BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status
    BiGTonyHAHA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

Ipads for soldiers

anyone feel the need to donate a little something for the holidays. as I am a former veteran of OIF. this hits esp. close to home its ipadsforsoldiers.org you can donate a ipad or money using paypal or cc or a bill me later. its a great cause as most of the military up in the mountains of aghanstian dont have access to talk to there loved ones for the holidays and a little something will help.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

The premise of the organization is awesome but I'd be a little iffy on it not only for the fact that the iPads won't make it through a full deployment in a lot of cases (weather/sand/everything its around will break it) and also I don't think there is a single camp without wifi already and even the lower enlisted already buy up the latest electronics either before leaving or from the PX/AAFES on Phoenix when they roll through there or Bagram now.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I went through 2 laptops in Iraq lol

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

when your out on patrol or in the mountainous regions of afghanstian most dnt bring there laptops. the ipad is smaller and easier to share with your fellow battle buddy then say wanting to let some borrow your computer. its a very legitmate organization and you can always just donate money. I dont have 500 bucks to donate a new ipad but i did have some money to contribute to put money towards one.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTonyHAHA View Post
    when your out on patrol or in the mountainous regions of afghanstian most dnt bring there laptops. the ipad is smaller and easier to share with your fellow battle buddy then say wanting to let some borrow your computer. its a very legitmate organization and you can always just donate money. I dont have 500 bucks to donate a new ipad but i did have some money to contribute to put money towards one.

I'm guessing you were with the Engineer corps maybe? It's one thing for the fobbits guarding the DFAC and the gym but if my guys EVER whipped out a pad or had ipods in their ears during a tactical move....

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

haha no i was light infantry in fob cropper stuck doin prisoner transport for mps. I agree with you but no ipods just ipads its easier to talk to your families and send pictures back and forth. was no headphones in your sop? lol

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

haha no military guarded our dfac... all somalians with aks.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTonyHAHA View Post
    haha no military guarded our dfac... all somalians with aks.
    I was meaning the NBC MOS guys who pulled guard duty at night for the FOB/camp and when we'd be gearing down to do an AAR or grab the next mission info and those kids would be running around pad to pad with their ACUs turned inside out and playing OPFOR for 'training' and would then pose for pics to put up on their Facebook later that night. Good times

And yep the no ear phones policy was definitely handed down on the in country briefs when we first got down range.....I'll never forget actually having to read a powerpoint slide telling my platoon not to be pissing in water bottles and tossing them to the local kids because thats the same kid who's gonna take revenge by sending a round through your buddy's head next week when you walk through....unreal I jumped right to the questions, comments, concerns close and got the hell of the floor.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

AARs huh? nothin like being up for hours on end and the oic chillin in the dfac drinkin hes 80th coca cola with pts on wants an aar before we catch up on a few Z's

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

if your an officer no offense. sir lol

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

i just give them my scrambled egg mre. much worse then urine in a 1 liter bottle.