Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

If sex were painful...

would us and all animal species go extinct?

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

We may never know the answer to this question. Are you currently in a philosophy class in college?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

No doubt

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

All kinds of basketball and football on...and you're worrying about having sex with animals? You may want to see someone about that

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

No. Childbirth is painful and women still choose to do it. Same situation

Reproduction is our most basic urge.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ask praying mantis males they keep coming back

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    would us and all animal species go extinct?
    Sex is painful for female cats, and they're still here.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Dice,
    No I am not in any philosophy class, but for the majority of my life I have been trying to figure out answers other people do not wish to learn. When you keep asking 'why' we do things, you eventually hit a wall. I am trying to break through that wall.

Chili, that is an interesting fact regarding female cats.

This brings us to the next question of what then drives the cats to have sex in the first place?

And for the majority of species where sex is pleasurable, why is it pleasurable? What force made it pleasurable in order for us to continue doing it?

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

yes

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Dice,
    No I am not in any philosophy class, but for the majority of my life I have been trying to figure out answers other people do not wish to learn. When you keep asking 'why' we do things, you eventually hit a wall. I am trying to break through that wall.

This brings us to the next question of what then drives the cats to have sex in the first place?

And for the majority of species where sex is pleasurable, why is it pleasurable? What force made it pleasurable in order for us to continue doing it?
    The force of procreation. God works in mysterious ways

leeloo
    leeloo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dice,

interesting question.
    There is an area in the brain that gets activated when we have sex. Call it the pleasure center.
    This same area lights up when we eat. Both for obvious reasons (to procreate & survive).
    What's also very interesting is how music is another way to activates this area (only when we're really moved by a song). Neuro-scientists are doing lots of cool research on this ... They are probably our best bet to come up with some answers. Good luck.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

because animals and women are all attention whores. they will have painful sex as long as someone will pay attention to them. i think it's a fair trade.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9195

I think rape would be more common if human extinction was an issue.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

The reason that sex is painful for female cats is because the male's penis have about 100 spines/barbs that point backwards (kind of like little fishhooks). That's why you hear those horrible howling sounds when cats are mating. There is a purpose for these spines, of course. When the male pulls out, the spines scrape the inner walls of the female's vagina, which stimulates ovulation.

As to what drives animals to have sex; that is a thought-provoking question that I don't have an answer to. What drives a newborn human infant to suckle at his mother's breast? Instinct. But where does that instinct come from? Our genetic code perhaps?

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

There are some species that procreate and die, so a little pain wouldn't stop nature