than I. Why does arnold Schwartnigger need to revise his book every 2 years? Whats changed that he had to change something? If he changed it it had to of been wrong. Oh yeh thats right, he has to tell people to do some fad workout so he can continue to make money on the book. I could go all day. You don't have over 100 emails waiting in your inbox like i do to train people.
    You need to read a lot less and DO a lot more

Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.
    Tuna Fish Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

All you need are squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and bench presses. Back it up with a good diet and you'll get great results within 3 months. Add some low-intensity cardio into the mix if you want to burn body fat a bit faster.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

wow you people are way off

Did you know current mr olympia takes ten seconds to raise the weight and ten to lower

Did you know 1st mr olympia dorian yates recommends 15 up and 15 down on reps

Did u know dorian yates recommends 6 sec up and 6 down and if your lifting for a sport, health to lift even slower?

People that use explosive form, lifting fast, etc do nothing but get injured like vic martinez a couple days ago.

Did you know muscles fully contract in the fully contracted position and no raising or lowering of the weights are even needed.

Nobody on this forum know more about weight training or exercise more than I.

Why does arnold Schwartnigger need to revise his book every 2 years? Whats changed that he had to change something? If he changed it it had to of been wrong. Oh yeh thats right, he has to tell people to do some fad workout so he can continue to make money on the book.

I could go all day. You don't have over 100 emails waiting in your inbox like i do to train people.
    what a lying fat sack of shit....i wouldnt let you pay me to train me let alone the other way around. i think you're confusing those emails with the penis enlargement website you subscribed to back in '06

Yich123
    Yich123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

it definitely works but listen, you gotta be able to commit to the schedule, if you start slacking it won't and nothing will work unless you are consistent with your workouts. good luck!

HellSpawn
    HellSpawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

bro I started with P90X on this new year... but left that to the side for now... that is more with weighs and it should be dne when you are already in shape... I do suggest you do Insanity if you have visible body fat... that program will burn it all and then you can start with P90X... GL ma man... I am on the same path as you