BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

nope, you'll hate having it after a year, unless you throw parties every other week

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    I'm about to fill in the pool. Too much money and too much hassle. But love the hot tub.
    hows the maintenence on a hot tub? and does it blow up the electric bill?

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

As others have said, not worth it for the minimal summer usage. Get a hot tub instead that's good year round.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Going to a public pool is a bad gamble. No thanks. Public pools negatives outweigh private pool negatives.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    Worth it. The new saltwater pools don't require nearly the maintenance and you can get an auto sweeper to run at night. Sure it will run you some maintenance dollars, but if you are in a hot climate, it's worth it, and if you like entertaining, you always have friends up for a pool party.
    It's salt water. Im going to check it out tomorrow. They just put in a new liner and it has a new cover.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

LOL at these yanks thinking the summer is short in Ontario. Go check Google Maps and see how many people have pools... In the suburbs, it's probably over 75%. It is 40+ (100+ for you yanks) from May to September.

Although I'd still say hot tub because the hot tub in the winter is UNREAL. Getting girls in bikinis (or naked) in the winter is infinite times easier if you have a hot tub.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    It's salt water. Im going to check it out tomorrow. They just put in a new liner and it has a new cover.
    If you are going new now, get gunite instead of a lined pool. Cost more but you won't have leaks in a few years.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    LOL at these yanks thinking the summer is short in Ontario. Go check Google Maps and see how many people have pools... In the suburbs, it's probably over 75%. It is 40+ (100+ for you yanks) from May to September.

Although I'd still say hot tub because the hot tub in the winter is UNREAL. Getting girls in bikinis (or naked) in the winter is infinite times easier if you have a hot tub.
    Best case scenario for Rob is four months (mid May- mid Sept)...not 6 or 7

jamaicabraden
    jamaicabraden's Avatar Become A Pro!

having a pool is really great but i do prefer inflatable pool this time. i have kids so it's hard to check them all the time. and yes, maintenance is one of the negative.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 12-12-13 at 04:03 PM.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I decided against getting the house with the pool. I am 80% sure Im building a new house.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

No. Overrated.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

In Ontario using it 6 or 7 months a year

Dude, you'll be lucky to get 3 months unless you want your balls disappearing in your stomach.

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

depends where you live, how much you like water, if you have kids, if you can afford a pool boy, how much you trust your wife

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

My brother just bought a house with a nice indoor pool. He laid flooring across it but kept the hot tub. Hot tubs worth it for sure.

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Negatives? Your wife will cheat with the pool boy.

First 12