White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why men have multiple wives is the real question. That guy on sister wives is got to be bat sht crazy.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why a guy would have multiple wives is the real question. That guy on sister wives has got to be bat sht crazy

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Who's the fukker who moved this to the Saloon??

It took me 40 minutes to write my post and now no one will see it. Unbelievable.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

I think initially marriage has been created by God in order for all the kids to have Mummy and Daddy. Perverts who think marriage is unnecessary cause women to bare and bring up a child without
    Dad's care. Marriage is nothing more than gecoming legally responsible for your actions

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Who's the fukker who moved this to the Saloon??

It took me 40 minutes to write my post and now no one will see it. Unbelievable.
    Mods always move stuff to the saloon to make sure that JJ Golds threads stay at the top of player talk. I like the saloon personally a lot of the posters are more "chill and laid back" then the PT section lots of hate and anomosity in PT

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1899

interesting read masu, good stuff.

gyiyg
    gyiyg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Because culture is your operating system. And because the vagina is so addictive and rewarding that people are willing to put up with any bs women could dish out till death do part.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Ok, this is why people get married.

Biologically, we are on this planet for 2 reasons: to survive and replicate. Why that is, I've been searching for an answer to for years. The end result of this constant survival and replication is still a mystery. Anyway, knowing that the two main objectives for our existence are survival and replication, we can then narrow it down to gender. The human brain has barely evolved from that of the first homo sapiens. It has grown in intelligence due to socialization, but our emotions, and the way we react to things is almost identical.

So women, back then and now, are seen as having replication value. If we recall, replication is one of the MAIN objectives of our existence. For men, they want to simply extend their genetic line. For women, though, their main objective is survival. For a woman, then as now, men represent survival value, the 2nd main reason for our existence. Throughout history, it has predominantly MEN protecting their females, be it through going to war, or simply defending the tribe. Men's lives are often cut short by this, but they have successfully accomplished their duty as long as their genetic line continues.

All this lead to a natural balance, with women basically exchanging the replication value, in order for protection from their men. There was a natural balance for centuries. Nowadays though, women seem to want to be successful themselves. This disrupts the natural balance, as men will NO LONGER have survival value. Men would be useless, while women will ALWAYS have replication value for a man because she has her womb, it is not going anywhere.

Anyway, to relate this to marriage. Marriage is one of the rituals that separates homo sapiens from other species, and which gives us an advantage over them. Most other species are raised by their mother ONLY, while homo sapiens have adopted marriage as a way to nurture the child as best as possible. In prehistoric times, homo sapien women stood no chance of protecting their children, so 1. She stuck onto the child's father in her tribe for survival value. And he protected her and the tribe to ensure his genetic line continued. When women had sex and the man did not stick around, her fatherless children would slow her down during nomadic migrations and eventually she would be left behind to perish with her children.

So we see that marriage is basically an exchange of values, men's survival value for women's replication value. If you notice, it is usually men who want children with women which we deem to have good genetics (good looking etc...). This ensures their genetic line will prosper. Women by and large do not want children for the same reason. They want children in order to LOCK IN THE MAN. By having children with their husbands, they know they have locked in their medium of survival value. This is why women want to have children with men who have power or are able to sustain them, because it ensures their survival. I have seen many television shows with single mothers, and they are extremely unhappy. If they aren't on Maury trying to find the father in order to find what should have been their survival value, they are working two jobs trying to make ends meet. Ask them if they wish the child was never born, and they say things like 'she's my little miracle' etc... but deep down they know their lives would be better if they did not have the child. Octomom stated on Oprah she wished she never had any of her kids. If she had secured a man (ie the survival value), I'm sure she would not have said that.

Even in the institution of marriage, one in which we consider spiritual, we find it is still biology that controls it. And the most frightening thing is that nothing has changed in 50 000 years. Biology is still controlling us, even in ways we cannot comprehend.

For example, men may say that if their only purpose is to survive and replicate, then why do they also enjoy playing video games, or other fun activities. The answer is this: Fun activities are basically just triggers for dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitters, and studies show that people with healthy doses of these live longer. So this is MEN's survival instinct. So yes, biology is controlling you yet again. When you think something is fun, it is merely your brain interpreting it as 'activity A = more serotonin = longer life'.

Even wonder why things make you sad? Same reason, your brain sees them as a threat to your happiness (and thus survival), and lowers your neurotransmitter levels so you feel bad and try to avoid the unhappy situations.

I have much more to say on the subject, but I'm assuming you sheep will come in here and try to refute me because you can't handle the truth. It doesn't matter if you're married. Just realize it's fake and you did it just to fulfill your biological imperative.
    Well written. After reading it I found myself wondering why you did not answer the question. Nothing you wrote(or copied), with the exception of 'sheep' (lemming mentality) has anything to do with marriage or WHY a man and woman get married.

Mating is NOT marriage. Step off and let me answer the mans question for him.

Marriage is an institution created by men as a way of establishing ownership over the bitch* they are sticking their c0ck into... That simple!

The word, "wedding" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "wedd" that meant a man would marry a woman and pay the Bride's father.

Some of the earliest marriages were literally carried out by the Groom and his "Bridesmen" (or "Bridesknights") who would kidnap a woman (the origin of "carrying a Bride over the threshold") from another tribe! The Groom and his fellow conspirators would then fight off the female's family of tribesmen with swords held in their right hand while the Groom would hold the captured Bride in his left hand, which is the origin of why a Bride stands on the left side of the Groom at a wedding.

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    So when you have kids you can raise them in a normal and stable home. I would never get married unless i decide one day i want kids. I'm not being some weekend loser dad type always have some different bimbo around my kids.

If you don't want to be a father though stay single forever

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Masu, your stuff is straight out of Mystery method.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by ShawNee922 View Post
    Well written. After reading it I found myself wondering why you did not answer the question. Nothing you wrote(or copied), with the exception of 'sheep' (lemming mentality) has anything to do with marriage or WHY a man and woman get married.

Mating is NOT marriage. Step off and let me answer the mans question for him.

Marriage is an institution created by men as a way of establishing ownership over the bitch* they are sticking their c0ck into... That simple!

The word, "wedding" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "wedd" that meant a man would marry a woman and pay the Bride's father.

Some of the earliest marriages were literally carried out by the Groom and his "Bridesmen" (or "Bridesknights") who would kidnap a woman (the origin of "carrying a Bride over the threshold") from another tribe! The Groom and his fellow conspirators would then fight off the female's family of tribesmen with swords held in their right hand while the Groom would hold the captured Bride in his left hand, which is the origin of why a Bride stands on the left side of the Groom at a wedding.
    I thought the same exact thing, He didn't explain why. What you said still doesn't really explain why, either, though. It seems like someone's parents told their daughter about marriage or they witnessed it and just carried it out through mimicking. And it gets passed down from one generation to the next.

Of course we don't control most of our actions/urges. And i do agree that a great deal of people probably will have a hard time understanding logic on that level.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

for women's replication value. If you notice, it is usually men who want children with women which we deem to have good genetics (good looking etc...). This ensures their genetic line will prosper. Women by and large do not want children for the same reason. They want children in order to LOCK IN THE MAN. By having children with their husbands, they know they have locked in their medium of survival value. This is why women want to have children with men who have power or are able to sustain them, because it ensures their survival. I have seen many television shows with single mothers, and they are extremely unhappy. If they aren't on Maury trying to find the father in order to find what should have been their survival value, they are working two jobs trying to make ends meet. Ask them if they wish the child was never born, and they say things like 'she's my little miracle' etc... but deep down they know their lives would be better if they did not have the child. Octomom stated on Oprah she wished she never had any of her kids. If she had secured a man (ie the survival value), I'm sure she would not have said that.
    I do think I agree with this all. I don't understand why youngish girls, under 22, have kids. It would seem that one could lock in their medium of survival value at a later age much more effectively, right?

Ever wonder why in today's society the bride's parents usually pay for the wedding and why that tradition was established? I have! And I can't come up with truly solid reasoning

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    I thought the same exact thing, He didn't explain why. What you said still doesn't really explain why, either, though. It seems like someone's parents told their daughter about marriage or they witnessed it and just carried it out through mimicking. And it gets passed down from one generation to the next.

Of course we don't control most of our actions/urges. And i do agree that a great deal of people probably will have a hard time understanding logic on that level.
    Yeah... It is hard to say why people do the things they do. A lemming mentality as you mentioned(mimicking)would be the broad answer. ... They were no doubt, told countless reasons why they should engage in a ritual that forms a meaningless union between a man and a woman.

It has evolved into a money racket. Once two people have committed themselves to each other they are already "married" in principle.
    It is silly for anyone to believe they need first a 'preacher' and then a 'lawyer'(divorce) to tell them how they feel ...

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Ever wonder why in today's society the bride's parents usually pay for the wedding and why that tradition was established? I have! And I can't come up with truly solid reasoning
    A bribe. It is part of the "dowry" ... Most likely started by the parents of some fat or ugly ass broad they wanted out of the house...

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Marriage is overrated!

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's bcs society says it is the next step.

First 12