diggler420
    diggler420's Avatar Become A Pro!

just felt like writing, if you feel like reading

Was bored and sometimes like to write to pass time ... if you like to write or read feel free to post on this thread, constructive criticism is welcome, again CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, no need to be a douche. NO rules on what you can write about, but write to impress if you can.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: babyjesus

diggler420
    diggler420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Work, work, and more work. I've been here for nearly nine hours--another slave to the dollar. Long hours, working like a numbing opiate against hope, roll on by without the slightest reception, facilitating one's ability to forget creature comfort and pass through another day in hell. Due to a consistent influx of business, as expected around these seasonal times, my vigor is robbed by every passing grain of sand leaving me depleted and on auto-pilot; I'm burnt out. I work methodically, mindlessly, not really thinking of anything in particular and not really caring. In the later hours of the night, I read random blogs (SBR) and listen to music to stifle boredom and suppress silence waiting for this shift to end, so that I can go home, sleep, wake, shower and return for another. My shift ends. Silence. Alone in the office--typical during these late-night week-day shifts--I stand up and walk over to window and peer out. With a long brooding stare down to the wet, lamp-lit street I see cars buzzing to and fro. An uninhabited park across the way looks desolate and cold with great ominous shadows devouring all that is expected of a park--laughter, games, fun. Rain, rain, and more rain, washing away all expectation. It seems like its been raining for an eternity. Mixed emotions flood my mind--I long for freedom from all this, to run and not stop till work, rain, and eerie parks are left far, far behind. I conjure up dreams of sun lit beaches, warmth, of laughter and music, friends and family. Then reality hits, like an alarm clock ripping you out of sleep. I sigh, turn around, walk back to my computer, turn it off, grab my umbrella and head out.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I finally get to my room after a 15 hour day. I'm physically tired, but my mind is racing. I stand at my window, the view reminds me of a post card. The entire valley of San Jose in sight, lights twinkling. I listen, I smell, and I feel. Usually there is a soft cool breeze. On this particular night it's raining, the fresh smell of earth is pouring into my room. A couple of crickets cry out of the darkness. All the dogs are quite. Unusual for this hour. I'd attribute the silence to the rain. For three straight days it's rained. Now on day three almost all living creatures are indoors, attempting to stay warm and dry. I here no loud motorcycles speeding up the hill, just the pitter patter of the rain as it hits millions of leaves. Rain hitting leaves is a unique sound, only recognized by the most seasoned ear. As I slip into my sheets, they are cold with dampness. As I wrestle around for a comfortable position, my sheets begin to warm, my body falls deeper into the mattress. I let the combination of a cool rain filled night, a warm bed, and a long exhausting work day take their toll. I don't usually remember what happens next.....

thank you for reading

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Unlike most days here on the California coastline, the day seemed to drag on as if it were a concentrated calligraphy stroke from only the wisest of Buddhist monks. The sun seemed to only shine through the narrow slivers between the ominous clouds as if trying to escape from imprisonment, but all of us lowly beings walking along the cold wet soil could be of no help in its reluctant struggle. The shuffle of feet across the cement is deafening when deprived of headphones, as I was on this particular morning, but reluctant as I was, I slowly made my way to the front step of each of my classroom doors. I sat down. I took out my paper. I scratched down my notes. I left the room and onto the next. The rain was still festering in the darkening clouds above our heads peering down on us as if they were just waiting to strike when the least amount of people had umbrellas with them. Waiting for me to be defenseless against their unrelenting attack of tiny water droplets. And in the end... they won. They always do.

thank you for reading