Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Bose Speakers

Recently purchased Bose 301 Series V speakers. Opened up package and found nothing in it but the two speakers. No wires or anything. I'm not at all familiar with speakers and how to set them up. What additional wiring must I buy? Where can I get them? Also, how dp I connect them to a mac laptop? I'm a newbie to sound systems so bare with me.

Will provide points for those who can help.

Manual is here

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsup...01_series5.pdf

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Return them. Most overrated speakers in the industry. You're simply paying for a name.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I'd rather learn how to set them up and see for myself before I do that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Most Bose systems have a separate receiver that comes with the speakers. They most certainly have wires. Did you buy them black market or from a store?

Vitooch
    Dayman

Bought them at Best Buy. They do not come with wiring as stated in the manual but I don't see a receiver. Can I buy that separately?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Oh I see, they are bookshelf. Just use any speaker wire. It should work if both receiver and speaker are female.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

PS you'll connect your laptop to the receiver via 8mm headphone jack.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Don't think I have speaker wire or a receiver. Where should I buy them. Do I need to buy a specific kind of receiver? And how do I connect it to a laptop?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Any 5.1 should work. You don't need anything fancy just make sure you tell the salesman exactly what you want to use it for. BB has speaker wire too.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Are you 12 years old or a housewife recently divorced? Read your own manual or go back to the store and ask some 18 year old kid to explain it to you.

You should be extremely embarrassed with yourself.

God bless.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Are you 12 years old or a housewife recently divorced? Read your own manual or go back to the store and ask some 18 year old kid to explain it to you.

You should be extremely embarrassed with yourself.

God bless.
    Shut the **** up you oyster.

Vitooch
    Dayman

lol oyster

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Return them. Most overrated speakers in the industry. You're simply paying for a name.
    Truth. You need AWG wire. You'll probably have to splice it unless they sell it already primped.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Those are shit for speakers, sorry, just true

Polk STi100 is a very good small speaker for the $$$

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Shut the **** up you oyster.
    This fukking clown walks into a Best Buy, picks up overrated Bose speakers, doesn't look into what comes with the product, has no clue how to install them, and posts tech support help on a sports betting forum.

This fukking hamburger bought these speakers from a garage sale or Salvation Army, that's why he has no idea what to do with them and why he isn't an SBR Pro. Broke fukk.

Come to SBR to post winners, you fukk.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I think it's hilarious that he doesn't have a receiver, nor does he have any idea that he needs one. How do you use speakers without a receiver...I seriously don't know. I have sonos so I guess that's one way but not many others.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

This fukking clown walks into a Best Buy, picks up overrated Bose speakers, doesn't look into what comes with the product, has no clue how to install them, and posts tech support help on a sports betting forum.

This fukking hamburger bought these speakers from a garage sale or Salvation Army, that's why he has no idea what to do with them and why he isn't an SBR Pro. Broke fukk.

Come to SBR to post winners, you fukk.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

"where do i find speaker wire?" haha. maybe next a how to bake a cake thread. "where do you find frosting and flour?"

Coachep
    Coachep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Don't forget to get a gallon of tweeter fluid. They won't sound right without it.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Just make sure you get Monster cable for them or they won't work.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Blose

Vitooch
    Dayman

Wow there are some bitter people on this website...jesus. I didnt know anything about sound systems and how they work, and the manual didnt exactly provide enough informantion for a newbie like me. As usual, i figured out what i needed to buy on my own. This thread in further proof that most people on this forum are losers who pride themselves of being assholes for no apparent reason.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Now I feel very stupid. I bought bookshelf speakers that require a receiver when I should have bought these computer speakers instead that don't require a receiver and come with the necessary wiring.

http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/...-33714389.html

Very excited to return my bose and get my hands on these.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Wow there are some bitter people on this website...jesus. I didnt know anything about sound systems and how they work, and the manual didnt exactly provide enough informantion for a newbie like me. As usual, i figured out what i needed to buy on my own. This thread in further proof that most people on this forum are losers who pride themselves of being assholes for no apparent reason.
    Grown man doesn't know how to buy speakers in 2011 despite actually being in the audio department of a BestBuy and calls us losers. Classic.

We aren't bitter, you're just too stupid not to make fun of, pal. Next time try not to be such a big hamburger and post some winners.

God bless.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Grown man doesn't know how to buy speakers in 2011 despite actually being in the audio department of a BestBuy and calls us losers. Classic.

We aren't bitter, you're just too stupid not to make fun of, pal. Next time try not to be such a big hamburger and post some winners.

God bless.
    I made a hasty purchase, I admit. I am very knowledgeable in technology, but products dealing with audio is just not my forte. I probably could have come to the realization that I was buying the wrong kind of speakers with a little more research, but I thought maybe I can get some confirmation from some SBR guys. That's the last time I will bother doing that.

I just don't see the point of wasting your time ranting about something silly like this. Didn't realize how important this issue to you.

Happy Holidays