ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

How much does it cost to go to the dentist?

i dont have a dentist and a filling or something silver just came out. Looks like one side of the tooth is there and nothing on the other side. Like only half of the filling came out. There is still something sharp and silver there.

How much does it cost, will i get billed, payments etc, . It doesn't hurt but a little annoying. Its the first side tooth, not the front, on the bottom.

would a dental student fix it for free?

ttwarrior1

not sure if its a filling or a silver tooth, no idea, havent been to the dentist in 24 years

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have a job, you should have insurance, which would make it a ton more reasonable. Otherwise it's probably going to run you $300 at least, I would think.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Filling a toot typically cost 200 per tooth, with an insurance it should be 100% covered or if your'e a part timer for some it will only covered 70% of the cost.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

In Costa Rica, nada. You can have pearly whites all year long for pennies.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

A filling ranges from 100-300. Question is when is the last time u been to a dentist. Do u brush and floss regularly? If
    not and it's been a while u may have other problems that can boost the price to the thousands.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

With my insurance I only have to cover the $35 co-payment.

ttwarrior1

no help here, i don't even see a tooth, i see half a tooth maybe, not sure and i said i dont have insurance. I don't have the money so i'll just live with it i guess.

i see the tooth on one side, i see something silver or whatever color in the middle but have no idea what that is, i see no tooth there, something sharp, no tooth on other side of it

Last time dentist was like 1979 and yes i brush and floss

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

How bout a state covered plan? Here in Arizona, if you don't have the means via unemployed or underemployed then you can jump on a State funded plan with nothing out of pocket.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Sounds as if you need a crown to save the tooth. Its not cheap.

ttwarrior1

i dont think their is a tooth, i see the tooth, the side tooth on one side and nothing on the other side, so pretty sure the tooth that was on the other side of the filling is gone. But there is still a silver filling or something there, just nothing on the other side

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Problems with teeth and mouth can lead to serious medical problems tt. Just go hibernate for the winter and it will all work out.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Half a tooth...sounds like an extraction. Like about 150

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

probably just some leftover food from one of your 10 meals today.

ttwarrior1

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Gum disease and other dental problems can lead to heart disease, so you better get that sh!t checked out.

ttwarrior1

sorry, i can't, made 3 phone calls, said i have no money and no insurance or job., turned down

hawley

do you have like community dentists or something similar over there that you can get a free 10 minute appointment at?

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Hard to say. Since the government got involved in health care decades ago, medicine is the only commodity you pay for without knowing the price before hand.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i dont think their is a tooth, i see the tooth, the side tooth on one side and nothing on the other side, so pretty sure the tooth that was on the other side of the filling is gone. But there is still a silver filling or something there, just nothing on the other side
    It sounds as if the tooth structure needs repair. I had a large filling in a back tooth and one side just broke off. If I am reading correctly this is the same situation as what you are describing. What the dentist did for me was file the tooth down to about half size. He removed the old filling and replaced it with new material. Then a crown or cap was fitted on the top half on the filed down tooth. Its was this or else the tooth would have had to be pulled out. I have dental insurance but the cap still ran me about 450.Pulling the tooth is cheaper but less desirable in the long run.
    Cheapest way for you may be a dental school. Check if there are any in your area. Its a gamble but the price may be right.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Can't vouch for it, but maybe this site can help you (seems to give contact info anyway):

http://www.freedental.org/

ttwarrior1

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    It sounds as if the tooth structure needs repair. I had a large filling in a back tooth and one side just broke off. If I am reading correctly this is the same situation as what you are describing. What the dentist did for me was file the tooth down to about half size. He removed the old filling and replaced it with new material. Then a crown or cap was fitted on the top half on the filed down tooth. Its was this or else the tooth would have had to be pulled out. I have dental insurance but the cap still ran me about 450.Pulling the tooth is cheaper but less desirable in the long run.
    Cheapest way for you may be a dental school. Check if there are any in your area. Its a gamble but the price may be right.

what about the one side of the side tooth where i see no tooth? What your describing sounds accurate except i have no tooth one the side closest to the face, gum that i can tell.

450 wtf. I'll try some others and see if they take payments and use doj's link

hawley

Also inquire as to whether there is an SBR Pro discount, and if they will accept betpoints or freeplays as part payment

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Novel idea would be to find a job with insurance or at worst do ghetto dentist a get locked up in prison for free dental work. Us working people are going to end up footing the bill when your fat ass has a stroke and are stuck at the vet for weeks while they try and fix you up.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Novel idea would be to find a job with insurance or at worst do ghetto dentist a get locked up in prison for free dental work. Us working people are going to end up footing the bill when your fat ass has a stroke and are stuck at the vet for weeks while they try and fix you up.

ttwarrior1

yeh sure thing u complain about fixing my teeth, roll eyes, but won't complain about real serious stuff,

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

yeh sure thing u complain about fixing my teeth, roll eyes, but won't complain about real serious stuff,
    Nothing you post is serious for a normal human being. All of your problems are your own doing. Nobody forces you to eat all night. Nobody forces you to not find a full time job and still look after sick family members. There are plenty of people who are worse off with 4 or 5 kids, no spouse, bills up the ass yet they work multiple jobs to provide. Then there is your obese, lazy, unemployed walrus ass who can't work but manages to post on god knows how many Internet boards a day. Do the world a favor and brine yourself in a big vat and ship yourself to Africa and let them cook you. A village could feast for weeks off your carcass.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

what about the one side of the side tooth where i see no tooth? What your describing sounds accurate except i have no tooth one the side closest to the face, gum that i can tell.

450 wtf. I'll try some others and see if they take payments and use doj's link
    If there is some base to the tooth at the gum line its possible it can be saved. However it may not be possible. In that case you may lose that tooth. Any dentist would quickly be able to tell via x-rays. You should be able to get an exam for about fourty bucks.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

If you haven't been to the dentist in 20 some years I'm pretty sure you don't floss. I'd say you probably brush your teeth once a day.

ttwarrior1

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Nothing you post is serious for a normal human being. All of your problems are your own doing. Nobody forces you to eat all night. Nobody forces you to not find a full time job and still look after sick family members. There are plenty of people who are worse off with 4 or 5 kids, no spouse, bills up the ass yet they work multiple jobs to provide. Then there is your obese, lazy, unemployed walrus ass who can't work but manages to post on god knows how many Internet boards a day. Do the world a favor and brine yourself in a big vat and ship yourself to Africa and let them cook you. A village could feast for weeks off your carcass.

not really true, not everyones problems are their own, if u had sick family members and were asked to watch you would turn them down?? Your one sick dude and contribute nothing to sbr. Also not lazy, nor eat all nite and i post on about 80 boards a day.
    dont have bills.
    Just for that i will make over 100 threads at sbr the next 2 days

ttwarrior1

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    If there is some base to the tooth at the gum line its possible it can be saved. However it may not be possible. In that case you may lose that tooth. Any dentist would quickly be able to tell via x-rays. You should be able to get an exam for about fourty bucks.

not sure, there is still something silver there, there can't be a tooth where filling is, thats why there is a filling

side bottom tooth

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

if you havent been to a dentist in a while, chances are pretty good that your filling was leaking and decay is extensive. my guess is that you will need a crown. with no insurance a crown will run you 800-1200. at the very least, your cavity will be very big meaning more $ than a simple filling

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

oh and dont forget to include the cost of the exam chair in case your fat ass breaks it

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

not really true, not everyones problems are their own, if u had sick family members and were asked to watch you would turn them down?? Your one sick dude and contribute nothing to sbr. Also not lazy, nor eat all nite and i post on about 80 boards a day.
    dont have bills.
    Just for that i will make over 100 threads at sbr the next 2 days
    I watched my mom die from breast cancer as a teenager. Spent a lot of time with her, but she had health insurance from her employer so we had assistance from medical professionals. Instead of posting 100 threads why not find a work from home job?

As for me being sick, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ttwarrior1

crown??? I have no crown, nothing was leaking
    u find me a work from home job and ill start right now.

Also i work 1 to 2 hours a nite now if u missed the post, but no insurance with it

12 Last