UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Fuk AT&T i swear, charge you for everything

I got the Iphone 4s in October, previous to having that phone i had the Iphone 3gs. My mom has always wanted a iphone but she never wanted to pay $15-30 bucks a month for the data plan on the phone. When i upgraded to my phone i gave her my old 3gs(this phone isnt under contract), and i told her when shes at the house she can use the wifi to get on the internet on the phone.

After about a month ATT hits up my mom and says since your using a Iphone you have to pay for a data plan. This is total horseshit. The phone is being used in a Wi-FI zone only. Since ATT isnt making any money off the phone they say the phone has to have a data plan. They say as long as a sim card from ATT is in a iphone it must have a data plan regardless of if the phone is under contract or not. I tell them this premise is stupid because my mom can just take her sim card out the iphone and put it in her other phone and continue to use the iphone in wifi zones so theirs no difference. So basically what i get from this is after you upgrade a smart phone you might as well throw your old one in the garbage cause you cant even use it anymore without being slapped on another data plan.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Get it unlocked my friend.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I know what u mean.

I have a problem maybe it's a simple solution I am missing but my problem is

I recently got the iphone4s also and was gonna sell my iPhone3gs so I did a master reset and made it like how it is when comes out factor deleting everything. Now I decided I will just give this to my kid to play games and YouTube with the wifi, but now the phone won't even pick up any wifi signals, I tried to manually do it but nothing. Is it cus it is not activated anymore?? It still has my old AT&T sim in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Would really like the wifi working so my kid won't want my new phone to play damn angry birds and such

paco

Any iPhone savy posters can help with my problem posted above about the wifi?

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Any iPhone savy posters can help with my problem posted above about the wifi?
    When you reset the phone, you probably turned of wi-fi too. Make sure it is on.

ttrace35

Also paco. When you get a new phone, you have to configure it specifically to the modem/router in your house. Re-connect your phone to the router. Probably have to re-enter your router password in the phone.

paco

Wifi is on trace. I will try the other thing u said though. Thx

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    Get it unlocked my friend.
    Can you explain? I thought unlocked meant not under contract. This is already the case. I can unlock the phone and my mom can still use the phone on ATT?

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

U have to jailbreak ur phone. I am not savvy with that though. Maybe someone who knows what they are doing can walk u through it. Try googling jailbreak and see if it's something u could figure out. Good luck

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Wifi is on trace. I will try the other thing u said though. Thx
    Yea pac. That's most likely the problem. I had to link my girls new ipad to the router.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I went and got a new phone yesterday and this snatch who was selling me this shit kept trying to get me to add all kinds of shit and i said 5 times what i wanted and what i was gonna pay and then i said "why dont you just stick your fukking hand in my poket and rob me". The kid she was training busted out in laughter while she nearly shit herself cause i said it loud, hope i didnt get the trainee fired.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nickel and dime the mother fukkers. I duked Comcast for 100 dollars yesterday. Fukk them. You gotta be cut-throat in business Nickkkaaay!

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

Wal Mart's Straight Talk phones run on ATT here. I am ordering a Nokia E71 from them and the $45 unlimited everything. Taking the SIM out of it a putting it in my old 3gs. Iphone for $45/month. Giving it to my Sister.

There are how to's on Youtube and Howardforums.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post

Can you explain? I thought unlocked meant not under contract. This is already the case. I can unlock the phone and my mom can still use the phone on ATT?
    Yea, somewhere in your city, there will be people who can unlock cell phones. When your iPhone becomes unlocked, AT&T will no longer know that you're on their network with a phone that is locked with them... or better yet, you can use your "AT&T" iPhone on other networks.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    I went and got a new phone yesterday and this snatch who was selling me this shit kept trying to get me to add all kinds of shit and i said 5 times what i wanted and what i was gonna pay and then i said "why dont you just stick your fukking hand in my poket and rob me". The kid she was training busted out in laughter while she nearly shit herself cause i said it loud, hope i didnt get the trainee fired.
    People on commission don't give a shit what we want.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I got the Iphone 4s in October, previous to having that phone i had the Iphone 3gs. My mom has always wanted a iphone but she never wanted to pay $15-30 bucks a month for the data plan on the phone. When i upgraded to my phone i gave her my old 3gs(this phone isnt under contract), and i told her when shes at the house she can use the wifi to get on the internet on the phone.

After about a month ATT hits up my mom and says since your using a Iphone you have to pay for a data plan. This is total horseshit. The phone is being used in a Wi-FI zone only. Since ATT isnt making any money off the phone they say the phone has to have a data plan. They say as long as a sim card from ATT is in a iphone it must have a data plan regardless of if the phone is under contract or not. I tell them this premise is stupid because my mom can just take her sim card out the iphone and put it in her other phone and continue to use the iphone in wifi zones so theirs no difference. So basically what i get from this is after you upgrade a smart phone you might as well throw your old one in the garbage cause you cant even use it anymore without being slapped on another data plan.
    I'm confused. All smart phones require a data plan. What does upgrading a dumb phone to a smart phone have to do with another data plan? If you can use the phone without a sim card, like you said, you have nothing to worry about. ATT cannot do anything if you aren't using their network.

Paco. The problem was buying an IPHONE. Since that device is so locked down you have no choice but to jailbreak it. For more information on the matter type in redmondpie into a search. Please note if you have IOS 5 you will have to downgrade it. Please read everything before attempting.
    Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 12-29-11 at 03:43 PM.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    People on commission don't give a shit what we want.
    Thats why i embarrassed the fukking twat.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

I think im the only one in the universe that does not have a cell phone.Thats right i do not have one.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I am running my iPhone 4 off of straight talk for 45/month. Here is the best "how to" I have come across (it's what got my phone working).

I did this for a friend following the exact same steps using the iphone 3gs

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

switch to prepaid, problem solved.

i used to pay nearly $100 with att now just $25 (including tax, fees etc).

prepaid has good selection of android smartphones nowadays so no excuse.