warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

More than anything it is just a gut feeling that I have carried with me my whole life that has led me to research more

Everything is too perfect, too convenient

Way too many fukking coincidences

Everything is connected somehow

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I like LSD too.
    My first thought too.
    Warrior got a hold of the good shit.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    More than anything it is just a gut feeling that I have carried with me my whole life that has led me to research more Everything is too perfect, too convenient Way too many fukking coincidences Everything is connected somehow

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Read the book "The Nature of Personal Reality" by Jane Roberts

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

You see; the problem here is that it all revolves around seeking an answer. The answer is there is no answer.

Nothing wrong with seeking, seeking is a journey in itself and helps divert from the inevitable truth. You will someday cease to be.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    You see; the problem here is that it all revolves around seeking an answer. The answer is there is no answer.

This.

You can drive yourself mad trying to add it all up.

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I found this very interesting... have you read about the neutrino particles discovery?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...neutrinos.html

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

It's the Matrix...or some shit like that

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I found this very interesting... have you read about the neutrino particles discovery?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...neutrinos.html
    Good link

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

If I were you I'd try LSD or DMT.

warriorfan707

DMT?

LordVodka

Yeah, try DMT. I always had certain spiritual beliefs and all that. When I tried DMT, it makes you realize there is more going on in the world but the "spiritual realm" that we think of is something we can't even imagine.

If you're interested I'd check out some of these clips:

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

guys rmbr that sienfeld episode where george tells the girl the truth and she ends up in mental institution? lol

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

everything in this world is connected. By God. and if the world isn't real - we should strike the world real out of the dictionary, cause if the world is unreal - everything is unreal. then we are not real and our thoughts are unreal. and this thread is unreal - there is no sense in it, if it is unreal.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Everybody peeks out of their box from time to time. We get a small taste of the Truth, but eventually within the next hour or day, we go back into our little boxes because it's safer. We all inherently KNOW the truth already, everyone feels it, but no one wants to seek it out. Biology and society have won and we are just slaves to them.
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave Masu485 13 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post

Nothing wrong with seeking, seeking is a journey in itself and helps divert from the inevitable truth. You will someday cease to be.
    Sartre and Camu. Existentialism

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

warrior read about about existentialism and come back and let us know your new take on life.. you'll soon realize that life is nothing but choices. what life means to a human ultimately relies on the choices he or she makes.. that's it.

on another note, if none of this is real why don't you get all your $$ as well as some of your parents and throw it all down on the dolphins -2 this Sunday . fuk it. might as well do it. if you loose everything you got you can just wake up and rearrange your dream!
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave EBDOGGN 13 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Winner_13

gd discussion in this thread

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

there is no such thing as choice (another feeble construct)! only cause and effect!

warriorfan707

Something I have a hard time with is this...

Ok lets assume for a second this reality is an illusion. So what are all of you? Clearly some kind of entities are replying to me in this thread. If reality is not real, that would have to mean none of you are real, and each one of us literally "lives in our own world".

This would def explain how thoughts can alter reality.

So in a sense, its possible none of you even exist and I am the only real entity. You guys are all merely some kind of simulation to make this world appear real.

As bizarre as this sounds, it actually makes some sense in a lot of ways.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

remember i said....ALL IS MIND...here is a clue

warriorfan707

A few months ago I was in Reno. I'm a Pai Gow Player, but I usually don't play the bonus.

But towards the end, for a couple days I started playing the side bonus. I would throw 1 dollar, if no bonus 2, if no bonus 3, and so forth. If I got dealt a bonus hand I would go back to a dollar.

On this day, in the afternoon I got dealt a straight flush with a bonus bet out, and I had a bet up for the dealer as well. She won 100 I think, I won around 300.

Later in the day I came back to the same table, and was dealt 5 Fukkin Aces in one hand.

I used to bank Pai Gow for a living, I have played thousands of thousands of hands at full tables and had never seen anyone get dealt 5 aces in one hand before. I won 3k.

The reason I am bringing this up is I honestly feel like somehow that day, my actions made that happen. I feel like I somehow willed the 5 Aces to come to me.

This relates to what we are talking about

Masu485

Something I have a hard time with is this...

Ok lets assume for a second this reality is an illusion. So what are all of you? Clearly some kind of entities are replying to me in this thread. If reality is not real, that would have to mean none of you are real, and each one of us literally "lives in our own world".

This would def explain how thoughts can alter reality.

So in a sense, its possible none of you even exist and I am the only real entity. You guys are all merely some kind of simulation to make this world appear real.

As bizarre as this sounds, it actually makes some sense in a lot of ways.
    This is what metaphysics is all about. Humans use their brains to perceive reality. Without our brains, reality would not exist. Everything we see and everyone we meet are basically just part of our own reality. When we die, we have no more brain to be able to link us to the world, and the images our brain made up which we perceived as the world, cease to exist.

There is also a theory that reality is an illusion and we are all just brains in a vat of some futuristic factory. They manipulate our brains for us to be able to experience this illusion world.

warriorfan707

Anyway the question is how do we use this all to our advantage, and that answer seems simple yet it is still elusive

Dutch
    Honky Lips

...I honestly feel like somehow that day, my actions made that happen. I feel like I somehow willed the 5 Aces to come to me.

No.

warriorfan707

I dont believe in luck

Dutch
    Honky Lips

I don't either. I belive in mathematical probability. If you play "thousands and thousands of hands" you're bound to run into 5 fukkin aces in one hand. Doesn't mean you willed it to happen.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Speaking of weird shit..The universe will either keep expanding and cool off, eventually leading to frozen darkness or it will collapse in on itself. Human race is dead either way. What was it all for?

warriorfan707

I dont know man all this thinking is making my fukking head hurt

I need more information

But lets face it, Einstein tried for 10 years and wasnt able to prove shit

so whats the fukkin point really

LordVodka

The only way you're gonna get anywhere close to "understanding" is with drugs.

warriorfan707

Ya but the problem with that is a lot of that "understanding" may be a bunch of BS with drugs

Took LSD once, it was actually kinda fun

Just laughed my ass off for like 4 hours

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

"Drugs" will help you to an extent, but they will just lead you to an entire different set of questions. It's a never-ending journey, and you will never find the answers that you are seeking. I put "drugs" in quotation marks because I disagree with society putting a label on certain ingested plants, but not others. All "drugs" are plants, but that's an entire different conversation.

Yes, everything is connected. We are all one big interconnected ball of energy; a spider web of sorts. What's the difference between you and the computer that you're using right now? Molecules arranged in a different way, vibrating and bouncing around. Change them around, and you get a piece of chocolate. Do it again, you get a human, or a tree.

Wait until you realize that nothing actually matters. Understand that, and grasp the true meaning behind it, and life does become shockingly better. All stress and anxiety seems to just dissipate into the nothingness that they always were. It's all created by your mind.

Winner_13

megagenius.com

Masu485

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    "Drugs" will help you to an extent, but they will just lead you to an entire different set of questions. It's a never-ending journey, and you will never find the answers that you are seeking. I put "drugs" in quotation marks because I disagree with society putting a label on certain ingested plants, but not others. All "drugs" are plants, but that's an entire different conversation.

Yes, everything is connected. We are all one big interconnected ball of energy; a spider web of sorts. What's the difference between you and the computer that you're using right now? Molecules arranged in a different way, vibrating and bouncing around. Change them around, and you get a piece of chocolate. Do it again, you get a human, or a tree.

Wait until you realize that nothing actually matters. Understand that, and grasp the true meaning behind it, and life does become shockingly better. All stress and anxiety seems to just dissipate into the nothingness that they always were. It's all created by your mind.
    This is true. What makes life so stressful is that we are slaves to biology and society. All living things just have an innate need to survive and replicate. What is driving this? What is biology's big plan? Everything we do is basically just to survive and replicate.

Men need a woman's replication value, so our entire lives are meant to fulfill this. Pursuit of education and money is all just to help us replicate with a woman with as best genetics possible to keep our genetic line going.

Women need a man's survival value, so she preoccupies herself with beauty, clothes, etc.. This is to ensure the easiest survival, as a man with more survival value will want them. Nowadays, the balance has been shifted though, and women are beginning to try to survive on their own. No man should want this, as it disrupts the natural balance, and leaves men with no value anymore, while women will ALWAYS have replication value.

Anyway, the point is that biology controls us, and society acts as a 'police force', pushing you to the ideal of fake happiness. If you fail to conform, society will make life hell for you. If you even mention that 'reality is an illusion' to one of the societal sheep, they won't think about it, they will just label you as a druggie, and you will be silenced.

My only advice is to conform, live a life of fake happiness like the rest of society, and die, fulfilling biology's master plan for us.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Masu, good post.

People don't like to hear/believe what is the main purpose of life, which is to ensure the continuity and survival of our species. Yup, that's it, folks. Your sole purpose of being on this planet is to reproduce. If you fail to do so, you have failed at your only task in life. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Nothing else matters. Having sex. That's it.

First 12345 Last