jmdudney
    jmdudney's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I collect sports cards...

and today I pulled this....
    Attached Images  

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Nice, haven't collected cards for a while, but I remember the thrill of getting sweet cards. Whats it worth? Any idea?

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Nice, haven't collected cards for a while, but I remember the thrill of getting sweet cards. Whats it worth? Any idea?
    pricing hasnt been released yet, however theres on "buy it now" on ebay for 99.99, and a couple are in auction, i think the bids are like 20 bucks as of right now.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

that Lenny Moore card is from the 1956 Topps series, but I'm assuming this is a Topps remake series. Could you give some more details about the card/series? Off the top of my head, I bet it's an $80-$100 pull

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    that Lenny Moore card is from the 1956 Topps series, but I'm assuming this is a Topps remake series. Could you give some more details about the card/series? Off the top of my head, I bet it's an $80-$100 pull
    To be honest, I dont know much, its definitely a reprint auto, the set came out yesterday. Their neat cards. I got all my info from here...

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...gends-football

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

every once in a while i'll buy a $50-$100 pack and see wtf is in it.. got tons of autos and patches n shit.

jmdudney

Also, the card has no serial number on it, so its hard to tell the print run, I think I read that the red ink auto is numbered to 10. That would be pretty sweet. The packs were 6.00 apiece at a local hobby shop. I saw a hobby box on ebay for 75. I bought 4 packs, got the auto and a marcus allen card numbered to 299. I think its like two rookies a pack also, I got just mediocre rooks like Delone Carter and Dion Lewis.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

They've got them on Amazon for $70......as a Colts fan....Lenny Moore was a beast of a running back for Penn State

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    every once in a while i'll buy a $50-$100 pack and see wtf is in it.. got tons of autos and patches n shit.

yea dude, the hobby is expensive nowadays, but the upside is there is so much more in it nowadays. Whats your best pull?

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    They've got them on Amazon for $70......as a Colts fan....Lenny Moore was a beast of a running back for Penn State
    I dont know much about Lenny Moore. Im 25. I just know that the guys at the shop had a fit when I showed them.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Nice, i never bought any of the expensive packs as a kid. I always used to go up to '7 mile fair' with my dad as a kid, its basically a flea market.

but i have been thinking of getting back in the game with the more expensive packs, its basically a legalized form of gambling.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Nice, i never bought any of the expensive packs as a kid. I always used to go up to '7 mile fair' with my dad as a kid, its basically a flea market.

but i have been thinking of getting back in the game with the more expensive packs, its basically a legalized form of gambling.

no doubt, its fun too, i mean you buy a ten dollar scratch ticket and lose, you dont have shit, you buy a ten buck pack of cards and lose, you atleast have a little something to show for it. Also, if you hit some nasty stuff ebay buyers will hook you up.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jmdudney View Post
    I dont know much about Lenny Moore. Im 25. I just know that the guys at the shop had a fit when I showed them.
    Obviously he's old school....but he could get it done...he's most famous for scoring a TD in 18 straight games which stood over 40 years before LaDainianTomlinson broke it a few years ago.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Obviously he's old school....but he could get it done...he's most famous for scoring a TD in 18 straight games which stood over 40 years before LaDainianTomlinson broke it a few years ago.

yea i was just reading up on him, 7x pro bowler, rookie of the year, hall of famer, supposed to be in the 100 greatest football players, or atleast thats what wikipedia says...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I just read that website you posted and the box looks like it has some good pulls. Might be worth picking up a box or two and rolling the dice. I wouldn't mind pulling one of those Bradshaw patch/auto 1/1's !!!

I'm going to look into it and maybe order two boxes off Amazon or find a local shop that has them.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I just read that website you posted and the box looks like it has some good pulls. Might be worth picking up a box or two and rolling the dice. I wouldn't mind pulling one of those Bradshaw patch/auto 1/1's !!!

I'm going to look into it and maybe order two boxes off Amazon or find a local shop that has them.
    No kidding, its very low priced for some reason, I think its because it gives 4 hits per box, but only guarantees one auto, and the auto is more popular on the market than jersey cards. I would still buy it though, definitely offline though, brick and mortar stores are gonna be more expensive, simply because they cant beat the big time wholesalers prices such as dave and adams, and orange county sports cards. It sucks, but those guys are the ones to look for. Both hobby shops in Charlottesville want like 120 per box...

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Best pull i ever had from a pack was from $3 pack of cards at Toys R' Us when i was 10. The card was a 94' Pro Line Live Autographed Series Brett Favre. Real Autograph. At the time Beckett had the card listed for like $140. I wouldn't have a clue what it's worth today but i still have it.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Best pull i ever had from a pack was from $3 pack of cards at Toys R' Us when i was 10. The card was a 94' Pro Line Live Autographed Series Brett Favre. Real Autograph. At the time Beckett had the card listed for like $140. I wouldn't have a clue what it's worth today but i still have it.
    My god. beckett has it listed at 120.00 Hang on to it for a little while, people have to forget about last season and it will go through the roof.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdudney View Post
    yea dude, the hobby is expensive nowadays, but the upside is there is so much more in it nowadays. Whats your best pull?
    matt ryan rc #'d to 99 out of 08 exquisite. first and only box ive ever opened.

sold for a quick $850.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    matt ryan rc #'d to 99 out of 08 exquisite. first and only box ive ever opened.

sold for a quick $850.
    exquisite is a VERY expensive product.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Hows the market for cards in general? Is it still down pretty much? I've thought about selling some of my collection for a while, but just seems that everything is down, relatively speaking, right now

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I still have a knack for collecting cards, 1 of my fav past times.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

man I got tons

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

best score i made as a kid..bought like 50 canseco 86 donruss rated rookies for an avg of like 6 bucks each...sold em down the line betwqeen 80 - 90 apiece

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Hows the market for cards in general? Is it still down pretty much? I've thought about selling some of my collection for a while, but just seems that everything is down, relatively speaking, right now
    the market is DEFINITELY down, however any and all serious collectors are on Ebay. You will never get full worth, but your best shot at selling and buying is definitely on Ebay.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    best score i made as a kid..bought like 50 canseco 86 donruss rated rookies for an avg of like 6 bucks each...sold em down the line betwqeen 80 - 90 apiece
    i would have paid 80-90 just to see that sick mullet

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Ive got a bunch of 87-91 unopened baseball card boxes if ur interested

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I just opened two packs of '85 Topps last weekend. The gum tasted like crap.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Ive got a bunch of 87-91 unopened baseball card boxes if ur interested
    What do you have for 89?

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I just opened two packs of '85 Topps last weekend. The gum tasted like crap.
    How much did you pay for those packs?

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Heres the info about the 2011 TOPPS GRIDIRON Legends HOBBY FOOTBALL Set this card is from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-TOPPS-G...item45fdb8cc27

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

My kid is into those Triple Threads cards......

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    My kid is into those Triple Threads cards......
    Triple Threads are nice cards. A bit pricy, but very nice nonetheless!

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I'm an avid sports memorabilia collector, but my collection isn't nearly as cool as this guys!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...ports/26984252

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last