ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone use adjustable dumbells.

Weider

Bowflex

Anyone have experience with either of them?

Weider with the dumbells and stand are 360

Bowflex with dumbells and stand are around 4XX

Both sets get decent reviews.

Only bad thing is that they only go up to 50 lbs (who am I kidding I probably should of just bought 5/10/15 lbers) But I can grab my bigger dumbells from my parents house.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I've got some old school ones that you tighten by twisting the end on. I like them but it kind of sucks taking the plates on and off so much if you use them a lot. The bowflex ones look sweet but I would never spend that much for weight.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

bought a used set on craigslist, love em. so easy and saves a bunch of space

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Go to goodwill or salvation army, buy a 40lb, 35lb, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5lb dumbells.

Do drop sets of pretty much any upper body lift, do some heavy squats, run stairs, eat low carb and get fuking ripped in 6 weeks.

Testosterone levels will be thru the roof. You'll be raping white women left and right.

No bullshit, so easy even JJ Goldstein could do it.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I have a set of Powerblocks. They are nice. I bought them for my wife. I got her the sat that goes to 25 pounds. I want to get the 50 pound set later. You can get them up to 130 pounds.

James

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Go to goodwill or salvation army, buy a 40lb, 35lb, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5lb dumbells.

Do drop sets of pretty much any upper body lift, do some heavy squats, run stairs, eat low carb and get fuking ripped in 6 weeks. Testosterone levels will be thru the roof. You'll be raping white women left and right. No bullshit, so easy even JJ Goldstein could do it.

Already have them up to 70 lbs at my parents house, but the rack is big, and planned on these just to save some space.

WHERE DA WHITE WOMEN AT

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

got the bowflex

they are great and a huge space saver... definitly recommend

Flexin

I suggest you look at the Powerblocks before paying for any of the other ones. IMO the others don't compare to them. The Powerblocks are built better.

James

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I got the powerblocks, got zero complains. They are easy to use and adjust. Easy to store and just overall perfect dumb bells.

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    I got the powerblocks, got zero complains. They are easy to use and adjust. Easy to store and just overall perfect dumb bells.
    I only have one complaint. The ends of the lock rods stick out a bit on one side. If that is the side against the body you will get caught with one. They are not sharp on mine so it really isn't a big issue but that would be my only complaint.

James