CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by koz-man View Post
    Heres the info about the 2011 TOPPS GRIDIRON Legends HOBBY FOOTBALL Set this card is from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-TOPPS-G...item45fdb8cc27
    holy shit that box of cards is $900 my god

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by jmdudney View Post
    and today I pulled this....
    WOW. Thing is, you will lose if you're crackin packs.
    That is, however, a sick card. SICK pull.

Bottom line is, however, if you spend x amount on packs of cards, you can get MORE value sitting on a player you like. IMO, morons break packs - smart collectors put the money that they WOULD have spent and put it towards the card or 2 they like and save themselves by destroying the break. Crap, 2-3 boxes of anything = one redic signature or patch/sig. You spend more buy bustin the packs than you are sitting on your coin.
    I only know this because I had EVERY Ahman Green 1/1 - I sold them all and made a LOT, but I with I didn't have to.

That is a really nice pull, however. It's just dumbasses like me love it. Your money is well spent on ebay finding cards you want. Only morons bust packs - they lose in the end.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 10-19-11 at 02:39 AM.

jmdudney
    jmdudney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    holy shit that box of cards is $900 my god
    Haha, thats for a case. A case consists of 12 boxes.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post

Bottom line is, however, if you spend x amount on packs of cards, you can get MORE value sitting on a player you like. IMO, morons break packs - smart collectors put the money that they WOULD have spent and put it towards the card or 2 they like and save themselves by destroying the break. Crap, 2-3 boxes of anything = one redic signature or patch/sig. You spend more buy bustin the packs than you are sitting on your coin.
    I only know this because I had EVERY Ahman Green 1/1 - I sold them all and made a LOT, but I with I didn't have to.

That is a really nice pull, however. It's just dumbasses like me love it. Your money is well spent on ebay finding cards you want. Only morons bust packs - they lose in the end.
    I agree, I basically bust packs for the thrill. I dont spend a lot on them, Virtually every card I get ends up on ebay, minus the base cards. I dont do it for profit, Its a form of lottery to me. Just fun, The only person I actually do collect is Kobe. Its more or less like scratch tickets except with cards I know I can get some small amount of return on my investment.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

My god. beckett has it listed at 120.00 Hang on to it for a little while, people have to forget about last season and it will go through the roof.
    Guy, if it was $125 then when he got it and it is $120 now, it may go up after Favre is dead.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Whats my Bo Jackson football rookie worth nowadays?

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Guy, if it was $125 then when he got it and it is $120 now, it may go up after Favre is dead.
    Sports cards are much like sports betting, a lot of trends involved.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Whats my Bo Jackson football rookie worth nowadays?
    Football or Baseball?

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I have box sets from 89-91 of Baseball cards but absolutely worthless.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

best box to buy and open or sell the packs is 1986 fleer basketball with the jordan rookies.. grade all packs with jordan on top or bottom(sticker) and sell the rest for 150 (ungraded) or 300 (graded) and make a nice premium.. but finding a sealed box is nonexistent for the most part.

on a side note its fun to buy a psa pack and open it hoping for the jordan.. but its a 200-300$ expense. lol .. but if u pull a jordan ur prolly gonna make 500-1k.

-stash

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    best box to buy and open or sell the packs is 1986 fleer basketball with the jordan rookies.. grade all packs with jordan on top or bottom(sticker) and sell the rest for 150 (ungraded) or 300 (graded) and make a nice premium.. but finding a sealed box is nonexistent for the most part.

on a side note its fun to buy a psa pack and open it hoping for the jordan.. but its a 200-300$ expense. lol .. but if u pull a jordan ur prolly gonna make 500-1k.

-stash
    Yea, that is definitely a good idea, however, the market is virtually nonexistent. Nowadays, people are buying products like Exquisite, National Treasures, Very Expensive, simply because the hits are guaranteed. Most people make a profit when reselling Exquisite products.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

My fav cards are topps hockey cards from the 70s. The pics are hilarious.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I should have sold my Rickey Henderson rookies back in the 90's.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post

Sounds .... a lot... like... gambling.

It's a hobby.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    matt ryan rc #'d to 99 out of 08 exquisite. first and only box ive ever opened.

sold for a quick $850.
    Now that's sharp because as we both know those things never really hold their value all that long.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Where do u guys think is the best to pick up packs? By the box online? I really only see shitty old packs at target and what not

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Sports cards are much like sports betting, a lot of trends involved.
    I understand that and was a big collector. I can assure you the favre proline auto won't make a big jump until he is dead. Maybe when he gets in the hof a few dollars.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I'm an avid sports memorabilia collector, but my collection isn't nearly as cool as this guys!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...ports/26984252
    What an amazing collection.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'll trade you for this:

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Huge collector here. The market for Jordan inserts from the 90's is insane right now.

High-end cards are honestly a better long-term investment then the stock market right now. People who aren't in this business/hobby would be shocked by just how much money is involved. People that deal in high-end cards have DEEP pockets and it's not going away. Many of them are lawyers, doctors, ceo's and buy for their personal collection.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by Hazious View Post
    Where do u guys think is the best to pick up packs? By the box online? I really only see shitty old packs at target and what not
    If you want packs I would just go to your average brick and mortar hobby shop. Target and Wal Mart sell retail packs. In retail packs its a lot harder to hit good stuff, your local hobby store would give you substantially better odds, a little bit more expensive but well worth it.

As far as boxes, try Ebay, Dave and Adams Card World, or Orange County Sports Cards. You can find them all online, and all will be much cheaper than getting a abox from your local hobby shop.

jmdudney

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Huge collector here. The market for Jordan inserts from the 90's is insane right now.

High-end cards are honestly a better long-term investment then the stock market right now. People who aren't in this business/hobby would be shocked by just how much money is involved. People that deal in high-end cards have DEEP pockets and it's not going away. Many of them are lawyers, doctors, ceo's and buy for their personal collection.
    Totally agree. I watch rare stuff on Ebay just to see the amount of money they go for.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Have a ton of 80's O pee chee hockey from the 80's, and lots of the worthless 1989-1992 every sport cards.

I really liked the Mcfarlane sports figures. Seem alot cooler than a card.

First 12