Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

For hundreds of years, all the sharpest minds in the world have been athiest.

You must be a Believer

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    You must be a Believer

You're going to get me on spelling?

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

buddhism

Sam Odom

I was j/k - Too easy tho

Sam Odom

For hundreds of years, all the sharpest minds in the world have been atheist.

This is too easy to destroy Since you said "all" all I need to do is provide one Believer of say the top 1000 sharpest people in the last 200yrs. Sharpest = IQ >140

Okay?

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Or try the treaty of Tripoli (1797) on for size.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams, October 11, 1798

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." <sub>
    --The Trumpet Voice of Freedom: Patrick Henry of Virginia, p. iii.</sub>

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You got it backwards. Religion is the ultimate public play. It's well documented that lack of intelligence is proportional to level of religious belief. For hundreds of years, all the sharpest minds in the world have been atheist*.
    It's not the play on SBR.

Life isn't all about intelligence. Gamblers are some of the most close-minded and naive people in this world. I even put myself in this category at times. There is so much out there we do not know.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

This is too easy to destroy Since you said "all" all I need to do is provide one Believer of say the top 1000 sharpest people in the last 200yrs. Sharpest = IQ >140

Okay?
    I'm sure you can find a token handful of intelligent theists, but that doesn't really change the fact that stupid people = religious and smart people = atheists

Sam Odom

it's all good brother

merry christmas

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Atheism is a religious label. If you say you are an atheist, you are acknowledging God by denying that there is a God. When people ask me about my religious beliefs, I say "nothing".
    good one

90% of those who call themselves "atheist" are opinionated freaks who are looking for a some intellectual fight around every corner

figured out there's no god, great. now get over yourself

most atheists are also politically correct leftists who hate Christianity to the core yet appease Islam

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Be a non practicing Christian like most Americans. That way you can whore around, gamble and cuss and then pray to God that the Iowa Hawkeyes win.

(And by Iowa Hawkeyes I mean the greatest team on God's green earth.)

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    good one 90% of those who call themselves "atheist" are opinionated freaks who are looking for a some intellectual fight around every corner figured out there's no god, great. now get over yourself most atheists are also politically correct leftists who hate Christianity to the core yet appease Islam
    It's true that I am opinionated although I don't consider myself a freak. I'm definitely not politically correct nor am I a leftist. I despise most religions on nearly an equal level. Although if I had to rate the worst religions I would start with Islam and then Christianity... and then after that... I wouldn't care so much because not too many other religions have much political power. It disturbs me deeply that if you don't believe in Virgin Births and Talking Snakes you have absolutely no chance of being elected President of the United States. 100 years from now... if the United States still exists... people will look back on us and think "was the majority of the population really that naive and stupid?" The answer is... Yes... unfortunately we are.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 12-14-11 at 11:03 PM.

Sam Odom

Virgin Births and Talking Snakes are easy to accept if one believes in an eternal entity that created the universe Ex nihilo

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

zoroastrianism

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

zoroastrianism

many surmise it's the root of the big 3

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

John Frum. Clip of them below:

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm sure you can find a token handful of intelligent theists, but that doesn't really change the fact that stupid people = religious and smart people = atheists
    smartest=agnostic
    It's kind of like the religious are level one poker players, they just play their cards.

Atheists are level two, they think about what cards the other person may have.

Then there are agnostics at level three, who think about what other people might think they are holding.

They probably have observed some religious people around them, are knowledgeable about science and history, and have determined it can't be the answer. Then during a subsequent athiestic phase, they observed the scientific theories and rigid athiestic mindset don't mesh with the unbelievable complexity and beauty in the world. SO then they accept their own limitations and decide there is no way to know for sure, there is too much we can't possibly comprehend.

Then there are levels above this in which the subject determines what is best for him/her, deciding to have faith in religion or atheism. These people are intelligent, but often indiscernable from the level ones and twos since their beliefs in the end are so similar to level ones and twos, although maybe for different reasons and by a different path. Just be careful who you call stupid.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

biomar, i think you shouldn't focus on the word religion, but on the word - faith, because a lot of "religious" people don't have faith in the principles of their religion, so even if you will call yourself - a Christian, a Muslim, a Juda - and your actions won't reflect your beliefs - you will become a hypocrite, won't you?
    so you should choose what you believe in -
    1. Jesus Christ, who has died for the sins of the humanity, and you go to heaven if you accept him as your Savior, and you follow him and his words in your life.
    Or if you don't accept his sacrifice, you may believe that you will
    2. receive salvation through Messiah who will come, but hasn't come yet(judaism- correct me if I am wrong)
    3. believe that all that is HS or BS, and be an a classic example of many atheists from this forum, - by the way it's a belief too - because you nobody has found any proof of the world evolving from dust. It is believed by people that based on there speculations which have been false so many times

I do accept the first scenario and state that it's a true one, in fact it's not Judaism focusing on human-to-human relationships - it's God and Jesus christ focusing on human-to-human relationships in a correct way through the Bible particularly, (Jews use the old testament as a guideline)
    Last edited by bozeman; 12-15-11 at 05:49 AM.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

and that has what to do with the fact i stated?

Oh I know... If Facts do not fit your agenda you obfuscate
    Since when do Christians deal in fact?

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Jedism.

First 12