statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Fukk, liberals are douchebags

A Christian pastor from Iran, YousefNadarkhani, continues to struggle with a death sentence placed on him by the national government, while world leaders cry out against his condemnation.
    Nadarkhani was first arrested by the Iranian government in 2009 for protesting a new law that required teaching of the Koran. He was found guilty the following year and sentenced to death. At the time, the official statement convicted him of “turning his back on Islam, the greatest religion, the prophesy of Mohammad, at the age of 19," according to the International Business Times.
    After a series of appeals, the Iranian Supreme Court agreed that the death penalty should be carried out, on the basis that Nadarkhani—the pastor of a Christian church of approximately 400 members—had encouraged others to abandon Islam.
    "The Judge kept asking my client to say, 'I have renounced Christianity and I recognize Islam as rescinder of all other regions,' and he kept saying 'I won't say that,' " Nadarkhani’s lawyer stated, as quoted in the International Business Times article. Despite repeated pressure from the courts to convert to Islam, Nadarkhani has adhered to his Christian faith unquestionably throughout the proceedings.
    As the news of the pastor’s condemnation became internationally known, various governments and organizations began to protest against the ruling. Speaker of the House John Boehner was among the first. This goes beyond the law to an issue of fundamental respect for human dignity,” he stated. “I urge Iran’s leaders to abandon this dark path, spare YousefNadarkhani’s life, and grant him a full and unconditional release” (The National Review).
    The German and British governments, the European Union, and President Obama also protested the condemnation, appealing to universal ideals of human rights and freedoms. Nadarkhani remains alive, but charges have not been dropped thus far.
    The Iranian government recently released a statement claiming that the reasons for Nadarkhani’s arrest were not religiously motivated. According to the statement, Nadarkhani is guilty of rape and extortion. Lawyers, news media, and governmental authorities met this claim with suspicion, believing it to be an attempt on part of the Iranian government to look less harsh in their judgment.
    A similar case occurred in Saudia Arabia, when a woman was sentenced to lashing for driving. The government eventually backed down due to pressure from Western nations in that case. However, the fate of YousefNadarkhani remains uncertain

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

a-salami eggs and bacon

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    a-salami eggs and bacon
    Sunds delicious!