gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    100 should be the BARE minimum. Could not agree with this more. Especially with that kind of product.

When I started out in real estate it was 500+ calls a day, 12 hour days every day except sunday.
    500 calls is brutal man. When I was in inside sales I had to do a min of 75 with one booked appointment. If you hadn't booked an appointment, you kept going until you did. It was good training and it definitely weeds out the farmers.

You mentioned getting leads from your website- check out an analytics package called visistat. My buddy sells this and it's really cool for grabbing web leads.

diggler420
    diggler420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very important to know your product, believe in it, show confidence and be able to articulate yourself well to get pitch across.. some people are dumb, some are smart, and others stubborn even.. i.e. if you can tell right off the bat, that who you are talking too knows--doesnt hesitate to answer, just says "ok", "go ahead" "what it is it that you are offering?"--those, who you know may already be familiar with the product/service you are offering, shoot with your speal quick and simple, no "uhs" in between.. if their slow, articulate your words and use breaks in between points, be patient and polite, and for those who are stubborn--sound mean on the phone "yes!", "no!", "well?"--just dominate the conversation, let them know what you are offering, and get your pitch across, before they can hangup or say not interested.. Always keep a positive mind-set.. very important.. also jsut to add, I drink lots of coffee not too much where im going a 100 miles an hour, but enough to keep my mind sharp.. sound awake haha it helps! anyways good luck bro

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I quit selling insurance because of cold calling. I hated trying to talk people into something they didn't know they needed.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the advice guys

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Thehusker View Post
    I am the best on the planet at it and if you have to ask you threw. Plain and simple move on.
    ABC and network till your fukkin the sheriffs daughter ya dig.
    CIC CISR SERIES 7 Bachelors, WVU your coal miner like the rest of them don't lie. They just pulled you out of the rubble a week ago.

Last edited by yisman; 10-11-11 at 10:11 AM.

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Did someone tell you to quit fukking bothering them and hang up? If so, sorry.

Ice House

fukk cold calling can't take it anymore.... I'm going business to business

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I like that thehusker is convinced he's the best on the planet at cold calling.

Ice House

is important to speak with authority when cold calling??? i mean try to talk with a extra deep voice and be slightly pushy?

all i'm trying to do is set appts here not sell on the phone but they won't even schedule the appt with me. they keep saying just email me.

and when i email ... i get a message back 70% of the time from mailer demon saying the email didn't go through

i'm about to start going business to business and just asking if they want to learn more about my newsletter and asking to schedule an appt.

i just need to convince my self i am not soliciting

Ice House

i fukking hate cold calling i'm done with this bullshit.

Ice House

tomorrow i will start going to door to door fukk it

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

What do you sell? I hope it's not a financial service or an insurance product.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Drink lots of coffee. I make $150+ cold calls a day. I just use caffeine to keep me focused. I try to not to do anything else. I make bursts of 20 calls at a time. And if I want to take a break and check sbr or espn or something like that I do.

On sundays I don't make outbound calls. I used the following links to keep me from dieing of bordom.

Nudity free
    http://sneakhype.com/
    http://thechive.com/
    http://hypebeast.com/

If your job doesn't allow nudity be careful with this one.
    http://isanyoneup.com/

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

CIC CISR SERIES 7 Bachelors, WVU your coal miner like the rest of them don't lie. They just pulled you out of the rubble a week ago.
    Husker I can out sell you ANY DAY OF THE FOKKIN WEEK PAL

First 12