frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

there is some funky shit definetely going on...

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

allin1
    Update your status

This is the uncertainty principle that Einstein wasn't able to accept until he had no choice because of the evidence from experiments. It is like the root of quantum physics and in this clip it is explained so simple that even kids could understand it Enjoy

Points Awarded:

chemicalbrother gave allin1 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Masu, good post.

People don't like to hear/believe what is the main purpose of life, which is to ensure the continuity and survival of our species. Yup, that's it, folks. Your sole purpose of being on this planet is to reproduce. If you fail to do so, you have failed at your only task in life. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Nothing else matters. Having sex. That's it.

CityCowboy
    CityCowboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

The world is real. But its full of lies, greed and deception.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Thanks a lot for the vids Allin. I was use these as examples to prove my hypothesis that we have no free will and are just biology's slave.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

It does not make sense that sub atomic particles could violate the laws of physics

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

We have so much information on these subjects, but I still believe the science is in its infancy. Even when we do get all the answers, I think we'll have reached a 'what now?' phase, where we don't know what to do with the information. 'Ok, so the world an illusion... now what? I still have to get up for work tomorrow' I don't think we can ever truly use the power that is available, until we shed our bodily prison.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    It does not make sense that sub atomic particles could violate the laws of physics
    the so called laws of physics are not laws, they are theories... study chaos theory and it will explain why particles can do what they do!

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    We have so much information on these subjects, but I still believe the science is in its infancy. Even when we do get all the answers, I think we'll have reached a 'what now?' phase, where we don't know what to do with the information. 'Ok, so the world an illusion... now what? I still have to get up for work tomorrow' I don't think we can ever truly use the power that is available, until we shed our bodily prison.

Thats why Im trying to fire up some of SBR's better domes so maybe we can figure out a thing or two here

Ive lived on this planet for 30 years now

This world works in really mysterious ways

The mind is capable of so much more

Every thought you throw out there is like a boomerang of energy, one way or another itll come back to you and define your reality

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

even when you leave your vessel, the fire(soul) is still trap in the illusion. you have to transcend this creation(illusion).

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Speaking of weird shit..The universe will either keep expanding and cool off, eventually leading to frozen darkness or it will collapse in on itself. Human race is dead either way. What was it all for?
    Entropy dictates that this will happen and the will be no "big crunch". Interestingly, the period after all the stars have died and matter begins to break down is known by theoretical physicists as the "degenerate era". Seems quite apt for this forum.

allin1
    Update your status

true

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post

the so called laws of physics are not laws, they are theories... study chaos theory and it will explain why particles can do what they do!
    true

Laws of physics? Those laws were theories developed by the human mind. Like Einsteins relativity, for him it didn't make sense to be possible to break the speed of light, but now it seems it is possible.

The idea that nothing can exceed the speed of light in a vacuum forms a cornerstone in physics - first laid out by James Clerk Maxwell and later incorporated into Albert Einstein's theory of special relativity.
    well.... check this out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15791236

allin1
    Update your status

I read something once that there have been studies that revealed that some Buddhist monks can use up to 50% of their brain capacity. It was said that these guys have been meditating on a daily basis at least 20 years.

I couldn't find that now (I did a fast search on google), but found this:

http://psyphz.psych.wisc.edu/web/New..._WSJ_11-04.htm

It's actually neuroplasticity. It can be found on wikipedia.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

if any1 wants the first lecture for megagenius.com let me know

warriorfan707

remember i said....ALL IS MIND...here is a clue

AHA

What you are saying is we are all connected, the things I am seeing here are in some way an extension of my own mind

That in some way we are all the Gods, one and the same

Intriguing...

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    if any1 wants the first lecture for megagenius.com let me know
    How is it?

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Find yourself. Find love. Find happiness.
    You will be closer to everything. Yourself. Everybody. It is great.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I read something once that there have been studies that revealed that some Buddhist monks can use up to 50% of their brain capacity. It was said that these guys have been meditating on a daily basis at least 20 years.

I couldn't find that now (I did a fast search on google), but found this:

http://psyphz.psych.wisc.edu/web/New..._WSJ_11-04.htm

It's actually neuroplasticity. It can be found on wikipedia.
    If they were really using 50% of their brains they should have come up with something revolutionary or invented something, rewrote the science books in some way or something

I have a hard time believing they became that advanced

50% would be insanity

allin1
    Update your status

If they were really using 50% of their brains they should have come up with something revolutionary or invented something, rewrote the science books in some way or something

I have a hard time believing they became that advanced

50% would be insanity
    well that's the thing. We would tend to believe that using 50% of your brain's capacity means beating anyone at chess and inventing stuff but it is actually very different. These guys were able to control their brain in such a way that they could put it to sleep by choice. They entered deep trance states that on paper look like a coma but in reality they were inducing those states consciously. Scientifically proven, when you do that, or at least when you consciously lower your brain waves, it is very very very healthy, regenerating for the body.

With control of the brain comes control of the body. Some monks sent by Dalai Lama to London for some studies were melting frozen blankets in just a few minutes, just with their body heat generated through specific meditation. Let's just say they generated a lot of heat. These guys can spend a whole night bare footed in snow in the Himalayas at unbelievable low temperatures without harming their bodies.

When the brain functions at such different parameters, experiencing the world is quite different, because the right hemisphere and the frontal lobe don't have the notion of time. Hence the sense of timeless unity, Infinity, peace, love etc. Yes it can come with intuition and creativity, but the important thing is that at those states the whole mind-body vehicle functions at totally different levels than our normal way of functioning.
    Last edited by allin1; 11-19-11 at 04:51 AM.

allin1
    Update your status

this is just the first part. there are 6 in total, all can be found on youtube.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

It's not logical to think there is an all powerful, ageless being who created everything and then sits around watching the creation and judging the creatures inside "his" creation. The idea of God is absolutely absurd.

The only thing more absurd than the the idea of God is the idea that everything in the universe exploded and expanded out of nothingness. The idea of a random universe is absolutely absurd.

Shit keeps me awake at night. I wish I was a true believer in something.

Even the idea of "It is what it is, so why should I let it bother me" escapes me. I search for answers when I know there are none.

I need to leave threads like this alone. Gets me all twisted up.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

In some ways, this reality does not even exist. Either than or in some way it is all a huge deception. Some of you may know what I mean, others may in fact actually be the clueless donkeys you act like and not have a clue.

But if I am right, then on some level we are all aware.

Theres just so much wrong, on so many levels.

The world is not what it appears to be

This cant be real
    In many ways he's correct. When you die life ends. Reality no longer real. Or ever real since you can never get your life back.

If you start throwing religion at this "equation" you're just as wacky-a-doo as those who are calling this guy out.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It's not logical to think there is an all powerful, ageless being who created everything and then sits around watching the creation and judging the creatures inside "his" creation. The idea of God is absolutely absurd.

The only thing more absurd than the the idea of God is the idea that everything in the universe exploded and expanded out of nothingness. The idea of a random universe is absolutely absurd.

Shit keeps me awake at night. I wish I was a true believer in something.

Even the idea of "It is what it is, so why should I let it bother me" escapes me. I search for answers when I know there are none.

I need to leave threads like this alone. Gets me all twisted up.

not really! science problem sometimes is not listening to ancient cultures and shamans whose people cultures knew more things about the universe before western man knew anything. with that being said this universe was created from the destruction of the previous universe.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

there is no such thing as choice (another feeble construct)! only cause and effect!
    sorry but your wrong. we are condemned to make choices in life. its the only thing that's certain in this world.. after reading this post darkside you'll have the choice to write back or ignore it.. the only choice you don't have is choosing not to choose because choosing not to choose is a choice in itself

allin1
    Update your status

have you watched the clips about choices / free will from post 72of this thread?
    Last edited by allin1; 11-19-11 at 02:17 PM.

EBDOGGN

therefore "cause and effect" is motored by choices.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    therefore "cause and effect" is motored by choices.
    ...... the choices themselves however are a product of electrical impulses over which the 'chooser' has zero control.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

guys first lecturer to megagenius.com It is great I will upload link in thread soon

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Merovingian: But do you? You think you do but you do not. You are here because you were sent here, you were told to come here and you obeyed. [Laughs] It is, of course, the way of all things. You see, there is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect.

Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.

Merovingian: No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without. Look there, at that woman. My God, just look at her. Affecting everyone around her, so obvious, so bourgeois, so boring. But wait... Watch - you see, I have sent her dessert, a very special dessert. I wrote it myself. It starts so simply, each line of the program creating a new effect, just like poetry. First, a rush... heat... her heart flutters. You can see it, Neo, yes? She does not understand why - is it the wine? No. What is it then, what is the reason? And soon it does not matter, soon the why and the reason are gone, and all that matters is the feeling itself. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it, but it is of course pretense, it is a lie. Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is we are completely out of control. Causality. There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the `why.' `Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. `Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless. And this is how you come to me, without `why,' without power. Another link in the chain. But fear not, since I have seen how good you are at following orders, I will tell you what to do next. Run back, and give the fortune teller this message: Her time is almost up. Now I have some real business to do, I will say adieu and goodbye.

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    ...... the choices themselves however are a product of electrical impulses over which the 'chooser' has zero control.
    I choose to believe that is bullshit my friend. how do you explain that?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    I choose to believe that is bullshit my friend. how do you explain that?
    I can't explain why you believe this any more than I can explain why some people believe in horoscopes.

The whole concept of free will/choice is a difficult one to grasp but no matter how you view the issue, the 'choices' you make are the effect, not the cause, of neuron activity in your brain.

allin1
    Update your status

Choices like everything that has to do with the human body or mind, are just electrical impulses. They are a natural phenomenon just like digestion, metabolism and everything else. Thoughts arise from electrical impulses, they happen naturally, nobody decides what to think of, and if one tries to, even that decision arises of itself and it happens fractions of a second or even full seconds BEFORE the subject is conscious of it. Science has already seen that. Benjamin Libet was the first to notice this in some experiments about 35 years ago. Since then, technology has evolved and it's even more clear that choices, actions and reactions, happen in the brain BEFORE we become aware at the conscious level. It's hard to grasp / accept but it is a fact.
    Last edited by allin1; 11-19-11 at 03:36 PM.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I have a buddy who has your condition,I used to worry about him but he now gets a shot once a month and is doing great as can be managing his paranoid schizophrenic syndrome.......
    Theoretical physics should be treated too. They also believe there are parallel universes.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    This is the uncertainty principle that Einstein wasn't able to accept until he had no choice because of the evidence from experiments. It is like the root of quantum physics and in this clip it is explained so simple that even kids could understand it Enjoy
    awesome, thanks.

First 12345 Last