Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Asking friends for money

I'm in a small debt with a local and have no other choice but to ask friends. All my friends know I'm a gamboholic and always end up betting more than I have and have to borrow. But I have borrowed from 5+ friends this year and all pay back pretty soon. What approach should I take asking them for another loan? My friends are close but we still act like family as that's how my culture is. They don't make me pay interest or anything so how should I ask them?

Lazy-Man

I know the worst they can say is no but I'm short on time and need it by tomorrow

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just gotta call up the one that is the best off financially and explain the situation, tell him he will be payed back again ASAP. Sounds like you got good credit history so it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Probably dont want to make a habit out of it though.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Have a friend who is in the hole 240k from gambling. Stole money from friends by lying about reasons about why he needs the money. Even made up a bullshit ponzi scheme where friends were "investing" money with him, thinking he was buying and re-selling things for profit. Long story short, you better look in the mirror before you ruin your life. If you have to borrow money to pay your gambling debts, that's a red flag that thngs are a little fukked. This was the second time he has done this. Many people won't speak to him anymore, including his own family. He was suicidal for a while. Be careful, it sounds like you're heading down the same path.
    Last edited by ROFLcopter; 12-12-11 at 02:15 AM.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave ROFLcopter 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

If you have friends that can help you, go ahead and clear the debt. For future reference, I wouldn't bet money you don't have from now on. Just bet points here, until you have the cash. You'll feel a lot better for it. One creed I live by. If an action you are about to take has the potential to keep you up at night worrying, then it isn't worth doing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Settle down with the gambling as you do not want to be known as the town junkie wheras your always asking for money

I think you need to change

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

first realize how lame it is to have to borrow money form your friends over something so stupid. Don't bet with money you don't have.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

What is the ballpark period of the amount owed?

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Borrow to pay it off but you need to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. There will come a time when you bite off more than you can chew. You've always paid them back in a timely manner, great. What happens the first time you get yourself in a serious hole and can't pay them back or takes a real long time? Are you willing to sacrifice your friendships over gambling? In time that's what you're looking to do.

Wish you all the best and hope you find some better money management skills so you can avoid any problems in the future.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    If you have friends that can help you, go ahead and clear the debt. For future reference, I wouldn't bet money you don't have from now on. Just bet points here, until you have the cash. You'll feel a lot better for it. One creed I live by. If an action you are about to take has the potential to keep you up at night worrying, then it isn't worth doing.

"If an action you are about to take has the potential to keep you up at night worrying, then it isn't worth doing."

perfect words to live by. people that have too much money in the stock market, do illegal things that could come back to haunt them, owe way too much on their house, etc etc are not living the life free from worry that they could.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

************** into the hot tub and work off the debit..aka JJ

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    first realize how lame it is to have to borrow money form your friends over something so stupid. Don't bet with money you don't have.
    Exactly. It's not like you're asking for money to help with an operation.

Great post as usual Double.

Westcoast0
    Westcoast0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

youre a ******* loser who doesnt deserve to have friends

kill yourself

/thread

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

quit gambling

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Stop gambling unless you can put things into perspective. Think of your gambling money as an entertainment expense. Put it in your budget. Only gamble with that budget. Whatever you have left over is cake. You'll be a happier man with friends. If you continue down your road, you'll be miserable and friendless.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    I'm in a small debt with a local and have no other choice but to ask friends. All my friends know I'm a gamboholic and always end up betting more than I have and have to borrow. But I have borrowed from 5+ friends this year and all pay back pretty soon. What approach should I take asking them for another loan? My friends are close but we still act like family as that's how my culture is. They don't make me pay interest or anything so how should I ask them?
    Don't mean to be a wise ass but ... you've done it 5+ times already this year, so it kinda seems like we should be asking you.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

This wont end well

Stop betting with a local

And stop betting over your head

Get your kneepads ready

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

They don't make me pay interest or anything so how should I ask them?
    Not "how" but "what".

Ask for far more than you need (this is interest-free, after all) then make a single big bet.

Settle back and enjoy the rush.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

dude dont sweat right now, you still have monday night football.....all in on the rams

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

gotta quit gambling

Lazy-Man

Well 2 friends already said no. Guess I'm ******

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Probably owes 100 bucks or something. A job could help the situation.....Lazy Man.

Br0nxer

How much u need?

Lazy-Man

Short around $700

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

What's worse?

Borrowing money from your "5+ friends" over and over again for gambling and still not learning your lesson.....

OR

Posting online to ask total strangers about how to ask to borrow money from your 5+ friends.......

Hmmmmm......that's a close one

Lazyman, get this shit handled and change your ways. Stop betting money you dont have. Trust me when I tell you that you will NEVER win with scared money.....never

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Them saying no is helping you , you have a problem they aren't supporting it, dont you get embarrassed asking youre friends for money 5 times a year ?

Lazy-Man

I know. I never learn my lesson. But my job sucks and I am barely making minimum wager. It's embarrassing asking my friends. I always think I can win every week and end up losing more than I have.

Br0nxer

Fukkin guy wont do sh1t for 7 bills unless he is a psycho

Work out a payment-bj plan

Westcoast0
    Westcoast0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

suicide is considered honorable in some cultures

tiger_bait

700 dollars that is it.....just get a additional part time job until you pay it off....

tiger_bait

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Fukkin guy wont do sh1t for 7 bills unless he is a psycho

Work out a payment-bj plan
    this is very true

Lazy-Man

I know, but I always deal with this guy and he gets mad if you're late no matter the amount. He has high rollers playing through him but he wants clients that pay on time. This is like the 3rd time I have to pay late and he will cut me off for good if I do

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

When I was 18, I had a bookie and our agreed upon loss limit was $300. It then went to $500 and I wound up being down about $10,000 as all agreed upon loss limits went out the window when I asked for loss limit increases.

I quit gambling for about 5 years and vowed never to bet with a bookie or on credit again and I suggest you do the same.

I remember those days frequently and the memories are awful.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

I know, but I always deal with this guy and he gets mad if you're late no matter the amount. He has high rollers playing through him but he wants clients that pay on time. This is like the 3rd time I have to pay late and he will cut me off for good if I do
    bronxer is right. this guy not going to hurt u over 700. pay him 100 a week or something, he will prob let u keep betting too.

its all part of the game, ur fine here. people dont get legs broken these days

Br0nxer

General rule is physical injuries begin at 10 dimes

And even then you gotta be a real asshole

They just want to get paid regardless of speediness

12 Last